• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Is Not Approving NFA submissions from MA

I'm guessing some higher up at the BATFE decided that a state AG making shit up and playing games was not grounds for them to have agents tied up for months, if not indefinitely, sitting on piles of paperwork.

Isn't it possible that the ag folded here as a defensive measure. This issue only makes her guidance murkier. If the atf doesn't understand what her guidance means then how can a regular citizen be expected to? That and the issue of ma definition of a firearm not jiving with sbrs or lower receivers. To me it just seems like her jamming up nfa items only makes her case harder. And it is too complicated an issue to garner support from the morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't have any NFA stuff myself, but maybe someone could ask the ATF what changed. I'm sure they are more likely to share the information than our AG.

Isn't it possible that the ag folded here as a defensive measure. This issue only makes her guidance murkier. If the atf doesn't understand what her guidance means then how can a regular citizen be expected to? That and the issue of ma definition of a firearm not jiving with sbrs or lower receivers. To me it just seems like her jamming up nfa items only makes her case harder. And it is too complicated an issue to garner support from the morons.

Imagine a case where it is in her best interest to approve these. Evaluate her actions and directives in light of written and practiced law for the past 21 years.

She has shown an absolute disregard for settled law, both federal and state, so why would she now decide to throw in the towel and provide said guidance?

She wouldn't. She could have simply sat on it ad infinitum and likely nothing would have happened without legal intervention. Maybe the ATF would tell her to go pound sand, but that was more wishful thinking than an expected outcome.

I would love to hear the story behind this, I wonder what drove this and whether it will continue as a policy.

don't have any NFA stuff myself, but maybe someone could ask the ATF what changed. I'm sure they are more likely to share the information than our AG.

Or maybe we could just keep our mouth shut and be happy that someone threw us a bone instead of poking the bear and possibly effing it up for others who might still be waiting?

Bad idea. Keep your mouth shut. Lol

I thought I saw on this thread at least one person got a written reply from ATF that they were delayed pending a response from the MA AG. I don't see how it could be a problem for them to ask what changed. It's not like you'd be giving them new information or bringing up an unknown issue. I certainly wouldn't ask the AG, but the ATF sure. If she didn't respond and the ATF just changed their mind and decided she's full of it, then that's a plus. If she did respond and the ATF felt it was BS, that's a plus. The only scenarios that would be bad are if she did, or didn't, respond and the ATF felt she was right...but that didn't happen because the ATF is approving them.

I thought I saw on this thread at least one person got a written reply from ATF that they were delayed pending a response from the MA AG. I don't see how it could be a problem for them to ask what changed. It's not like you'd be giving them new information or bringing up an unknown issue. I certainly wouldn't ask the AG, but the ATF sure. If she didn't respond and the ATF just changed their mind and decided she's full of it, then that's a plus. If she did respond and the ATF felt it was BS, that's a plus. The only scenarios that would be bad are if she did, or didn't, respond and the ATF felt she was right...but that didn't happen because the ATF is approving them.

Dude, that was when we had nothing to lose.

You just do NOT ask stupid questions when you don't know the answer and when you have something to lose by asking. Do NOT draw attention to this. Some of us are still waiting and would like this processing to continue unabated.

So Im guessing this will kill my chances of obtaining the silencers I was submitting for?

Dude, that was when we had nothing to lose.

You just do NOT ask stupid questions when you don't know the answer and when you have something to lose by asking. Do NOT draw attention to this. Some of us are still waiting and would like this processing to continue unabated.

Keep your head down, don't ask questions, never look at the big picture, only be concerned with what affects you. This is why GOAL membership is so low and the laws keep getting worse.

I'm betting that the responses for post 7/20 will continue to be delayed, or denied (hoping I'm wrong for your sake). But you'll care then.

Keep your head down, don't ask questions, never look at the big picture, only be concerned with what affects you. This is why GOAL membership is so low and the laws keep getting worse.

I'm betting that the responses for post 7/20 will continue to be delayed, or denied (hoping I'm wrong for your sake). But you'll care then.

No on all accounts. I care now, I'm just smart enough to keep my ****ing mouth shut when things are going my way.

Negotiate from a position of strength, know when to retreat, and when to keep your mouth shut because you are getting the result you want. Seriously, your posts are just dripping in ignorance to the reality of how the system works. You actually think that calling the ATF to get a reason will increase our chances of getting stamps processed? How would that work, exactly?

That is like claiming that Maura didn't update her FAQ in response to comments posted on NES then saying "you should have just asked her directly". There is a word for that.

No on all accounts. I care now, I'm just smart enough to keep my ****ing mouth shut when things are going my way.

Negotiate from a position of strength, know when to retreat, and when to keep your mouth shut because you are getting the result you want. Seriously, your posts are just dripping in ignorance to the reality of how the system works. You actually think that calling the ATF to get a reason will increase our chances of getting stamps processed? How would that work, exactly?

That is like claiming that Maura didn't update her FAQ in response to comments posted on NES then saying "you should have just asked her directly". There is a word for that.

Like I said (see bold above).

I choose to be involved even when it does not directly affect me. And I do know how it works. Also I was very specific, maybe you should read my posts again, the question should come from someone who was told that the delay was due to the AG and the question is only to the ATF.

A position of strength is built on facts and information. This is about gathering information. And we won't be getting any help from the state legislature, I've spoken with several and they will not get involved. Our only hope is the courts and the Fed gov.

You think things are going your way? They just made you wait for months without a legitimate reason. And if the AG wins in court they will be knocking on your door long before mine.

Yes, a lot of people posted things that caused the AG to add/change her faq. But if you look at the big picture, and I'm only mentioning it online because it can't be undone and it's already been brought up in court, her changes only reinforce the vagueness of her notice. And that will help in the courts.

Thanks for pointing out how smart you are and how ignorant I am.

My comments are the result of watching people ask the ATF for "clarification" on things they should have just left alone. In the past 20 years, idiots "seeking clarification of existing rulings" have screwed up numerous good things that were considered settled at the time.

Getting clarification from the ATF in this case will get you nothing. It really doesn't.

What you are choosing to do is stick your nose in and piss on a hornets nest that just went to sleep. We don't know how long they will be sleeping but we are damn sure there are still hornets in there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom