Article: GOAL BoD election

Funny, no box next to the name to mark as instructed. Made my own:
goalballot.jpg

What exactly makes someone a voting member? I'm a silver donor but can i assume that does not count? My donations more than cover the annual membership fees.

Personally, I'd like to know more about the following people (e.g. their stand on what is going on, what they think is appropriate action, how they feel is best to communicate with members, etc.):

- Steve Moysey
- Joe Currie
- Mike Anthony
- Jay Beard
- Mike Donnelly

I KNOW that those not on the BOD don't know everything happening (and those on the BOD have been tied up and gagged), so I'm looking for conceptual answers not detailed. Yes, I've read the official bios in the link and find that it doesn't do it for me.

What exactly makes someone a voting member? I'm a silver donor but can i assume that does not count? My donations more than cover the annual membership fees.

I think you have to be a GOAL member for 3 years, then you get a ballot.

-Mike

Yes, I've read the official bios in the link and find that it doesn't do it for me.

A Q&A section for them would be nice.

I think you have to be a GOAL member for 3 years, then you get a ballot.

-Mike

You need to be a member for the 3 consecutive years prior to the election year to be eligible to vote.

Personally, I'd like to know more about the following people (e.g. their stand on what is going on, what they think is appropriate action, how they feel is best to communicate with members, etc.):

- Steve Moysey
- Joe Currie
- Mike Anthony
- Jay Beard
- Mike Donnelly

I KNOW that those not on the BOD don't know everything happening (and those on the BOD have been tied up and gagged), so I'm looking for conceptual answers not detailed. Yes, I've read the official bios in the link and find that it doesn't do it for me.

Len, Joe has stated his position many, many times in this and other threads. His screen name is Pallidin

Len,

I would strive to bring Goal out of the 70's, to reinstate Mike at his position, from which he was unjustly gaffed! Institute new email communication, improve upon the Friday updates, push for webpage publication of each of the paying clubs newsletters, hopefully decreasing their costs.
I'd look for complete financial seperation from TOM, and the Goal Foundation including the replication of officers.
I'd postpone the vote for officers until the second BOD meeting, giving all a chance to review the positions. As I'm sure you're aware, ANY Goal member can be appointed to an officer position. I think that's a good thing.
And most of all, I'd move to eliminate the Good ol boy network which is making a living off of Goal.

LenS and all,

I know Joe Currie (Palladin) personally and can speak to his honor and integrity. He's been a gun guy all his life, taught by his Dad, as he is teaching his children. He's as frustrated by the current GOAL nonsense as the rest of us and wants a chance to help fix it.

For those that know and trust me, please do vote for Joe. He will respect your vote and trust in him.

Best,

RichC

Funny, no box next to the name to mark as instructed. Made my own:
goalballot.jpg

See, they get rid of the techie guy and then they screw up their ASCII codes.

ETA: I'm not allowed to vote (member since Aug '10 ) or I surely would.

I joined in January 2009 on a 3 year membership and sent in my renewal in December 2011. Will I get a ballot?

Edit: Sounds like because I wasn't a member prior to Jan 2009 that I won't be able to vote. Ugh.

Last edited:
So how come my ballot that came in the mail yesterday has the candidates listed in a different order than the one posted here?
Mine has the following order:

Column 1___________Column 2
Wendy_____________Jim
Michael D__________ Dr. Steve
Joseph_____________Jay
Don________________Michael A

There will need to be some real careful counting if there are multiple versions of the ballot.

Last edited:

- Steve Moysey

I know Steve personally. He is an IDPA safety officer instructor and very active at Worcester Pistol and Rifle IDPA matches. I asked him his views on the GOAL mess when he asked me for my signature on his nomination papers. Steve told me that he thinks The Outdoor Message should be replaced with an online newsletter and that the board has completely screwed up its response to this controversy. He thinks GOAL needs to clean house and is not a Mike Yacino supporter.

I support Steve.

Last edited:
Joe/Rich, thanks for that info.

Now for the rest of them . . .

LenS,

As far as Anthony and Moysey, I have had in depth conversations with both of them and they are both personal friends. Moysey has posted his intentions here (Negotiator) and Anthony is not on NES. I am endorsing them as they are truly looking out for our best interest and share the same major ideals as Paladin WRT the future of GOAL and stances on TOM.

Back
Top Bottom