Article: NEWSWEEK: PROFESSORS MAY INFLATE GRADES TO AVOID OFFENDING STUDENTS IF CAMPU

One of the comments reads: "College level grade inflation has been problem for years, ever heard of Harvard; and, it ain't because of campus carry."

Now that's an A+ response in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If college kids start shooting it's much more likely that it's going to be because they just got their tuition bill - or because they just graduated, went out into the real world - and found all that "education" they just got was pretty much useless.

Which brings up the question: every rational economic system responds to incentives. If a few college professors got shot because of insane tuition bills and/or because of the crappy education they provided - and the tuitions went down and the quality of education improved because the rest of the professors were now in fear for their life - would that not in the grand scheme of things be a benefit to "society" ??

Seems like liberals are reading this all wrong - after all - they whine incessantly about "benefits to society". Education going strictly by the numbers has become more and more a drain and a burden on "society".

Seems to me something has to change to fix that problem

[mg] [devil]

The antis have this delusion that law abiding people who CCW are whipping out their guns and shooting to solve every issue that arises in their day-to-day life.

Problem is, there is ZERO evidence for this.

Also, do they think the LAW is going to stop the nutjob that WOULD react to a bad grade this way?

Stupid, incompetent Sheeple.

Typical libtard logic. Fear-mongering, no basis in reality: "the streets will run red with blood", "It's for the children", and "in order to protect the public" These liberal professors should be deported to sub-Sahara Africa or ISIS controlled Syria for a few years.

fark_92WGB7tTRfXs6v9MMhnwzHFP3OI.png

The antis have this delusion that law abiding people who CCW are whipping out their guns and shooting to solve every issue that arises in their day-to-day life.

Problem is, there is ZERO evidence for this.

Also, do they think the LAW is going to stop the nutjob that WOULD react to a bad grade this way?

Stupid, incompetent Sheeple.

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Nutjobs will be nutjobs no matter what laws you pass. When something bad happens, they'll wish they had a CCW carrier around.

Responsible people don't need laws, and irresponsible people won't follow them anyway. It's frivolous and does more harm than good.

That's the best a bunch of overpaid eggheads could come up with huh?
2 years till mine goes to collage.
No wonder I'm just about all grey now [banghead]

Everyone gets a participation trophy anyway, right? Even at Hahvahd

- - - Updated - - -

That's the best a bunch of overpaid eggheads could come up with huh?
2 years till mine goes to collage.
No wonder I'm just about all grey now [banghead]

Small private local colleges are the best. Stay away from the big name liberal colleges.....unless you like to be butt raped and have them turn your kid into a moonbat

Hey if back in the day packin' wodda glom me an A I wooda bin packin' jes' sayin' so much of college really is phony BS anyway who really gives a flying F in the end. I drank the college is good kool aid for too many years. Do what you have to do to get the paper and move on...seriously.

If you allow campus carry, a proffeser would at least have a way to defend them selfs from a student attacking, not without

People are paying a lot of money for what is quickly becoming summer camp for 18-21 year olds. Just keep watering down those degrees.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Inflating grades to avoid offending students? Dont they already do this? [laugh]

Depends on the student's race, sexuality, gender or other minority status.

When I was in college, the last time I saw my professors each semester was during final exams. Those normally wouldn't be graded for at least a week or two, and then after that they'd calculate your final grade...and then we'd have to order our transcripts to see what our grades were. By that time the professor is already on vacation.

People are paying a lot of money for what is quickly becoming summer camp for 18-21 year olds. Just keep watering down those degrees.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Short version- I graduated high school in '88. Never went to college. Around 2 years ago, I decided to pursue a bachelors degree at night at a college in Boston. The first thing that struck me were how many people there could barely read and handle simple math problems. Then came the open book exams. Then the courses where half the classes were online. Then the take-home mid-terms and take-home finals. I started to get the feeling that the whole thing was a big joke. Just push people through the program, collect the tuition, and hand them a "degree" that would get them laughed at in the real world.

^^^ thst guy nailed it.

Today, you pay for there things:
1. Parties
2. A piece of paper that most employers won't even check.
3. Connections.

Anything else you get out of college is a bonus.

^^^ thst guy nailed it.

Today, you pay for there things:
1. Parties
2. A piece of paper that most employers won't even check.
3. Connections.

I was going at night and working full time so,

-no parties

-no internships (connections)

- a piece of paper that I felt wasnt going to be worth much.

I still second guess myself about it, but I bailed. Figured I'd cut my losses. There were other reasons for not staying in school, but the whole thing just felt shady.

Half, sometimes more, is just being able to prove the fact that you got in.

Harvard Law or Business doesn't teach any ninjitsu secrets of those trades, and when you graduate and walk into the $150K to start job, it's not because you were able to graduate from Harvard. It's because you were selected to attend.

So if they are not legally able to carry on campus this would stop this from happening? Wait, the logic is that if it is not legal to carry on campus, people will not illegally shoot a professor but if it is legal to carry on campus people who carry would shoot their professors? I dont get the logic. Is there logic I am missing here?

Back
Top Bottom