Ask Amy: Dad is horrified to learn daughter has a gun in their house

JFC the retardedness is strong in this whole thing...try to not punch your monitor

Ask Amy: Dad is horrified to learn daughter has a gun in their house

Dear Amy: This week, I discovered that my intelligent, hard-working, responsible 24-year-old daughter (who lives with me) is a gun owner! And it’s not a normal gun, either — it is a 40-caliber semi-automatic, and she has hollow-point bullets to go with it.

Amy, this is the kind of weapon a criminal would possess! She says it is for emergencies. There have only been two home invasions in our neighborhood in the last 11 years.

I’ve given her three choices: She can either give her weapon to me, sell it or move out in three weeks.

I love my daughter and would be so sad for her to move into a place that she would hardly be able to afford, but now I have to lock my bedroom door at night because I don’t know what she’s going to do.

Now she says that I don’t trust her, and is barely speaking to me. How can I convince her to stop endangering us?

Dumbfounded Father

Dear Dumbfounded: According to my research, possessing hollow-point bullets is illegal in 11 states; is it legal in your state to own this sort of exploding ammunition?

In a report published in 2015, researchers at the University of Chicago found that 31 percent of households reported having a firearm in 2014, down from about 48 percent in 1980.

According to this study, there are more guns, but concentrated in fewer households. Why must your household be one of them?

Where did your daughter get this weapon and ammunition? Has she received any safety training or certification? (Accidental gun death is a substantial risk of owning a gun.) Is she perhaps engaged in another activity outside of your household that exposes her to increased risks and makes her believe she needs to have a weapon?

I have news for you: A locked bedroom door is no match for this weaponry; as I write this, just five days ago a father in South Carolina tragically shot and killed his own 23-year-old daughter through a closed door — when he mistook her for an intruder.

I agree with your ultimatum; I also weep that there is yet another (likely unsafe) gun owner in this country.

Unreal!

Would like to comment on all the fail in the OP
but I don’t have 2 hours to waste.

I just have to say one thing. "Another new gun owner
likely unsafe in our country"? This person knows nothing
about the man’s daughter but has no problem calling her
unsafe? Who is the unsafe person in this scenario?
Could it be the person throwing around unsubstantiated allegations?

There's no way that went over well in a Nebraska city. That paper is going to end its relationship with (likely dumbass) Amy.

"And it’s not a normal gun, either — it is a 40-caliber semi-automatic....Amy, this is the kind of weapon a criminal would possess!"

Based dad.

Who the f*** is this Amy?

Not sure, but as Britn'ee said, If You Seek her.

According to my research, possessing hollow-point bullets is illegal in 11 states; is it legal in your state to own this sort of exploding ammunition?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

Frickin weepy moron offering crappy advice. LOL

Also, her Googling was completely lazy. 11 states ban armor piercing rounds, not hollow points

Currently there are eleven states that have barred the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Indiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. Though the severity of breaking any of these states armor-piercing bullets provisions all vary, they all impose a jail sentence, a fine, and sometimes both. These range from imprisonment for a minimum of one month to a maximum of ten years. The fines can range from $500 to a maximum of $15,000.

The whole things smells made up though.
yeah. i seem to remember reading somewhere that the two most popular advice columns years ago, dear abby & ann landers, turned out to be made up shit of the problems of the times. i see this as no different. i tried to find evidence of this but didn't have any luck.

Also, her Googling was completely lazy. 11 states ban armor piercing rounds, not hollow points

Currently there are eleven states that have barred the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Indiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas. Though the severity of breaking any of these states armor-piercing bullets provisions all vary, they all impose a jail sentence, a fine, and sometimes both. These range from imprisonment for a minimum of one month to a maximum of ten years. The fines can range from $500 to a maximum of $15,000.

Correct.
According to NSSF, only San Francisco and New Jersey ban Hollow Points.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ammunition-Laws-By-State.pdf

Don't worry pops, your daughter can move in with me. I'll take her to the gun range for our first date and forge our spent shell casings into wedding bands!

I noticed that Mass isn't on that list. Does that mean armor-piercing ammo is legal here? And if so, would that make it the only 2A-related freedom Mass can claim over NH?

I would give my daughter one ultimatum.....lets go shooting and see how it does at the range!!! lol

Of course my oldest is partial to the G19 and the youngest partial to the AR....

So I doubt either would bring home anything in a .40...but I could be wrong.

I would feel a little slighted if my daughter brought home a gun and didn't tell me though. Mostly because they know how much I love guns.

Back
Top Bottom