• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

As if I needed another reason NOT to move to california

Mbous

NES Member
California governor signs bill to speed up gun seizures | Fox News

I was also reading on another news site where the cops went to take a woman's guns away who was in a mental hospital for 2 days but she didn't answer the door so they just left. Some poor guy's wife had been a mental hospital for a short stay. Both of them had permits and guns, he had 2 and she had one to her name registered. The cops took all 3 under the rational that since the wife was prohibited from owning firearms then no one could possess firearms if they lived in the house. I guess by that logic everyone who has lived with someone who has a DUI needs to have the car seized or have those ignition interlock devices that require you blow into them to start the car. But then California won't take away someone's "right" to drive and own a car but guns are fair game because enough lawmakers hate them.

I guess by that logic everyone who has lived with someone who has a DUI needs to have the car seized or have those ignition interlock devices that require you blow into them to start the car.

Careful. There are people who want to make that mandatory on all cars.

Spending $24 million, collecting guns. What's there not to like. Join People's Republik of Kalifornia LE and enforce the new law.

This is merely the implementation of everyone yelling "ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE NOW" when you have a registry and laws that make people ineligible to possess their guns.

So it's not surprising, it's just difficult to watch.

I'm all for this. They will presumably be knocking on the doors of at least some legitimate criminals. And they will be be the first to start shooting.

Spending $24 million, collecting guns. What's there not to like. Join People's Republik of Kalifornia LE and enforce the new law.

Because Cali has sooo much money to spend right now [rolleyes]

If they put half as much effort into solving their financial problems (illegals collecting state benefits) as they put into attacking the rights and wallets of law-abiding citizens, they would in far better shape.

I think it was under this program that they found one guy with 600 guns. Poor guy, that's a lot of money.

This program has been going on for quite a while.

Confiscation without due process? That'll make a great lawsuit which would have to kick up above 9th Circuit for a fair ruling, and will cost CA even more millions.

Oh and funding to pay for confiscation comes from fees CA requires for transferring firearms, so law abiding CA gun owners are paying for this. Talk about a slap in the face.

Back
Top Bottom