Article: BREAKING: Court Rules in Favor of Plaintiffs in 1st Amendment Lawsuit Challe

I read the article but I guess I'm a little thick. Can someone put this in layman's terms for me.

--Edit: I should preface the following with the standard "IANAL," which is to say, the below is MY laypersons' understanding:

California has a law that makes illegal the publishing of personal information of the protected (elected) class of citizens, while mere plebes may be published at will. This includes home addresses, names, phone numbers, etc...
If my rememberies are correct, there was JUST an instance of a California Sheriffs office providing all this information to the media for concealed carriers in his county, but court officers, judges, and other members of the Elite remain protected.

Two issues, last first because Derek is near and dear to our community:
Whether a State can force a citizen to censor his speech or otherwise limit free speech. This gets in to Article 10 territory and the sovereignty of individual states... Our own Derek was served a takedown notice by the state of California, in their effort to cease debate about their (illegal, immoral, and in violation of equal protection) "special people shall not be exposed in their tyranny" law.
Derek challenged the interstate enforcement of a California law, as applied to a [STRIKE=Massachusetts citizen]Massachusetts citizen[/STRIKE] citizen of neither California nor Massachusetts (that lucky bastard,) and won a stay of execution.

The bigger challenge was whether the law itself is constitutional, even if applied to residents of California, and it appears that the law itself is judged unconstitutional ​at least per the one judge who has ordered the stay pending a full court review.

I think that sums it up!

Last edited:
--Edit: I should preface the following with the standard "IANAL," which is to say, the below is MY laypersons' understanding:

California has a law that makes illegal the publishing of personal information of the protected (elected) class of citizens, while mere plebes may be published at will. This includes home addresses, names, phone numbers, etc...
If my rememberies are correct, there was JUST an instance of a California Sheriffs office providing all this information to the media for concealed carriers in his county, but court officers, judges, and other members of the Elite remain protected.

Two issues, last first because Derek is near and dear to our community:
Whether a State can force a citizen to censor his speech or otherwise limit free speech. This gets in to Article 10 territory and the sovereignty of individual states... Our own Derek was served a takedown notice by the state of California, in their effort to cease debate about their (illegal, immoral, and in violation of equal protection) "special people shall not be exposed in their tyranny" law.
Derek challenged the interstate enforcement of a California law, as applied to a Massachusetts citizen, and won.

The bigger challenge was whether the law itself is constitutional, even if applied to residents of California, and it appears that the law itself is judged unconstitutional.

I think that sums it up!

Um, Derek is a free man and not a subject of Commiechusetts! He escaped North a long time ago . . . more power to him.

. . . and Massachusetts has NO citizens . . . we are all merely "subjects" here!

Um, Derek is a free man and not a subject of Commiechusetts! He escaped North a long time ago . . . more power to him.

. . . and Massachusetts has NO citizens . . . we are all merely "subjects" here!

Thank god for that! This is twice in as many weeks that I've assumed somebody suffered as much as I: Is this some kind of schadenfreude? Massachusetts Affective Disorder?

Derek challenged the interstate enforcement of a California law, as applied to a Massachusetts citizen, and won.
Not quite accurate - he won a preliminary injunction barring enforcement until the case is tried and a decision rendered.

I shall celebrate by going home. Grilling something. Eating it. Shooting the crap out an inanimate object.
Telling it what I think of it. Drink until I pass out.
Yes, a normal night. But in honor of the victory! [thumbsup]

One for the good guys. If it wasn't obvious before these people are tyrants this kind of shit should cinch it for you.

Congrats Derek and thanks for standing up and kicking ass.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom