• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: Should the Blind be Able to Obtain a Concealed Weapons Permit?

What's next,hiring a deaf person to tune your piano?This thread is proof that some people here are real kidders or morons.Hard to tell sometimes.

I don't even understand the foundation of this as a debate, seriously. People here are kidders or morons? Why do you say that? The reality is that blind people already can carry firearms. This is not a new state of affairs. It is the status quo. We aren't advocating that they be allowed to, because they already can. The only conclusion is that you feel they should be stripped of this right which they already possess.

Yes. How about we let these people make their own decisions regarding their personal safety and individual liberties. I've never read a story about a blind person who has shot someone (justified, accidentally, murdered, etc). This is a solution looking for a problem.

Anyone have a lion problem? I have lion-repelling rock to sell you

I don't see why not.
4814014643_b2e1da67c5_z.jpg

I am very curious to read In God We Trust's answer to this. No hypotheticals, just a very specific, personal question.

Taken at face value, it seems like a bad idea for a blind man to be shooting a gun at someone out on the street. I admit I have not thought very deeply on the subject. I guess if a guy is not completely Hellen Keller blind, he could probably hit a shape at close range, such as in Derek's polite example of contact shooting. Hopefully this blind man can see well enough to distinguish between the blur which is the aggressor and the blur which is the cop or good Samaritan trying to pull the thug off him before he unloads.

I stand by my opinion however that there are people out there that have no business touching firearms. The hypothetical semi-blind man may not fit this bill.

Taken at face value, it seems like a bad idea for a blind man to be shooting a gun at someone out on the street. I admit I have not thought very deeply on the subject. I guess if a guy is not completely Hellen Keller blind, he could probably hit a shape at close range, such as in Derek's polite example of contact shooting. Hopefully this blind man can see well enough to distinguish between the blur which is the aggressor and the blur which is the cop or good Samaritan trying to pull the thug off him before he unloads.

I stand by my opinion however that there are people out there that have no business touching firearms. The hypothetical semi-blind man may not fit this bill.

not semi blind legally blind, try take a milk carton, not the opaque Hood kind but the cheap a Market basket one, cut our a section and attach it over eyes, that is legally blind, now see if you cant tell the difference between stuff.

The real question is why "Moms Demand Action" think they need to tackle this particular perceived issue. Having a hard time staying relevant maybe?

Being that in most states you don't need a license to own a gun, and legally blind people are able to do so without incident, there isn't a problem in need of a solution. Also being that in many states they can also get a CC permit and they do so without incident, there isn't a problem in need of a solution. Seems like the legally blind are determining for themselves, as free men, whether or not they can handle firearm ownership and/or firearm carry.

I do not want another class of disqualified people, because the Antis will just start lowering the bar on vision requirements. Next thing you will have to be mentally qualified, dexterity qualified, sight qualified, house inspected, anal probed, and take the SAT to get a gun.

Sarcasm on.
Let's face it. Anyone crazy enough to want a GUN is too crazy to own one. Clearly. /sarcasm

Some people here are morons. Especially ones who use clumsy analogies to justify denying a law abiding citizen his natural right to self defense.

Saying that sight impaired folks are ok with shooting guns is what's moronic.Maybe someone can find a blind brain surgeon hat can perform surgery on God forbid a dying member of his family?Now that's putting your money where your mouth is.

Stop trolling

Sorry,not trolling,just being sensible.I am not saying any rights should not be trounced on,there are just unfortunate people who have certain limitations.I don't think blind people would be good at flying passenger planes either.Some things are just not safe.

Saying that sight impaired folks are ok with shooting guns is what's moronic.Maybe someone can find a blind brain surgeon hat can perform surgery on God forbid a dying member of his family?Now that's putting your money where your mouth is.
You realize that "being blind" is a continuum? How blind should someone be before you deny them their rights? You want the government to make those determinations. correct?

It's amazing how many people look to government to solve their problems.

Why? Is there a big social problem with the existing population of law-abiding gun owners who happen to have vision issues?

Why? Is there a big social problem with the existing population of law-abiding gun owners who happen to have vision issues?

Maybe not,but if one of my loved ones is shot by mistake by a blind guy there will be.Rights are important but so ia ability.I would hate to see Stephen Hawkings driving a big rig with his straw in his mouth.Is he a genius?Yes he is, but he has in my opinion no right to be behind the wheel.Like I said many times before in my life,common sense has been eradicated from this country and this threat is no exception.

It's the new .50 BMG in he gun debate. No one can point to a real problem but we have to address it. Gentlemen, I present to you a fail.

Peck, peck, peck...

Maybe not,but if one of my loved ones is shot by mistake by a blind guy there will be.Rights are important but so ia ability.I would hate to see Stephen Hawkings driving a big rig with his straw in his mouth.Is he a genius?Yes he is, but he has in my opinion no right to be behind the wheel.Like I said many times before in my life,common sense has been eradicated from this country and this threat is no exception.

Got it. Something bad might happen so you think you're justified in taking someone's rights away. It's for the children (just not the blind ones.!

epic trolling dude [rofl]

Iowa Sheriff: Blind People Can Use Guns Safely | Here & Now

Last edited:
Flying airplanes is not a fundamental right like self defense is.

Someone could screw up their country by incorrectly voting for the wrong candidate because of blindness. Just saying.

Dude.

Got it. Something bad might happen so you think you're justified in taking someone's rights away. It's for the children (just not the blind ones.!

Gotta love how so many people are so obsessed with taking away people's rights because they're afraid that a crime might happen. Just a slightly different flavor of gun grabbing in this case.

how blind? If there's no possible way you can see, identify, aim at and hit a target a gun's not a good idea for you. I'm not for making a law banning it, but I'd say any time a blind person shoots a gun it's probably a negligent discharge.

Back
Top Bottom