ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

It's such BS that they can approve form 1's in 2 weeks yet it takes 9 months for a form 4. There's no substantive difference. If anything, a form 4 should be even easier.
I'm willing to believe that there is a larger percentage of form 1 and 4 that require individual attention, but most should be little more than what is done for a 4473, and as such should be just as instant. Certainly those who have been approved prior should go through near instantly. The delay is just a tactic to make people not do it.

I'm in the process of filing my first form 1 to SBR my Thompson M1.
I had put my town CLEO info in, but now just read a few pages back here that I should use the MSP info instead. I can't change the info now. Should I scrap this form and start over?

I'm in the process of filing my first form 1 to SBR my Thompson M1.
I had put my town CLEO info in, but now just read a few pages back here that I should use the MSP info instead. I can't change the info now. Should I scrap this form and start over?
No you’re fine, you can use either one.

HOLY SHIT!!
Must be a new record on getting approved in the shortest time!
9 Days!!

FORM TYPE -eForm 1
ENTITY -Individual
FINGERPRINT TYPE -EFT fingerprint file
PENDING -12/19
APPROVED -12/28
STATE -MA
CONTROL # -20241814xxx

SBR a MPX K
Damn, makes me want to SBR another lower. That's the shortest time I've heard of. I already have the electronic fingerprints.

I'm stuck again on the CLEO address because somehow there's a typo in there and I can't change it. This form sucks LOL

Also I'm trying to figure out how to do the digital fingerprint process rather than the ink and card method. Anyone done that? There is a business a few towns away from me that is open late just once a week that offers that service but I have no idea if it will be accepted by the form 1 requirement. I can't find any info about that on the ATF website.

And lastly (for now) if no one locally is capable of doing the barrel swap the right way, is it ok to ship the receiver out to have it done? I really don't want to do that but it may be the only option.

Last edited:
I used these guys for electronic prints.
The rub for us was we needed to get all the responsible persons on the trust done.
We mailed our fingerprint cards to them and they emailed back the .eft files.
It was a PITA to accomplish but it makes eform 1s so much easier.

A couple of times before, I messed up something on the eform and it was rejected and it had to be resubmitted, then I had to redo everyones fingerprint cards and send them in a second time.

IIRC, you can set up an appointment with the UPS store and don't need to order via 3rd party as someone in this thread had posted.

Worth noting that not all UPS Stores have the E fingerprint service.
It’s cheaper if you go through National Gun Trusts than if you set it up directly.

I'm stuck again on the CLEO address because somehow there's a typo in there and I can't change it. This form sucks LOL

Also I'm trying to figure out how to do the digital fingerprint process rather than the ink and card method. Anyone done that? There is a business a few towns away from me that is open late just once a week that offers that service but I have no idea if it will be accepted by the form 1 requirement. I can't find any info about that on the ATF website.

And lastly (for now) if no one locally is capable of doing the barrel swap the right way, is it ok to ship the receiver out to have it done? I really don't want to do that but it may be the only option.

go see Randy… $10 or $20(?) to have them emailed to you…

It’s cheaper if you go through National Gun Trusts than if you set it up directly.

a $5 difference.

🐯

At this point most local PDs should be able to do .eft file prints. I know in NH the state is pushing to get the system into all the PDs, if your local doesn't yet, try the surrounding PDs

a $5 difference.

🐯
Hey $5 is $5. I’ll take anything I can get.

I'm guessing all these problems I'm having are because I'm trying to do all this on a smart phone. (Can't enter a payment at this point.)
Hopefully I can get this wrapped up this week but holy F has this been a PITA!

Back
Top Bottom