• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are you a GOAL member? Poll + free giveaway!

Are you a GOAL Member

• Total voters
I am a member thanks to a karma earlier this year (thanks again, Lord1234).
My dad won a membership in the raffle at TVI shoot (I was going to get him a GOAL memberhsip for Fathers Day anyway).
I was at Pete's in Hudson NH on Saturday when a woman from Chelmsford came in to ask about buying a gun. The woman behind the counter gave a long diatribe on MA saying it'll take 3 or 4 months before she could get her license.
I stopped the woman who asked the question on her way out to tell her about Women on Target and explained how there's a class next Sunday at Westford, but she said she was working. I told her the most important thing is to go to GOAL.org and check out their website, it will answer all of her questions.

Been meaning to join GOAL, but only think of it while I'm at work and looking around on NES. The sad thing is IT blocks the GOAL website.

I've had my license for a few months now..its time to join..please put me in the raffle..if I don't win I'll sign up..great way to use $30..Well worth it!

Not a member- I'm new to firearms & shooting in general so now I have to go google GOAL- [grin]

*edit* O.k. wait I looked it up- I'm not even in MA- don't know that it would do anyone any good for me to join-

Last edited:
I just sent Carl @ FS an email asking if he'd be willing to pass out GOAL applications. If he is, I'll call GOAL and/or print off a bunch on my dime and drop them off at Four Seasons.

If anyone else has ideas about getting people signed up, please share them. Gun shops seem like the best distribution points though.

Let me/us know how that goes. I will do the same up here at a shop.

I've been secretly handing out applications for quite a while now. I scoffed some from Kim at BCC and will need more. Am curious if any of them have borne fruit....

Good job Mark. How receptive were the people you gave it to?

Good job Mark. How receptive were the people you gave it to?

Some very - others took them passively when I handed them MassGunLawReform flyers. My resounding message has been: "this is not about black rifles - they're after more than that"....It seems to be working, though I have no way of knowing how many are being filled out and mailed. I would guess I've given out close to 50....

Been meaning to join GOAL, but only think of it while I'm at work and looking around on NES. The sad thing is IT blocks the GOAL website.

Unless you're cellphone is also blocked from work [wink] try calling and signing up . . . 508-393-5333. They can take care of it over the phone.

155 views, 57 votes. Me thinks some people are avoiding voting:(

And some are returning multiple times to read the comments, after we voted. [smile]

I've been secretly handing out applications for quite a while now. I scoffed some from Kim at BCC and will need more. Am curious if any of them have borne fruit....

Some very - others took them passively when I handed them MassGunLawReform flyers. My resounding message has been: "this is not about black rifles - they're after more than that"....It seems to be working, though I have no way of knowing how many are being filled out and mailed. I would guess I've given out close to 50....

That's good. It's best if you can convince them to fill it out NOW and you'll mail it for them. I used to do that at a prior gun club. It assured me that it wouldn't be forgotten once they got home.

Personal experience as a "consumer" . . . I used to pick up Boston Computer Society applications at various computer events with every intention of joining . . . much of the paper I picked up at those events was just stacked up and never looked at again until I was doing a "purge" and throwing stuff out. I know that I also had a gap in my GOAL membership and had a lower number originally, but it also got "put aside" and forgotten at some time back in the 1970s.

So with the best of intentions, people tend to forget and thus getting them to deal with it "right then and there" is always best. I've probably given out 1000 or so GOAL apps over the years at gun shows, gun clubs, etc. and I'll bet no more than 10-20 were ever sent in. Meanwhile at an average day working the gun show, I'll usually sign up ~10-15 people where they hand it back to me with money/cc info filled out on the form.

Another idea for instructors: At the end of your classes, you should talk about GOAL and hand each of them an application. Offer to pay the postage to get them back from them right then and there.

That's good. It's best if you can convince them to fill it out NOW and you'll mail it for them. I used to do that at a prior gun club. It assured me that it wouldn't be forgotten once they got home.

Personal experience as a "consumer" . . . I used to pick up Boston Computer Society applications at various computer events with every intention of joining . . . much of the paper I picked up at those events was just stacked up and never looked at again until I was doing a "purge" and throwing stuff out. I know that I also had a gap in my GOAL membership and had a lower number originally, but it also got "put aside" and forgotten at some time back in the 1970s.

So with the best of intentions, people tend to forget and thus getting them to deal with it "right then and there" is always best. I've probably given out 1000 or so GOAL apps over the years at gun shows, gun clubs, etc. and I'll bet no more than 10-20 were ever sent in. Meanwhile at an average day working the gun show, I'll usually sign up ~10-15 people where they hand it back to me with money/cc info filled out on the form.

Another idea for instructors: At the end of your classes, you should talk about GOAL and hand each of them an application. Offer to pay the postage to get them back from them right then and there.

Good advice, but I'm not handing them out at the gun club....I may be able to figure out a plan, but I have to fly a bit under the radar...

Not a member- I'm new to firearms & shooting in general so now I have to go google GOAL- [grin]

*edit* O.k. wait I looked it up- I'm not even in MA- don't know that it would do anyone any good for me to join-

I joined GOAL after I heard about it on NES. I'm a RI resident, but I figure any bad ideas from Mass eventually trickle to their New England neighbors to the south (what's that saying about something flowing downhill? [wink]), so the more that can be done to rehab Mass gun laws, the better off all New Englanders will be.

You're in Connecticut, so that includes you! [grin]

This is why, for those of you who vote yes, or no, who are not also green, you should go green! Center442 sent me a pm saying that he would donate a 3rd GOAL membership for me to raffle off.

Join GOAL. Go green. Both are important IMHO.

Just joined Goal a few months ago, currently stationed in Maine and have no intentions of returning to Mass when I get off AD later this year. Will definitely keep my Goal membership though!

Back
Top Bottom