• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio to Militia: We Will Shoot You. By Accident.

that's one of the most disgustingly corrupt law enforcement agencies in the country. How they've been allowed to continue doing what they do is incomprehensible. Joe and nearly every one of his deputies needs a hot chunk on lead deposited in their head.

Gross abuse of prisoners, most of whom are merely awaiting trial and haven't yet been convicted of anything, deaths of inmates under his custody (apparently beaten to death by deputies and NOT other inmates, retaliation against political adversaries etc etc etc.

I can't wait to read the headline stating that this POS won't be down for breakfast.

Isn't that Obamas job?

The po-po should be happy that they have help in the idiotic War on Drugs. [rolleyes]

Idiotic war on drugs is another topic.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you do if your police weren't effectively protecting your family?

Police aren't effectively protecting my family. I am.

- - - Updated - - -

First, my post was stating what should be happening, not what is happening, so your argument really is pointless. Lawfully, in our Constitutional republic, we cannot grant someone else power or rights that we don't have ourselves. Just because they take that power upon themselves, doesn't make it lawful.

And no, I am not okay with people ambushing vehicles because they think it belongs to a drug dealer, including cops. My point in this thread is to point out the unconstitutional double standard and unlawful power grab of the government.

First, this discussion is about what is happening, not what should be happening, so your argument is really pointless.

The deputies were in camo from what I read in another article.

Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity. The deputies flashed their lights and honked their horn a known drug runner method.

May I play the what if game..

The deputies pulled over, flashed the lights and honked the horn.
The Militia came out (in camo) and told them to freeze.
The deputies got out and (in camo - but with patches with ident)
The militia lowered their weapons and apologized.
The deputies arrested them because they knew they were cold meat if these were bad guys and were pissed.

why anyone would be OK with law enforcement being held to a different standard than "us normal citizens" is beyond me

The deputies were in camo from what I read in another article.

Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Sounds like a case of mistaken identity. The deputies flashed their lights and honked their horn a known drug runner method.

May I play the what if game..

The deputies pulled over, flashed the lights and honked the horn.
The Militia came out (in camo) and told them to freeze.
The deputies got out and (in camo - but with patches with ident)
The militia lowered their weapons and apologized.
The deputies arrested them because they knew they were cold meat if these were bad guys and were pissed.

That's a great "what if" game. Too bad it doesn't match the report of EITHER party involved.

Maybe if the police and border patrol actually started enforcing the laws - they wouldn't have to worry about people going out there and trying to do it themselves.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

The government in this country has created a moral and law enforcement vacuum. Apparently militia people feel it's something that needs to get filled.

Maybe if the police and border patrol actually started enforcing the laws - they wouldn't have to worry about people going out there and trying to do it themselves.

Nature abhors a vacuum.

The government in this country has created a moral and law enforcement vacuum. Apparently militia people feel it's something that needs to get filled.

You want militia deciding what needs to be enforced? In this case, drug laws. Maybe they can tackle speeding next.

All of this nonsense is completely eliminated by legalizing drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

You want militia deciding what needs to be enforced? In this case, drug laws. Maybe they can tackle speeding next.

Exactly, no one should be enforcing drug laws, because there shouldn't be any.

just because they mention a drug runner doesn't mean it wasn't related to border security, they run drugs over the border with immigrants all the time.

can we say for certain what the militia was out there doing? or why he pointed a a firearm at anyone?

no

- - - Updated - - -

They would be too busy apprehending the biggest speeding offenders: cops.

not true because Martlet told me that we gave the cops power to break the law all the time

Isn't the story about a wannabe border patrol who pulled a gun on a sheriff?

+1

Pulling a rifle on a cop, is a bad idea. Read the article guys.

+1

i'm gonna listen to the scanner and follow around cops to "help" them out too, you know because they aren't doing a good job shooting dogs and all..... [laugh]

guys, read the eFing story. some idiot wanna - be pointed a gun (a Rifle) at a Cop. let me know how that works for you with a "good intentions" and what not.

+1

+1

i'm gonna listen to the scanner and follow around cops to "help" them out too, you know because they aren't doing a good job shooting dogs and all..... [laugh]

guys, read the eFing story. some idiot wanna - be pointed a gun (a Rifle) at a Cop. let me know how that works for you with a "good intentions" and what not.

From the sounds of it there really isn't enough to the story, there was another guy who pointed a rifle supposedly and people called him a hero Remember Jose!

I really don't get the comments or perception here... I'm no statist but if your a militia and organizing troops in a known hotbed area you might want to let the sheriffs department know about it. Kind of like being shot by your own during war time (friendly fire)?

I'm the first to say F the police but they are the one with the badges (because we let them) and if both groups are out to do the same thing you need to make a better effort coordinating it.

You beat me to it with this analysis. One of the worst tactical mistakes you can make is to insert yourself into a hot situation without any coordination with the forces who are on your side. You don't know where they are, they don't know who you are or where you are and you have no way of identifying yourself to them.

The question here is not so whether you should be able to do this, but how to do it so that you don't get lit up by everyone else out there.

No - that's not what I wrote.

I said that if the police and border patrol would actually start enforcing the laws, which I admit they are told not to enforce by politicians - and/or they go and do things - like sell weaponry to drug cartels, then there likely wouldn't be anybody out there thinking they need to go militia and do it themselves.

The government has created this problem in the first place by not doing their goddam job.

And if it came right down to it - yes, after a certain point I would want "the militia" deciding which laws to enforce. Especially if the government abrogated their responsibility to do so , or the government started going rogue. That's the way it was when the country started and it seemed to work pretty well. The militia that is out there now - is there because they're trying to catch drug smugglers and illegal aliens. Last time I checked - those are some laws a lot of people in this country would like to see enforced.

From the sounds of it there really isn't enough to the story, there was another guy who pointed a rifle supposedly and people called him a hero Remember Jose!

you know that's totally oppsite here. Jose was in his own home, minding his own business. [wink] vs. the "good guy HERO" pointing his gun at a LEO. how would you feel - espeically when your guys are getting shot at by the drug smugglers / cartels if some douche pointed a gun at you? i would have lit him up. end of story.

this is like those "what if" threads where people want to intervene in stuff that doesn't concern them... i.e. stopping what you think is a crime when it could be an under cover cop, domestic, drug deal gone bad ect... you might get yourself hurt. let the pros handle it.. get you and your family to safety...

just because they mention a drug runner doesn't mean it wasn't related to border security, they run drugs over the border with immigrants all the time.

can we say for certain what the militia was out there doing? or why he pointed a a firearm at anyone?

no

- - - Updated - - -

not true because Martlet told me that we gave the cops power to break the law all the time

Right. What the cop AND the arrested said are irrelevant. Matty knows best.

Right. What the cop AND the arrested said are irrelevant. Matty knows best.

you must have read a different article than I did, please share your source with me so I can be enlightened to the facts you have that I do not.

Malley claimed “he had the right to point his rifle at the individual because he had reasonable suspicion to believe a crime was occurring,” according to the probable cause statement

it's irrelevant because the arrested did not do anything illegal

I feel there is animosity towards this militia member for doing exactly what an officer would do, simply because he is not an officer.
I don't get that logic. It is ok for some but not for others? that never sits well with me

Last edited:
you must have read a different article than I did, please share your source with me so I can be enlightened to the facts you have that I do not.

Obviously. Too bad you "go time" couch commandos didn't bother to do a little googling before rabble rousing.

I know, I know. FREEEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!

I was working off information given to me in this thread, you were working on outside information, never citing it and calling me out for not knowing it.

that makes me a rabble rousing, go time, couch commando?

rush to judgement much?

Back
Top Bottom