Ask Amy: Dad is horrified to learn daughter has a gun in their house

JFC the retardedness is strong in this whole thing...try to not punch your monitor

Ask Amy: Dad is horrified to learn daughter has a gun in their house

Dear Amy: This week, I discovered that my intelligent, hard-working, responsible 24-year-old daughter (who lives with me) is a gun owner! And it’s not a normal gun, either — it is a 40-caliber semi-automatic, and she has hollow-point bullets to go with it.

Amy, this is the kind of weapon a criminal would possess! She says it is for emergencies. There have only been two home invasions in our neighborhood in the last 11 years.

I’ve given her three choices: She can either give her weapon to me, sell it or move out in three weeks.

I love my daughter and would be so sad for her to move into a place that she would hardly be able to afford, but now I have to lock my bedroom door at night because I don’t know what she’s going to do.

Now she says that I don’t trust her, and is barely speaking to me. How can I convince her to stop endangering us?

Dumbfounded Father

Dear Dumbfounded: According to my research, possessing hollow-point bullets is illegal in 11 states; is it legal in your state to own this sort of exploding ammunition?

In a report published in 2015, researchers at the University of Chicago found that 31 percent of households reported having a firearm in 2014, down from about 48 percent in 1980.

According to this study, there are more guns, but concentrated in fewer households. Why must your household be one of them?

Where did your daughter get this weapon and ammunition? Has she received any safety training or certification? (Accidental gun death is a substantial risk of owning a gun.) Is she perhaps engaged in another activity outside of your household that exposes her to increased risks and makes her believe she needs to have a weapon?

I have news for you: A locked bedroom door is no match for this weaponry; as I write this, just five days ago a father in South Carolina tragically shot and killed his own 23-year-old daughter through a closed door — when he mistook her for an intruder.

I agree with your ultimatum; I also weep that there is yet another (likely unsafe) gun owner in this country.
I hope she moves out of her father's home. Sounds like a toxic environment. Obviously violating her privacy.
Don't worry pops, your daughter can move in with me. I'll take her to the gun range for our first date and forge our spent shell casings into wedding bands!

I noticed that Mass isn't on that list. Does that mean armor-piercing ammo is legal here? And if so, would that make it the only 2A-related freedom Mass can claim over NH?
What is considered "armor piercing"? Does it include M855 5.56mm rounds? That is what I use in my .223 rifle, along with M193 ball.

I really cannot tell from Amy's comments but I think she leans toward being anti-gun? lmfao. What a bogus response. She is right about the door not being a good deterrent but what a moonbat father for saying he doesn't know what she intends. She should not only move out but she should never speak to him or be in contact with him ever again.

Last edited:
yeah. i seem to remember reading somewhere that the two most popular advice columns years ago, dear abby & ann landers, turned out to be made up shit of the problems of the times. i see this as no different. i tried to find evidence of this but didn't have any luck.

This, I am voting "fake news". This is a schloque type "ann landers" type that reeks of often just being made up horseshit.

Although theres a small part that makes me think someone intentionally trolled this broad...

"There have only been two home invasions in our neighborhood in the last 11 years."

[rofl]

Where I come from that would be likely considered a HIGH rate of home invasions. Even by MA small/medium dump city standards that's high, unless you're in Brockton or something.

The fun thing is this lady has all kinds of exposure... in publications that nobody actually reads. That's some schloque magazine they send healthcare subscribers in the
mail, stuff probably only that gladys kravitz, maybe a few stay at home moms, and geritols that have no life actually read. Everyone else takes that shit and hucks it in the
recycle bin.

-Mike

Which states ban ownership of hollow points? And when did hollow points start exploding. Damnit I am always the last to know!

Hmm...number 1 son has .45 I'd really like to have. Although he lives 300 miles away in his own home I'm thinkin' there has to be some precedent here.

Last edited:
Where I come from that would be likely considered a HIGH rate of home invasions.
oh, for sure! my neighborhood too. i don't have too many homes in my hood, 2 hits would be extremely high. i've been here, same house since '69 and in years past we had a rash of break ins. i'm aware of 2 in the last 10 years. and this is a decent area but with close proximity to a 93 on ramp.

Wait till this guy finds out what his sweet little daughter is doing with boys. Once he hears about her exploits he might not think the gun is so bad.

I have 3 daughters. If true I will take this one too to make 4 and with some range time she’d be into .45 acp in record time.

This, I am voting "fake news". This is a schloque type "ann landers" type that reeks of often just being made up horseshit.

Although theres a small part that makes me think someone intentionally trolled this broad...

"There have only been two home invasions in our neighborhood in the last 11 years."

[rofl]

Where I come from that would be likely considered a HIGH rate of home invasions. Even by MA small/medium dump city standards that's high, unless you're in Brockton or something.

The fun thing is this lady has all kinds of exposure... in publications that nobody actually reads. That's some schloque magazine they send healthcare subscribers in the
mail, stuff probably only that gladys kravitz, maybe a few stay at home moms, and geritols that have no life actually read. Everyone else takes that shit and hucks it in the
recycle bin.

-Mike
What is this ‘recycle bin’ that you speak of, hippy??

Back
Top Bottom