• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you a GOAL member? Poll + free giveaway!

Are you a GOAL Member

• Total voters
For those who don't know what GOAL is, www.goal.org.

Especially with the current climate in MA, as well as the current status of some bills in the house(Deval's bill as well as GOAL's bill), I'm curious how many members of this board support Goal?

At a meeting on Thursday of last week, Jim Wallace told members of a club I belong to that GOAL has roughly 12k members. After hearing his speech, I firmly believe that every gun owner in the state should be supporting them.

How many of us are members? I have no idea how many active members of NES there are, but I'm sure there are less GOAL members who belong to NES then members of NES.

Along with this post, I'm also offering a giveaway. If you vote in my poll(which is public, which means we'll see your name(you'll see why), and vote no, you will be entered into a drawing for (2) goal memberships that I am giving away at the end of June. Yes for free!

If you are already a GOAL member, you are NOT eligible for the giveaway!

All you have to do is vote in the poll!

Center442 has donated a 3rd goal membership! Yay center442!

Last edited:
Yep, have been for years. I also keep my Dad's membership current for him as well. Otherwise he'd just forget to send in his dues. Just like he did for his club membership. [rolleyes]

I joined about a month after I got my LTC.

I really think GOAL should ask all the FFLs in MA to hand out an application whenever someone buys a gun.

According to GOAL, I've been a member since 1978. [I got my FID and LTC in 1976.]

Both my Wife and I are Sustaining Members of GOAL.

A very generous offer. Thanks, but I'll opt out of the giveaway.

I've been a member since before I got my LTC. I recently renewed my membership to a family membership. If GOAL would keep their political endorsements to true gun owner related issues I'd start a life membership payment plan.

I haven't yet got my LTC yet, however I just found out about GOAL a short time ago. It seems like something I would very well join once I get organized and a license.

I really think GOAL should ask all the FFLs in MA to hand out an application whenever someone buys a gun.

This is the part I never got. There is not enough of this type of promotion occurring. I don't know if it's the retailers who refuse to do it or what, but it seems shortsighted for retailers to not do this for free. Their futures depend on a customer base.

This is the part I never got. There is not enough of this type of promotion occurring. I don't know if it's the retailers who refuse to do it or what, but it seems shortsighted for retailers to not do this for free. Their futures depend on a customer base.

It's not like it even costs anything. Most of the guns I've bought new had something in them urging me to join the NRA. Obviously GOAL isn't going to get their pamphlets inserted in new gun cases but this would be close.

Every time I've contacted a legislator about any issue at all (gun related or otherwise), I've received just a generic form letter response, if anything at all. Based on my experience, GOAL is critical to having our concerns actually heard and considered in Massachusetts.

I just sent Carl @ FS an email asking if he'd be willing to pass out GOAL applications. If he is, I'll call GOAL and/or print off a bunch on my dime and drop them off at Four Seasons.

If anyone else has ideas about getting people signed up, please share them. Gun shops seem like the best distribution points though.

Been a member for years - and even won a Karma recently to extend my membership. Lord1234, don't count me in the giveaway - let it go to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom