Arlington has successful gun buyback!!!!

Best part of the story was that they gave them to MSP to “destroy“. I‘d trust a street gang to destroy them over the MSP.

My take away from these stories-
Get money from local churches to purchase the gift cards. Help local citizens and criminals alike by taking in their unwanted guns and potential evidence, thus preventing them from disposing of them hunter Biden style. Then the police department will take the dirty ones with no questions asked asked and save me the headache. Fluff & buff then resell on NES to a good family with a dog and 3 meals a day. Why are we all not doing this?

Serious question for anyone that knows: what’s the protocol for an FFL that takes in a firearm used in a crime?
Go read the other 100 threads about gun buy backs. This same questions is asked and discussed there.

Good luck with your local church.

Best part of the story was that they gave them to MSP to “destroy“. I‘d trust a street gang to destroy them over the MSP.
My town had an elderly woman a few years ago turn in a wwii grease gun her husband who recently passed had left in the attic. one of the officers told her that it was historically significant and worth a lot of money and she insisted it be turned in and destroyed because gunz bad.

It was brand-new still in the factory packaging.
abbg01-jpeg.535464
I hope to hell that's the Ultra Shot FS.

Nobody needs to catch a broken slide in the kisser.

ETA: Note the Swamp People branding on the packaging.

Go read the other 100 threads about gun buy backs. This same questions is asked and discussed there.

Good luck with your local church.
Not interested enough to research, just a fleeting thought.
If I actually asked my local churches for gun grabbing $ I would probably be excommunicated. We like god & guns still.

The mean streets of Arlmont will be much much safer. If they could only find a way to get all those muskets off the walls it would be mission accomplished!

The "mean streets of Arlington" 😆 rolled up the sidewalks at 6:00pm when I used to frequent the area. The only thing open after 6 in Arlington center was a Brighams Ice Cream and one pizza joint......the rest of the city was a complete ghost town.

The "mean streets of Arlington" 😆 rolled up the sidewalks at 6:00pm when I used to frequent the area. The only thing open after 6 in Arlington center was a Brighams Ice Cream and one pizza joint......the rest of the city was a complete ghost town.
Don't forget the Town House/Garron's -- they even served booze!

Hey, the area around Gardner and Union Street is no laughing matter. Those projects bring the whole area down. I have quite a few stories I could tell, including the Christmas tree incident. Maybe when I'm at the keyboard and not on my phone...

Don't forget the Town House/Garron's -- they even served booze!

If they served booze, then the place was a "speak easy" because when I frequented Arlington, ( early 70's ) it was a dry town. The first business on the main drag into Cambridge was a liquor store, none were within the city limits. If we wanted booze, we had to go to Cambridge, Mass Ave area or Fresh Pond area or Watertown.....Belmont was dry also.
Hey, the area around Gardner and Union Street is no laughing matter. Those projects bring the whole area down. I have quite a few stories I could tell, including the Christmas tree incident. Maybe when I'm at the keyboard and not on my phone...

There were no "projects" in Arlington in the early 70's that I remember, it was a fairly wealthy ( nimby ) bedroom community of single and two family homes.

If they served booze, then the place was a "speak easy" because when I frequented Arlington, ( early 70's ) it was a dry town. The first business on the main drag into Cambridge was a liquor store, none were within the city limits. If we wanted booze, we had to go to Cambridge, Mass Ave area or Fresh Pond area or Watertown.....Belmont was dry also.

There were no "projects" in Arlington in the early 70's that I remember, it was a fairly wealthy ( nimby ) bedroom community of single and two family homes.

The 70s I don't know about, but those Gardner St projects were there in the 90s.

There are a number of them in Arlington. Nothing the size and scope of what you have in Cambridge at Alewife, or in Somerville by 93, but they were 60's vintage.

Many in Arlington push for more "affordable" housing in town, and want the residents to fund it. So far it has only been virtue signaling however the Zoning Board of Appeals is allowing ridiculous new zoning exceptions and the Town is trying to change the bylaws as well, in order to allow multi-unit residential buildings on single family zoned lots. They are also allowing 'mixed use' development in commercial zones which then produce buildings that might be 90% residential/10% commercial by square footage. Travesty.

Travesty is spending 300Mil on a new high school that is only designed for a max capacity of 1700 students,

Where's Arlington 🤔

Something to do with a turd named marrrrty?

Last edited:

Garron's started serving booze in 1979, IIRC. That was before I moved to Mass.

Back
Top Bottom