• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR15 Question: Carbine length FIXED stock - Any modification needed to comply w AWB?

admcd

NES Member
Please forgive me if this question has been posted before. I did search with NES' tool and couldn't find anything. If it HAS been posted before, I accept your mockery and will cut off a pinkie to show contrition. I promise, should the question already have been asked and answered, the self-disfiguration thread will be epic. Lots of pictures. If this is in the wrong section, I'll give myself a severe paper cut and post pictures. I may even ply the wound with salt and lemon.

I'm just about finished with my first AR build (Yay!). I'm working on completing my lower and am planning to take it to a 'smith to have the Massification done before I completely assemble everything. What I'm NOT sure of is the following: I purchased a Magpul MOE Carbine length fixed stock and a milspec buffer assembly of appropriate length and weight. The extension tube is a typical carbine length tube that would accept/allow for a telescoping stock. Since I'm not using one, do I still need to get the stock pinned to the buffer tube? Or am I good to go? I think I am - There's nothing to telescope - But I figured I'd check with the more knowledgeable here before moving further.

Thanks in advance (And I hope I won't have to cut off one of my pinkies. I've become attached to them).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom