Article: DC Police Chief: ‘Best Option’ Is For Citizens To Take Out Paris-Style Attac

She and Washington, D.C. need all the help they can get. This year there's been a 30% increase in murder rate and 90+% in her police force have expressed no confidence in her. She admitted last summer that DC's gun control laws were not working. This interview will probably be misinterpreted as her saying her police cannot do the job and she will be gone.

From Emily Miller: "I'll have to wear tactical gear and get a rifle since Chief Lanier expects 45 of us to bring down active shooters before police arrive!"

She's one of the 45 permit holders in Washington DC, the only female permit holder, a reporter at Fox News 5 and author of "Emily gets her Gun", (really good writeup of how difficult it is to get a carry permit in DC).

Link to twitter account: https://twitter.com/emilymiller

From Emily Miller: "I'll have to wear tactical gear and get a rifle since Chief Lanier expects 45 of us to bring down active shooters before police arrive!"

She's one of the 45 permit holders in Washington DC, the only female permit holder, a reporter at Fox News 5 and author of "Emily gets her Gun", (really good writeup of how difficult it is to get a carry permit in DC).

Link to twitter account: https://twitter.com/emilymiller

She can polish my gun any time [smile]

Looks like a plea to increase the number of guns "on the streets" in DC? 1300+ firearms "recovered" in DC in 2014 http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...ered-guns-illegal-guns-dc-good-guys/75461922/ Maybe the DC Police could have a Gun Give Back to return arms to citizens.

I like that - Gun Give Back ... Gonna start saying it more often.

Kind of like Wealth Redistribution - but rather than gov't taking money from the producers and giving it to the slackers, gov't takes guns from true criminals and gives them back to citizens. Think it will catch on?

let us hope this advice goes viral and states that require licenses have a huge run on applicants....

The second part of her message should have been encouraging people to vote for pols who support 2A....

let us hope this advice goes viral and states that require licenses have a huge run on applicants....

The second part of her message should have been encouraging people to vote for pols who support 2A....
Yeah, is common sense becoming contagious?

First step is getting folks like her to admit individuals need to be responsible for their own defense. Once we have that admission it becomes easier to argue for the tools to do so. It's a small but important step in the right direction. Expect her 'owners' to crap all over her for it.

Does this mean she is going to start issuing more ccw licenses?
I doubt it.
You'll love this Facebook comment.

If a rational, trained gun owner has a clear shot and no one is in the line of fire, this could work. However, what happens when multiple armed citizens, with their own perception of threat, with different levels of training and mental health individually take action? Consider the biker gang shootout in Waco when gun owners took what they perceived as appropriate action. When people see themselves as police adjuncts, bad outcomes are likely.

If a rational, trained gun owner has a clear shot and no one is in the line of fire, this could work. However, what happens when multiple armed citizens, with their own perception of threat, with different levels of training and mental health individually take action? Consider the biker gang shootout in Waco when gun owners took what they perceived as appropriate action. When people see themselves as police adjuncts, bad outcomes are likely.

Admittedly I didn't closely follow that story, but wasn't the waco biker shootout thing mostly cops shooting?

Cute that they added "different levels of ... mental health" [thinking]

When the SHTF finally arrives - at least some people finally wake up.

This is why I've been looking forward to the apocalypse. The truly epic amount of stupidity that's been going around in recent years - and especially this year - is getting old.

Really old.

Looks like what we need to wake country up is a couple of good mall terrorist attacks over the Christmas holiday season.

The beatings will continue.......... until the attitude improves.

I heard on the radio that the French authorities are investigating the possibility that there were illegal drug traffickers in one of the places that the terrorists tried to shoot up that returned fire killing them. Not sure if that's true or not, but would certainly be an ironic twist if it is.

Back
Top Bottom