Art of Concealed Carry Question

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I have signed up for the class next week with Jon and Darius on "The art of concealed carry" at GOAL.

Are there any requirements to bring equipment, guns or ammo?

I think this is mostly classroom. Do I need to be prepared to shoot?

Thanks

Bill

Nope, and you will be asked to make safe anything you bring to allow safe classroom interactions.

Bring a pen, notebook, questions, and whatever you need to stay awake. (coffee, soda, etc.) For bonus points on the test, contact Jon and Darius and see what they might like too. (^_^)

No shooting.

Seriously, this is an info packed lecture series and practical demonstrations designed to teach you the nuances of carry in the Commonwealth. Taught by extremely talented people, even legal matters can be interesting.

HIGHLY recommended class.

Bill,

Jon and I welcome and encourage all students to bring whatever gear they carry for personal protection. We like to see what people are using and why.

Once class begins, we take all of your ammo from you, but permit you to keep your gun. This is for safety, as we do some role play exercises and wouldn't want any accidents.

As Chris said, this is not a shooting course. Instead, it's a seminar.

We look forward to seeing you in class very soon.

Darius Arbabi

Last edited:
Jon and I joke we are especially fond of Glock drop free large capacity mags.

Darius

+1 on all the positives regarding the course. BTW, I've learned that most all of my large-capacity NDF magazines do in fact drop free when and only when they're empty, just as Gaston intended for them.

Ken

No way, Mike - this isn't a "show me up" sort of class. This is a "you really need to know what you're going to learn in this class" sort of class. Seriously, if she's ever going to carry, she should take the class.

Boy - I sure didn't like what Darius had to say at the class. Not one bit.

I didn't like it, but I know he's absolutely right about when we are and are not legally justified in using deadly force. It was good to be reminded that, should you need to brandish/shoot, the police/DA need to know that you were in immediate peril of death or grave bodily harm.

And that you shouldn't make any statements to police until consulting with your lawyer and, some 24hr after action, when you can clearly recollect how the attacker's actions and words support your legal claim of self-defense.

Yup - you can't just pop a guy coming into your home with a crowbar. You need to recollect how he brandished his weapon menicingly and charged you shouting he would kill you. You need to keep those facts straight to justify self-defense.

Jon's segment was great too - I always learn a few things from being around him. And I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks to Darius and Jon for a good class.

Another great endorsement for the class. Darius and Jon did such a great job. I recommend that you step up to do the role playing. Participating and seeing how I reacted made the class even better for me.

+1000

I was a good night. Sure made me realize I should have pepper spray with me at all times. That one point is worththe cost of the class to me.

Nice being there with you guys and our one gal. I hope everyone got what they were looking for from the class.

Outstanding evening! Highly recommend that anyone considering owning or carrying firearms for self defense in Massachusetts take this class.

Back
Top Bottom