Armed America portraits of gun owners in their homes

Pretty neat - what I took away was noting that all of them were just plain enjoying and taking pride in something they have an interest, a passion, for...like anyone.

Agreed. That was my reaction. I didn't care for the comment " ... are not easily reconcilable with the notion of self-defense and their true place should be somewhere in the Armed Forces."

What is the old saying? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

To NES members these are your average, normal Americans taking pride in a freedom which our country was founded upon.

To the people for whom Jeff Cooper coined the phrase "hoplophobe" these are people to be fearful of, for no good reason other than they own weapons and "might harm us".

The comments are disgusting.

The people in the pictures remind me of myself and the people that I know. I'd rather live in their neighborhoods than with the wackobs that condemn them with their "Americans are nutjobs" comments.

I am surprisingly encouraged by this! I clicked through to Amazon, and there are a lot of great comments on the book there, especially on how antis are responding to it, when they take the time to look through it. Some of them realize that all these "gun nuts" are actually real people (who knew?), real families, very similar to themselves. They see Mom and Dad and Junior all sitting around comfortably amongst ARs, AKs, M1As, pistols and revolvers, and they don't even look retarded or demoniacal. ("How can this be?") I have a penchant for excessive optimism (along with an equally - usually at different times - powerful propensity for end-of-the-world pessism [wink]), but I'm seeing in this book a very positive step in the "ground war" against ignorant gun-grabbing tyrannical idealism. It seems to be one of those precious few stimuli to cracking open the unthinking mind. I'm getting one copy, and if it's half as good as I hope, I'll get more to distribute to any antis (or borderliners) who are interested.

[grin]

All I have to say is....that cat in the first picture is FUGLY.

Some pretty good photography though. And hopefully it'll make some people realize most of us are (for the most part) "regular" people.

Y'know, judging from the comments from the Europeans, I say that when (not if) the radical muslim faction finally takes over, we let 'em stew.

No flying in to save their pathetic @$$e$. No landing on the beaches. Just a big ol' "TS".

Great pictures...Nice to see full families with everyone holding a gun...They all kept proper trigger etiquette, too.

The guy in the 2nd picture has 11 guns laid out...7 of which are suppressed! [shocked]

I have to play devils advocate for a second and say that, while most of those pictures look like every day people, my neighbors if you will, the guy towards the end in the Green Shirt just plain freaks me out. I dunno, he's got junior unibomber written all over him. I know, I know, I am stereotyping him like an anti would even seeing my modest collection but I can't help it. It has nothing to do with the guns or ammo, its his eyes and the way he 's slumped that scares me. Hard to put it into words...

Great pictures...Nice to see full families with everyone holding a gun...They all kept proper trigger etiquette, too.

The guy in the 2nd picture has 11 guns laid out...7 of which are suppressed! [shocked]
I saw that... $1400 to the BATFmen. [rolleyes] Yes, I'm jealous.

I liked the pic of the collector with his walls lined. Now I know how Ray wants to decorate his house... [wink]

this comment just really hit a nerve..[angry]

Ramiro
Hey, all these americans are great! With some luck (for the rest of mandkind) the will shoot each other, and things will be better!!!

wish i could of replied (comments were closed down)

nice pics though..
jay g said:
Y'know, judging from the comments from the Europeans, I say that when (not if) the radical muslim faction finally takes over, we let 'em stew.

No flying in to save their pathetic @$$e$. No landing on the beaches. Just a big ol' "TS".
complete agreement..+1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom