ATF E-Forms Submission wait time

I dragged my feet on a suppressor purchase last year (too busy with work things).

I took 2 months, after my purchase (in September) to get the paper work in order and submitted (in November) = I suck.
[rolleyes]

Just when I was going to toss in the towel on a SBR my NFA Trust gets a letter in the mail today from BATF.

Well....... it wasn't a letter. It was my TAX STAMP!! [banana][dance][banana][dance]

Paper snail mailed 19-APR-2016. Just short of 11 months. It was approved 23-FEB-2017.

Lower already engraved but I need everything else.

Just when I was going to toss in the towel on a SBR my NFA Trust gets a letter in the mail today from BATF.

Well....... it wasn't a letter. It was my TAX STAMP!! [banana][dance][banana][dance]

Paper snail mailed 19-APR-2016. Just short of 11 months. It was approved 23-FEB-2017.

Lower already engraved but I need everything else.

Sweet, congrats!!!

Hopefully that is just the beginning.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED

Your Reference No:
Submission Date: 2016-06-16-04:00
Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM

Thank you for using eForms.

-----

Almost 9 months to get an SBR (two of them actually - I got two approvals today) approved.

EDIT and UPDATE:
So, the approved form 1s attached to the email from the ATF were stamped (watermarked if you will) DRAFT on each page. I called ATF customer service and they told me to email [email protected] and request a new certificate without the DRAFT watermark. Did that and I had new certificates by the end of the day

Last edited:
I got mine approved today. Sent 6/7/16 exactly 9 months and one week later.

it is faster to make a human than it is to get a form back from the atf

It looks like the ATF did an entire month's worth of MA forms in a day. You'd think they would just continue tomorrow and throw us a bone for living in this state of despair.

Buddy of mine still waiting for a mis-June submission. He has a Upin, so I wonder if that's what is holding him up.

Back
Top Bottom