Article: Should the Blind be Able to Obtain a Concealed Weapons Permit?

Easy: yes. It shouldn't even be a question.

Yes.

The-Walking-Dead-Blind-Eye-Scope.jpg

Are they Us citizens? Are they convicted violent felons? Yes/no = why the phuck is there even a debate here?

Not if beyond a certain percentage of vision loss. The argument is foolish and makes gun owners look like utter idiots. It's tragic when somebody has some serious disability and it restricts what they can and can't do to an extent. And no, I'm not saying disabled people can't do almost anything, politically correct police out there! They can do just about anything, yes!

And of course they should be able to defend themselves, but with pepper spray, or a shotgun at home, but not a pistol or rifle if they can't see their target and/or innocents nearby. What a stupid $%$#&%$ argument!

Yeah lets arm people with severe Alzheimer's and those with serious mental retardation also as long as they are not currently incarcerated. It's the Libertarian thing to do. [thinking]

In my opinion, if you are physically incapable of safely operating a firearm, you can't have one. If a blind guy has someone helping him at the range, fine I guess. Its kind of stupid to carry a gun though if you are not able to identify a target.

Last edited:
Yeah lets arm people with severe Alzheimer's and those with serious mental retardation also as long as they are not currently incarcerated. It's the Libertarian thing to do. [thinking]

In my opinion, if you are physically incapable of safely operating a firearm, you can't have one. If a blind guy has someone helping him at the range, fine I guess. Its kind of stupid to carry a gun though if you are not able to identify a target.

You obviously feel superior to those with physical challenges
Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ?Midnight Gunslinger? Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy | Video | TheBlaze.com

When was the last story of a blind person accidentally shooting someone?

You obviously feel superior to those with physical challenges
Meet the Blind Man Nicknamed ?Midnight Gunslinger? Who Has 80% Shot Accuracy | Video | TheBlaze.com

When was the last story of a blind person accidentally shooting someone?

There are exceptions to every rule. I don't think we should be making blanket policies because of those rare exceptions however. I have no problem with a blind guy owning a gun, but I would rather he shot it at your range than at mine. I know using common sense won't win much NES cred, but lets try to be rational. Contrary to faux Libertarian thinking, there are people who should not have unsupervised access to firearms. You will know them when you see them.

There are exceptions to every rule. I don't think we should be making blanket policies because of those rare exceptions however. I have no problem with a blind guy owning a gun, but I would rather he shot it at your range than at mine. I know using common sense won't win much NES cred, but lets try to be rational. Contrary to faux Libertarian thinking, there are people who should not have unsupervised access to firearms. You will know them when you see them.

so again, when have we had a blind person accidentally shoot someone? it is a non issue, I find people realize their limitations and will not apply for a permit if they can't see. Legally Blind doesn't have to mean complete loss of vision.

A blind person will use a gun differently than a sighted person. Dont worry about identifying the target I'm pretty sure they know when they are being mugged, raped or beaten.
I read once about a blind person who had a gun with a special magnetic type of lock. He wore a ring that served as a key of sorts. If he were to be disarmed the assailant would not be able to use his gun. He had a revolver but he thought of it more like a bang stick(my description). In other words, if you were attacking him you would basically be within an arms length.

ETA. Blind people own guns now. Last I checked there hadn't been any issues.

In God We Trust I'm getting pretty tired of your condescending bullshit. Blindfold me, attack me, and see what contact shooting feels like.

You seem mentally unstable you probably shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm.

A) No one is talking about arming them. The discussion is about affording them the freedom to make the decision for themselves and accept the responsibility if they choose to.

B) Since you don't feel the blind should be allowed to carry, are you in favor of confiscation of firearms from the blind in states where they are already allowed to carry?

My nephew was beaten, stabbed, and robbed, a few months ago. He is vision impaired (legally blind). He was out enjoying a walk on a fine summer day, with his dog when he was attacked. Luckily he survived! Would you deny him the right to defend himself with the same means that are afforded a sighted person??? Please think about this! You can not deny anyone the right of self protection! It is a NATURAL RIGHT!!!

My nephew was beaten, stabbed, and robbed, a few months ago. He is vision impaired (legally blind). He was out enjoying a walk on a fine summer day, with his dog when he was attacked. Luckily he survived! Would you deny him the right to defend himself with the same means that are afforded a sighted person??? Please think about this! You can not deny anyone the right of self protection! It is a NATURAL RIGHT!!!
I am very curious to read In God We Trust's answer to this. No hypotheticals, just a very specific, personal question.

What's next,hiring a deaf person to tune your piano?This thread is proof that some people here are real kidders or morons.Hard to tell sometimes.

What's next,hiring a deaf person to tune your piano?This thread is proof that some people here are real kidders or morons.Hard to tell sometimes.

Some people here are morons. Especially ones who use clumsy analogies to justify denying a law abiding citizen his natural right to self defense.

Back
Top Bottom