• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AZ - Senate Votes To Allow CCW with NO LICENSE

State senators voted Tuesday to let anyone who can legally have a weapon carry it beneath a jacket, in a purse or otherwise hidden.

SB 1108 would eliminate all the penalties that now exist when someone has a concealed weapon without first getting a state permit. That permit requires the holder to attend a training class which covers everything from the laws on when people can use deadly physical force to proving the person actually can handle the weapon.

It also requires a background check.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152118

I can't wait. No place is perfect and the border is going to be a problem for many years to come or forever. But I'm moving there asap to a little piece of land northeast of Tucson. This story just reinforces my decision.

AZ is one of the states I consider to move to in the near future.
Just remember, as soon as you move there, restaurants that serve alcohol are off limits. As long as you're a non-resident, they aren't. (really).

Just remember, as soon as you move there, restaurants that serve alcohol are off limits. As long as you're a non-resident, they aren't. (really).

And you can't carry into shopping malls (I have a friend who's had a couple of guns stolen from the glove box in shopping mall pkg lots), or public buildings (must "check your gun" at the door to the public library), etc.

AZ is a LOT more restrictive than MA, NH, ME or VT! I have some friends who retired to AZ and get reports all the time from them.

And you can't carry into shopping malls (I have a friend who's had a couple of guns stolen from the glove box in shopping mall pkg lots), or public buildings (must "check your gun" at the door to the public library), etc.

AZ is a LOT more restrictive than MA, NH, ME or VT! I have some friends who retired to AZ and get reports all the time from them.
yeah, I ahve two friends who live there, and when it comes to where they can cary versus where I can carry, I definitely win. (The rest of the BS gun climate in MA of course is a separate discussion)

Back
Top Bottom