• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio to Militia: We Will Shoot You. By Accident.

Did the militia guy do anything that, had the roles been reversed, the cop would've been arrested for? No? There's a double standard here? That's what I thought.

I really don't get the comments or perception here... I'm no statist but if your a militia and organizing troops in a known hotbed area you might want to let the sheriffs department know about it. Kind of like being shot by your own during war time (friendly fire)?

I'm the first to say F the police but they are the one with the badges (because we let them) and if both groups are out to do the same thing you need to make a better effort coordinating it.

Cops can and do point their guns at people every day, and there's no repercussions for them when they get it wrong.

First, that's not always the case. Second, we empower them to. If you don't like that, take away that power. It's a system we set up and allow to continue. If you don't like it, change it.

I know, I know. FREEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM.

This. Laws are to apply to everyone equally; there is to be no special treatment or exemptions for politicians, judges, and cops. The government only has the power to do things that the people themselves have a right to do. The government's authority is derived from the rights of the people, and while we give government the permission to do certain things on our behalf, we still retain the right to do those things for ourselves, as well. If we don't have the right to do something, then we can't grant government the permission to do that thing.

Those citizens who make up the government do not have any more rights than the rest of the citizens, even (especially) when acting on behalf of the government. If the government has the legitimate authority to police neighborhoods and patrol the border, it is because we gave them permission to do so on our behalf, while retaining the right to do so on our own behalf.

If agents of the government are given the latitude to point weapons at people, get it wrong, and it be okay so long as no one is hurt, then we the people are to be given that same latitude. Either that, or these cops need to be arrested and put behind bars and have their 2A rights revoked for life. The latter doesn't sound much like liberty to me.

Absolutely false. We grant police the power to do things citizens can't. Right or wrong, we do. Watch your neighbor break into a car then go tackle him, throw him in cuffs and take him to your house. Detain him there until you can get him in front of a judge. Let me know how that works out for you.

"Hey Bubba, let's dress up like the Army and go sit on the side of the road looking for drug dealers."
"Hell yeah! That smells like FREEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMMM."

- - - Updated - - -

I'm okay with the police drawing down on someone in a potentially dangerous situation and then standing down the instant the situation is deemed safe. In this situation, if the police drew on these guys first it would even be news, nor should it be. However, there should be no double standard; I'm okay with cops being drawn on if it isn't immediately apparent that they are the police. Once that is verified, lower weapons, shake hands, move on.

So you're ok with people hiding in the bushes on the side of the road and ambushing a vehicle because they think it belongs to a drug dealer?

Keep your version of freedom, please. I want none of it.

that's one of the most disgustingly corrupt law enforcement agencies in the country. How they've been allowed to continue doing what they do is incomprehensible. Joe and nearly every one of his deputies needs a hot chunk on lead deposited in their head.

Gross abuse of prisoners, most of whom are merely awaiting trial and haven't yet been convicted of anything, deaths of inmates under his custody (apparently beaten to death by deputies and NOT other inmates, retaliation against political adversaries etc etc etc.

I can't wait to read the headline stating that this POS won't be down for breakfast.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're ok with people hiding in the bushes on the side of the road and ambushing a vehicle because they think it belongs to a drug dealer?

Keep your version of freedom, please. I want none of it.

What would you do if your police weren't effectively protecting your family?

Back
Top Bottom