• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

Dam, didn't realize PDs were charging for this, I'll have to thank them next time I'm in.
I actually did all the responsible persons on my trust fingerprints on paper forms myself, and then mailed them off to be digitized. the company then emailed me the digital files. I dont think PDs are offering the digital files for NFA stuff.

If you mean the last time you got booked in at the local PD, pretty sure those digital prints are still free of charge. [rofl]

I actually did all the responsible persons on my trust fingerprints on paper forms myself, and then mailed them off to be digitized. the company then emailed me the digital files. I dont think PDs are offering the digital files for NFA stuff.

If you mean the last time you got booked in at the local PD, pretty sure those digital prints are still free of charge. [rofl]
No, I meant last time I was in for NFA prints. I'm pretty sure most can do digital, and I'm working with others to get them on-line, I'll just make my prints the test.

No, I meant last time I was in for NFA prints. I'm pretty sure most can do digital, and I'm working with others to get them on-line, I'll just make my prints the test.
They have to be .eft files for some reason.
The PD I work for has been doing digital prints for 25 years, but I tried to figure out how to capture the files for nfa stuff and Im not smart enough to make it work.
If you get it to work let us know how its done.

They have to be .eft files for some reason.
The PD I work for has been doing digital prints for 25 years, but I tried to figure out how to capture the files for nfa stuff and Im not smart enough to make it work.
If you get it to work let us know how its done.
Might be the age of the system, don't know how far back .eft goes, I'm working with new stuff, but I'll see what I can find out, might take a couple weeks.

Called National Gun Trusts after paying them $60 for the eprints option and was told the closest place I can go get that done is Rockland (I'm on the Cape). They are only open Tuesday and Wednesday and there's no way I can get there. :/

Called National Gun Trusts after paying them $60 for the eprints option and was told the closest place I can go get that done is Rockland (I'm on the Cape). They are only open Tuesday and Wednesday and there's no way I can get there. :/
Can you mail them a fingerprint card?
Thats what I did after I rolled my own. I had a few responsible persons to do.
Though it was a different place than National Gun Trust.

Or just roll your own prints and mail them in.

I've always rolled my own. Never ever had an issue. Maybe 10 form1s ago I did priority tracking on the package shipping it to the NFA branch in West Virginia but caused so much anxiety over watching the journey via tracking updates I told myself never again. Since then I simply put a few 1st class stamps on the manilla envelope and blissfully hope it makes it down there. I've never had an issue and magically in approx 3 weeks from dropping in mailbox I get my approvals.

In the process of filing out eForm 1 for a SBR for the first time. Even though I have a 03 Curios & Relics, I still check off No FFL on the form, correct?

that is correct. you still need to pay the $200
Thank you.
Couple more questions.
I printed off the pdf to look it over. For 4j Type of destructive device, nothing is checked off, on the eform I can't find where to check off the firearm box.
Also, do I just upload a copy of my LTC or should I also include my MG license?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom