ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

Will I have a state or federal problem if I serialize my 80% build with FJB1
Probably both tbh, knowing this state
I'm guessing all these problems I'm having are because I'm trying to do all this on a smart phone. (Can't enter a payment at this point.)
Hopefully I can get this wrapped up this week but holy F has this been a PITA!
Oh well yeah that’s the problem, you need to use a computer. You should’ve opened with that. I think the website even tells you not to do it on a smartphone.

I'm guessing then since I already submitted it, it'll be rejected and I'll have to start over. Does the ATF just keep the $200 until I get it right? 🫤
I'm trying to do all this with a busy work and kid schedule so I'm highly distracted. I'll look for that gun trust video this weekend and try to get this squared away.

I'm guessing then since I already submitted it, it'll be rejected and I'll have to start over. Does the ATF just keep the $200 until I get it right? 🫤
I'm trying to do all this with a busy work and kid schedule so I'm highly distracted. I'll look for that gun trust video this weekend and try to get this squared away.
You’ll be refunded the money after the form gets rejected. Should take about 1.5-2 weeks for the refund to be processed.

Here are the videos-

Filing as an individual:
View: https://youtu.be/WBq2a5RWMAg?si=vVXJ55aN2qyITOJ4

Filing as a gun trust:

View: https://youtu.be/RCK12ffvdr8?si=IzDZThW95Gf4eCI_

In case you’re not aware, make sure you include a copy of your MA LTC with your application when you resubmit as well, or else they’ll deny it again. The videos I linked earlier in this thread should talk about when to upload important documents like LTCs.

if a form 1 firearm , which is engraved with a name and town is relocated to a new town, do you have to re engrave the new town ?
No need to re engrave.
You are engraving the place the firearm was “made”. The same way Colt Engraves “Hartford Conn” on the stuff they make,

Question 4d ask model (as marked on firearm). Do I put SBR-Model and that it? Also serial number? Is it SBR in front of the one on lower? Thanks in advance

Question 4d ask model (as marked on firearm). Do I put SBR-Model and that it? Also serial number? Is it SBR in front of the one on lower? Thanks in advance
You're over thinking it. You are converting a firearm into an SBR. There will be a model and serial number on the frame/receiver from the original manufacturer. Just use those. No additions.

If you're building it based on an 80%, then I don't know.

If you’re doing an eform1, you must upload a picture of the engraving of the model and serial number. Make sure the photo matches exactly what you put in 4d. I was SBSing a Mossberg 590A1 and put that on the form as the model. The model engraving on the receiver is actually 590, this was enough to get the eform kicked back and needed to be resubmitted, as well as new prints done🤬

If you’re doing an eform1, you must upload a picture of the engraving of the model and serial number. Make sure the photo matches exactly what you put in 4d. I was SBSing a Mossberg 590A1 and put that on the form as the model. The model engraving on the receiver is actually 590, this was enough to get the eform kicked back and needed to be resubmitted, as well as new prints done🤬
A picture isn’t required for an eform 1. I’ve have 2 of them approved, didn’t submit a picture for either one.

If you're building it based on an 80%, then I don't know.
For an SBR on an 80%, you have to engrave a model and serial number on it. You can make up your own. On the Clone XM177E2 I built, I used that as the model. I then took a picture of the whole rollmark, which made the examiner think it was a Colt, so it was rejected based on the manufacturer not matching. Had to resubmit and more fingerprint cards. 🤬
Shit like that is why I paid for digital fingerprints.

For an SBR on an 80%, you have to engrave a model and serial number on it. You can make up your own. On the Clone XM177E2 I built, I used that as the model. I then took a picture of the whole rollmark, which made the examiner think it was a Colt, so it was rejected based on the manufacturer not matching. Had to resubmit and more fingerprint cards. 🤬
Shit like that is why I paid for digital fingerprints.
wait a minute, you pay for your fingerprints?

Last one was approved 10/10/2023

I assumed the pics were required?

Screen 6c: Line Item

Electronic documents:
If you would like to upload or include any documentation with the firearm that you are manufacturing or making, you can upload them here. This might be a schematics or diagrams, etc. For all NFA Firearms that aren't a silencer, you will need to upload a picture of the engravings on the firearm.”

Maybe I’m mistaken or it’s because I filed as a trust? Or because it was an 80%?
Or maybe it’s part of some ATF rule that got an injunction or overturned in court.?

Last edited:
Paid to have them digitized so I no longer have to do cards. I have a trust and had to get fingerprints from all responsible parties with every eform.
Dam, didn't realize PDs were charging for this, I'll have to thank them next time I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom