AZ - Jose Guerena Shot 60 Times By SWAT Team

Good point, of course the police could say that the low paying jobs were just a "cover" for what he was really up to.[rolleyes]

To your other point I highlighted, I have been thinking that way since the first time I read this story! If he had really intended to shoot, there would definitely be some dead cops!

The addition to that of course is he was shot 22 times, but was still alive. What makes the justification that much worse is the fact they clearly prevented medical help from attending him and let him bleed out after walking his wife and son over him still alive.

The addition to that of course is he was shot 22 times, but was still alive. What makes the justification that much worse is the fact they clearly prevented medical help from attending him and let him bleed out after walking his wife and son over him still alive.

I can't believe they got away with that... [sad2]

I can't believe they got away with that... [sad2]

I believe that is how they were able to claim it was a good shoot. The statements from 2 of the swat team members said they heard him say "I've got something for you guys" and that is what the 'investigators' said confirmed is was ok to shoot!

I believe that is how they were able to claim it was a good shoot. The statements from 2 of the swat team members said they heard him say "I've got something for you guys" and that is what the 'investigators' said confirmed is was ok to shoot!

No doubt the time "securing the house" while he bled out was actually spent coming up with a consistent BS story to tell.

hang-em-high.jpg

Everything comes around eventually. Pissed off family and friends are patient. The last thing these murderers should be doing is sleeping softy.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Everything comes around eventually. Pissed off family and friends are patient. The last thing these murderers should be doing is sleeping softy.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Yep, go to see the new movie "End of Watch" to see just how this can play out for those cops...

Bump for Jose on this debate eve.

I doubt either of the two men on TV this evening would do anything to keep this crap from happening again.

Bump for Jose on this debate eve.

I doubt either of the two men on TV this evening would do anything to keep this crap from happening again.

Hopefully his family gets around to making this right, because it's clear anyone official has zero intention of doing so. The jackbooted thugs behind that little operation deserve nothing short of being lit up on their front lawns with Jose's family behind the sights.

Murderers walking free because of the thin blue line.

Without getting into the debate about good versus bad and which side is which, I don't quite understand why so many police departments feel the need to use SWAT on every run of the mill warrant. Just from an officer safety perspective it seems like it would make more sense to wait outside quietly until the subject of the warrant comes out. I mean, unless you do something to spook him, he's probably going to come out every day, right? Arresting him outside seems safer for both officers and citizens.

Running into a house with weapons is obviously going to provoke some homeowners to defend themselves - why wouldn't you just wait until he comes outside? For that matter, even if you want to knock on the door and tell him you are there to arrest him you'll still get him to come out more often than not - you may have to wait six hours to do it in some cases, but I bet you'd save a lot of police and citizen's lives by doing it that way.

ETA, I base my statement of "every run of the mill warrant" on watching reality TV shows like Dallas SWAT where they go after everyone with a drug warrant like they are expecting to find an army on the other side of the door.

Without getting into the debate about good versus bad and which side is which, I don't quite understand why so many police departments feel the need to use SWAT on every run of the mill warrant. Just from an officer safety perspective it seems like it would make more sense to wait outside quietly until the subject of the warrant comes out. I mean, unless you do something to spook him, he's probably going to come out every day, right? Arresting him outside seems safer for both officers and citizens.

Running into a house with weapons is obviously going to provoke some homeowners to defend themselves - why wouldn't you just wait until he comes outside? For that matter, even if you want to knock on the door and tell him you are there to arrest him you'll still get him to come out more often than not - you may have to wait six hours to do it in some cases, but I bet you'd save a lot of police and citizen's lives by doing it that way.

ETA, I base my statement of "every run of the mill warrant" on watching reality TV shows like Dallas SWAT where they go after everyone with a drug warrant like they are expecting to find an army on the other side of the door.

The SWAT team has been used to replace real police work... They could have nabbed Jose in any number of places, going to work, leaving work, at the store, traffic stop, etc.. The appearance is that citizens lives and those of their pets, is of no concern. Have warrant, send SWAT, have a nice day...

They're not cops anymore, they are a paramiltary organization with law enforcing powers. It shows in their weapons, their vehicles, their tactics and their mindsets.

Is this largely a Western America thing? I know it happens everywhere, but I see it so much more in AZ, NM, TX etc.

This should shed a little light:

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

No. Not just a western state phenomena.

Despite the apparent larger numbers in the eastern states, we hear less about them. I'm not willing to contemplate why that might be.

The best way to counter that is all the actual military members and veterans training up the rest of the concerned citizens; all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I'd say that MOST of my military buddies are now in some type of civil service/law enforcement position. The government makes it easier for us to get these kind of jobs, especially with Mass veterans preference, it has really amazed me (recently) how quickly a lot of these guys, friends of mine, have separated themselves from the populace (not because of the job) because of the mindset and dialogue I keep hearing about "civilians" and their daily interaction with them.

I agree they are heavily overused. In this situation they knew Jose had 3 jobs. Yeah, 3. You can't tall me they couldn't just wait for him to leave for work and pull him over.

Basically I see 99% of SWAT usage as unnecessary. And not on;y are they misused, they kill people fairly frequently and nothing ever happens.

I'd say that MOST of my military buddies are now in some type of civil service/law enforcement position. The government makes it easier for us to get these kind of jobs, especially with Mass veterans preference, it has really amazed me (recently) how quickly a lot of these guys, friends of mine, have separated themselves from the populace (not because of the job) because of the mindset and dialogue I keep hearing about "civilians" and their daily interaction with them.

By in large, we (prior combat arms) find American civilians self-centered, entitled, do nothing, cry baby bi%$#es which we constantly want to kick in the face and remind that the world isn't as much "cupcakes and happy thoughts" as it is "hand grenades and genocide". We also tend to despise people back home because they assume that if they do not approve, it should be illegal and anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb/ evil. Most who I know agree that if the "average" U.S. citizen had to fight against the average citizen of a third world nation, they would get crushed.

I'll train anyone who isn't a cry baby or a psycho whatever they want to know though, as long as it isn't classified (you'd be surprised how much stupid shit is).

Rest in Peace Mr. Guerena.

I agree they are heavily overused. In this situation they knew Jose had 3 jobs. Yeah, 3. You can't tall me they couldn't just wait for him to leave for work and pull him over.

Basically I see 99% of SWAT usage as unnecessary. And not on;y are they misused, they kill people fairly frequently and nothing ever happens.

The majority are juiced up adrenaline junkies with itchy trigger fingers and a complete hatred of the constitution (I'll post about 500 pictures with these psychotic SWAT members in about .5 seconds, not hard to find, not including the incriminating videos). IMO, we should toss the boys in blue, I mean tactical black, into contractor jobs and ship them overseas to Africa to work for warlords fighting over diamond territory. They have no business being on American soil and applying military doctrine on citizens with rights. Actually, if you have no problem raiding the home of a member of our armed services on a "hunch", riddled with poor intel that there "may be" drugs on site....and shooting the guy 60 times, yeah you have no business in society as far as I'm concerned. They are roided up maniacs and belong in the desert continent busting caps with the locals in Angola. They can go get their rocks off in the third world, f***ing psychos.

There's certainly no lack of evidence detailing their ineptitude. Between the video on this event and SWAT shooting that grandfather in the head while he was proned out on the floor in Framingham, because these guys are so highly trained in "Special Weapons And Tactics" they're not even smart enough to keep their ****ing finger off the trigger or point their rifle in a safe direction. That alone should be enough to disban them all. But no we get more new and improved ones every year, now with "free" APCs and drones.

Seriously. Hitler and the SS would need a ****ing bucket to catch the drool if they were alive now.

I believe it was in the back and the man was the stepfather of a kid that was a dealing pot. If memory serves, no drugs were found in the house, although I certainly could be wrong on that)

Unless you're mean another incident.

Here's the kicker. The kid they were after on that raid was identified as a dealer because he would walk down the street to a gas station, conduct his business in the parking lot (under view of a camera) and walk back home.

I suspect this kid was not a high risk target and coulda-shoulda been picked up on one of his walkabouts.

Found our thread, Just saw he was 68. Didn't see relation or exact shot location in my quick overview, but I thought it was the head. Not that it matters:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-119089.html

I believe it was in the back and the man was the stepfather of a kid that was a dealing pot. If memory serves, no drugs were found in the house, although I certainly could be wrong on that)

Unless you're mean another incident.

Here's the kicker. The kid they were after on that raid was identified as a dealer because he would walk down the street to a gas station, conduct his business in the parking lot (under view of a camera) and walk back home.

I suspect this kid was not a high risk target and coulda-shoulda been picked up on one of his walkabouts.

Of course, the polezei rationale on this is that they might not find his stash if they did this, odds are greater if they hit him while he's home. It's the narco equivalent of the Vincent Hanna scene in HEAT where he tells them to let them walk because they have nothing. The narcs want big scores- Taking down a guy with a couple of dime bags on him is nothing when they are salivating for a haul- particularly when they can get a guy on something big enough to punt the whole thing to the feds.
[thinking]

-Mike

Of course, the polezei rationale on this is that they might not find his stash if they did this, odds are greater if they hit him while he's home. It's the narco equivalent of the Vincent Hanna scene in HEAT where he tells them to let them walk because they have nothing. The narcs want big scores- Taking down a guy with a couple of dime bags on him is nothing when they are salivating for a haul- particularly when they can get a guy on something big enough to punt the whole thing to the feds.
[thinking]

-Mike

And they get to seize all the assets to buy some more fun toys.

Back
Top Bottom