• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Avoid Fenway Park area on Sunday morning 6/12

Cartoons

NES Member
​F​ENWAY PARK TO BE SITE OF BOSTON POLICE
AND DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURTY
COUNTERTERRORISM EXERCISE SUNDAY, JUNE 12
Simulations to Take Place Between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.;
Parts of Yawkey Way and Van Ness Street to Close

BOSTON, MA – As part of a concentrated, ongoing partnership with law enforcement to work on safety, security, and preparedness, Fenway Park will be the site of a counterterrorism exercise conducted by the Boston Police Department, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the U.S. Army Armament Research, Development, and Engineering Center (ARDEC) on Sunday, June 12, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.

During the exercise, Boston Police, along with state and federal first responders, including members of Red Sox security, will react to various simulated scenarios meant to test preparedness and new technologies for large events in the City of Boston.

The city will close parts of Yawkey Way (Brookline Avenue to Boylston Street) and Van Ness Street (Ipswich Street to Richard B. Ross Way) during the exercise. Fans and neighbors are asked to avoid the area and be aware that they may hear sounds of simulated explosions and realistic-sounding simulated gunshots during the exercise.

“The opportunity to participate in an exercise that tests preparedness and cutting-edge technologies in real time is a big advantage for us,” said Red Sox Director of Security and Emergency Services Charlie Cellucci. “Fan safety is a topic we continually discuss and evaluate, and by participating in this exercise, led by Boston Police alongside state and federal agencies, we hope to gain valuable insight that may help enhance how we keep visitors safe at Fenway Park.”

Aren't these things usually followed by some real event? Maybe stay out of Fenway for a few days after too. [tinfoil]

heard this on the news last night. They also mentioned they were looking for 100 volunteers. Maybe to be the hostages...

it's all theatrics to continue brainwashing the masses. my policy is to avoid Fenway Park at all times. problem solved.

I'll bet the Fenway Neighborhood association is real thrilled.

Those hand-wringing pissants hate anything that disturbs/disrupts their piece and quite... especially simulated gunfire and explosions.

heard this on the news last night. They also mentioned they were looking for 100 volunteers. Maybe to be the hostages...

Sounds like a great opportunity for those intent on causing harm, to sign up and gather some intel on how they conduct a hostage rescue situation.

Last edited:
If you're there, put a cork in your butt, leave your nail clippers at home, and don't wear camo. You'll be fine.

Actually I'd be the type to do it - and then be informed that "Oh, by the way sir, this spot across the street from Fenway Park that you're standing on is actually part of the BU campus....Open carry was fine, but this is a University. You're under arrest."

Honest to God, that's literally how my luck would run. Balls without Brains....

Would anyone mind if I took a wrecking ball to that disgusting edifice that represents the permanent residents of the basement of "major league" baseball?

Aw, that's not nice, I love that park and the team that has won 25% of the World Series in the last 12 years! [smile]

Maybe they will be told to yell stuff like "obey the constitution" at the agents to make it more realistic for what they are training for.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

it's all theatrics to continue brainwashing the masses. my policy is to avoid Fenway Park at all times. problem solved.
This^^^. I've got the tinfoil on tight, but I do believe that *exercises* like this are intended to get the public used to a heavy police presence.

"Hallowed Ground"..." Religious Experience "blah blah... Tax breaks for billionaires and for one particular one who could have created a MUCH more comfortable experience for people paying huge bucks to sit in right field with their obstructed angle of sight fixed on left field. Seats about as comfortable as your Grandmother's old wooden dinette set, etc.
Tell the sheep anything, as long as they show up and buy a "Fenway Frank".. that smells and tastes like something a homeless, hungry Haitian family in Port-au-Prince would throw in the trash or feed to its pet goat...

Just sayin'

"Hallowed Ground"..." Religious Experience "blah blah... Tax breaks for billionaires and for one particular one who could have created a MUCH more comfortable experience for people paying huge bucks to sit in right field with their obstructed angle of sight fixed on left field. Seats about as comfortable as your Grandmother's old wooden dinette set, etc.
Tell the sheep anything, as long as they show up and buy a "Fenway Frank".. that smells and tastes like something a homeless, hungry Haitian family in Port-au-Prince would throw in the trash or feed to its pet goat...

Just sayin'

All of that sounds great to me...

Just sayin [wink]

Back
Top Bottom