Ask Amy: Dad is horrified to learn daughter has a gun in their house

Sadly, this appears to be a legitimate "Ask Amy" syndicated column which ran on 6/13 in major(?) papers like the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.62b8c7af8af2 .

Still, reads like someone trolling Amy. Kudos! I really enjoyed the Mr_Bay comments in WaPo. What a tool.

-Gary
Dear Walter,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was on our livingroom couch, kissing the neighbor girl. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor girl is 22. We have been married for ten years.

When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.

Walter

So what is a "normal" gun?
mikeyp's diablo

diablo-400x267.jpg

There's no way that went over well in a Nebraska city. That paper is going to end its relationship with (likely dumbass) Amy.
You mean the same Nebraska that requires a state permit to purchase handguns? The Nebraska that was so far behind the curve that they were the 48th state to allow licensed concealed carry, in 2007? The Nebraska that allows local restrictions on handguns for anyone who doesn't have a state-issued concealed carry license?

LOL. Exploding bullets! Amy is an ignorant human being and needs to get a real education to be qualified to give anyone (even her friends) any advice!

Sadly, this type of hysterical hoplophobia passes as "journalism" these days

We should just add an “H” to the end of the ever evolving LGBTQrstuvwxyz1234 acronym (for hoplophile)

After all, we’re just another oppressed minority exercising our freedom of choice to live the way we were born to live aren’t we?

So she's an "advice" columnist.

From that section - along with the horoscopes, TV listings, celebrity profiles, and funnies - here at the house we call the "c*nt section" of the paper.*

*Origins: Years ago, the Waterbury Republican-American used to publish a supplement section on Tuesdays called "Today's Woman" - which I promptly dubbed the "Tuesday Tw*t" - that later morphed (before disappearing) into Accent Women (same, same):
TuesdayTwat.jpg

Well, by extension any section of the paper containing that sort of truck became known as the "tw*t section" since, let's face it, versus news that stuff is pretty tw*tty. And if you're going to call it the "tw*t section" then "c*nt section" works as nicely.

I saw them on the shelf at the gun store yesterday next to the heat seeking armor piercing incendary exploding hollow points......they were on sale too!

/sarcasm...added for anyone that is utterly retarded and has no sense of humor that may read the thread
Thank you for the /sarcasm.

You really had me going there.

You mean the same Nebraska that requires a state permit to purchase handguns? The Nebraska that was so far behind the curve that they were the 48th state to allow licensed concealed carry, in 2007? The Nebraska that allows local restrictions on handguns for anyone who doesn't have a state-issued concealed carry license?

This, lots of people don't know that some of the square states had f***ed up laws forever. At one time not that long ago Iowa didn't even have lawful carry...

-Mike

This, lots of people don't know that some of the square states had f***ed up laws forever. At one time not that long ago Iowa didn't even have lawful carry...

In the early 80's, it was just about impossible to get a carry license. Had to jump through some high hoops to get it done.

I hope she moves out of her father's home. Sounds like a toxic environment. Obviously violating her privacy.

What is considered "armor piercing"? Does it include M855 5.56mm rounds? That is what I use in my .223 rifle, along with M193 ball.
M855 IS NOT AP!!! Why must you trigger people like that? Some day we may have world peace, but I would settle for everyone dropping the fantastic myth that M855 is AP. It’s even worse than “fully semi-automatic”!

M855 IS NOT AP!!! Why must you trigger people like that? Some day we may have world peace, but I would settle for everyone dropping the fantastic myth that M855 is AP. It’s even worse than “fully semi-automatic”!
Yeah. Myth that needs to be debunked.

But, I know a bunch of combat vets. I’ve been told of the wounds that round does. One guy said he saw a guy get shot in his pectoral, bullet tumbled up, through his should and out his bicep.

I highly recommend not getting shot by one of those. I’d rather get shot by the exploding hollow points.

Back
Top Bottom