ATF auditor photographing customer info in A&D bound book.

The shop owners just let them do this? No "sorry you can't photograph that" ????
Just roll over and play dead?
Because " Muh business"
I would not knowingly do business with those people.
Not because ATF did bad but because there was no pushback.
Such as ?
You want to go hands on to stop them ?
Toss them out of the shop bodily ?
Want your house burned down with your family in it ?, because that's how you get your house burned down with your family in it.
F*ckers have been murdering american citizens for a few decades with impunity.
They would be happy to label you a domestic terrorist and give you some of the same.
Dude did the right thing and got it out public.

A serious question for our FFL's: Is this activity commonplace or at least seen periodically, or is what's posted by the OP a significant escalation in activity?

Such as ?
Want your house burned down with your family in it ?, because that's how you get your house burned down with your family in it.
They would be happy to label you a domestic terrorist and give you some of the same.
Obstructing a federal agent is punishable by up to 20 years in slam me in the booty hole prison. You first.

People don’t think the system be like it is…but it do.

A serious question for our FFL's: Is this activity commonplace or at least seen periodically, or is what's posted by the OP a significant escalation in activity?
During the 40 years that I've been dicking around in the gun biz I've had many audits. At first they would give you a day or two heads up to get your shit together. Then for a while they would surprise you. Lately they've been calling ahead. Your results could vary. If you are 07/SOT they get a list of the NFA items that show that you have in the registry. If you have more than a couple of items, the list never matches your inventory. No big deal, they know that the NFA registry is screwed up. Then they look at your last 10 or so 4473s. Any small typo just gets corrected. Then they compare your inventory with your bound book. This is what can take time. Lately they have been going over a long list of items that you should pay attention to. Then they leave and you shitcan the list and go back to your coffee. Jack.

Make it harder for them by filling out the Bound Book... In code...

View attachment 642650
quill-pen.jpg

What? Can't read cursive? Oh.. well it's still in English so, tough shit...

During the 40 years that I've been dicking around in the gun biz I've had many audits. At first they would give you a day or two heads up to get your shit together. Then for a while they would surprise you. Lately they've been calling ahead. Your results could vary. If you are 07/SOT they get a list of the NFA items that show that you have in the registry. If you have more than a couple of items, the list never matches your inventory. No big deal, they know that the NFA registry is screwed up. Then they look at your last 10 or so 4473s. Any small typo just gets corrected. Then they compare your inventory with your bound book. This is what can take time. Lately they have been going over a long list of items that you should pay attention to. Then they leave and you shitcan the list and go back to your coffee. Jack.
Jack you’ve got me on the fence about being #62? At the mill.

It's happened to my guy a couple of times and it was a while ago. I think it happened to Ralph at least once when he owned Riley's. More dealers should take advantage of the 20 year rule and shred their 4473s that reach that age monthly - or simply return them to the person who originally filled them out if possible [wink]

@blackmetalfirearms No registry? Here's our ATF auditor copying every single page of our A&D books with her cell phone camera using an app that reads text. This data includes make, model, serial number, buyer's name and address, and even the seller. We have well over 20 minutes of footage of this happening in our shop in public view. Yes, this is illegal. @gunpolicy @nra @tedsshootingrange

View attachment 642580

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgek6aBuQz3/

she looks like the lesbian affirmative action candidate

Obstructing a federal agent is punishable by up to 20 years in slam me in the booty hole prison. You first.

People don’t think the system be like it is…but it do.
Again with the you first?
I will, I do, and continue to resist.
Grow a set.

Such as ?
Keep turtling and see where that gets you. And your kids and your kids kids.
1776 was a long time ago but the blink of an eye in the history of tyranny.
I cannot believe I see this kind of gutless tripe on a gun forum.

You folks thought the government only steals presidential elections? Nothing is illegal for them to do any more. There's no one left who will arrest and prosecute the criminals. The people themselves aren't ready to do what it takes to stop them...much of America is fat and lazy, They still have plenty of food and are still too comfy. Besides, they're getting ready for football training camp.. so nothing will change

What’s more than a few? asking for a friend.

Keep turtling and see where that gets you. And your kids and your kids kids.
1776 was a long time ago but the blink of an eye in the history of tyranny.
I cannot believe I see this kind of gutless tripe on a gun forum.
Dude you have no idea about me at all.
Sorry , you don't get to give me lessons about when or how to fight.

Dude you have no idea about me at all.
Sorry , you don't get to give me lessons about when or how to fight.
You are correct I don't know you.
Nor am I giving you lessons on how to fight.
I would not waste my time. Or your's.
Enjoy your life....

The shop owners just let them do this? No "sorry you can't photograph that" ????
Because " Muh business"
Well, I guess he could have just shot he In the back and buried her under the shop. [/SARC]

Because " Muh business"
Realistically good luck with that though esp if pushing back means risking shut down. If there were more attorneys conversant in federal gun law who represented dealers I think this stuff could be squashed.

this one?

View: https://youtu.be/gb1MVFDy_tw

Every part of this gave me the hugest erection ever… There’s some equal enforcement for you.

I only start my shit show after I dive headfirst into the cruiser to avoid getting shot this guy is a moron.

No registry? Here's our ATF auditor copying every single page of our A&D books with her cell phone camera using an app that reads text. This data includes make, model, serial number, buyer's name and address, and even the seller. We have well over 20 minutes of footage of this happening in our shop in public view. Yes, this is illegal.
I know it's illegal to create a registry. Where is it illegal for ATF to copy records?

Some years back, ATF had a boner for some FFL out in Idaho, I think. Red's Trading Post, maybe?

ATF wanted to make copies of their A&D log. "Sure, that's legal."
ATF wanted to use their copier. "Nuh-uh. Bring your own."
ATF brought their own, and tried to plug it in. "Nope. Go get your own electricity."

I don't think it ended well in the end. The FFL was a victim of employee theft, but ATF said that was the same as illegally trafficking stolen firearms.

Back
Top Bottom