AR pistol vs. AR SBR

I still want to know how much the atf approval cost sig and who got a payday over it

Doesn't cost anything to submit to the atf . The only problem with it is if your trying to get a semi-auto conversion of a mg approved most Likely the gun will be destroyed . A guy submitted a gory belt fed and they took a air hammer to the denial bars .

This. Only the ATF would call something a suppressor that makes a gun louder. JFC.

Lol . It's more how easy you could make it a suppressor , and they did say they where going to offer a kit todo that.

Ares? Has a break that looks like a mono core / k stack. They had to have nubs and a few other things to get it to pass as a "break". I think ATF reasoning is allmost no work would need to make it into a core.

I'm going the SBR route via a trust. Never really understood the appeal of a pistol AR.....

Unregistered SBR w/o a $200 tax stamp. Especially now in the days of the Sig brace.

This. Mine shoots just like a rifle. I am however going to Form 1 a lower because I already have NFA items, so what's one more?

I'm going the SBR route via a trust. Never really understood the appeal of a pistol AR.....
AR-15 pistol? I agree. Now this, I can see the appeal of:
s4patx.jpg

This. Mine shoots just like a rifle. I am however going to Form 1 a lower because I already have NFA items, so what's one more?

Until I can afford to get in to MGs, the only NFA items I'll have are cans. AAC has had a good deal going for a while now. You buy a can and they give you $200 in store credit to offset the cost of the stamp you'll have to pay for. You can get one of their .22lr cans for ~$260. Get 200 in credit, and buy another for $60, or a higher cal for about half price. Plus you'll get another $200 in credit on that purchase too.

Until I can afford to get in to MGs, the only NFA items I'll have are cans. AAC has had a good deal going for a while now. You buy a can and they give you $200 in store credit to offset the cost of the stamp you'll have to pay for. You can get one of their .22lr cans for ~$260. Get 200 in credit, and buy another for $60, or a higher cal for about half price. Plus you'll get another $200 in credit on that purchase too.

Oh I know, I have my eye on a few internet deals, hoping they are still available after pay day. [wink]

I am not worried about it yet.

I'm not worried about it at all. It doesn't conflict with their other letter. It also specifically says that the classification "only pertains to this type of firearm" meaning shotgun. It doesn't really surprise me considering it has to do with a weapon that is traditionally shouldered vs. a decision having to do with a pistol.

Also see paragraph 2.

sigbraceusage-640x640.jpg

So if you remove the forward pistol grip then it IS a shotgun pistol. Then your back to their original decision/letter.

I guess I can see the benefit of a Pistol AR (being unregistered) but in MA, all my firearms are registered anyways....... I read somewhere Pistol AR's in Ma aren't even allowed so SBR is my only option.

Having one as strictly a pistol seems dumb, but these days the majority of people looking to get into an AR pistol plan to use the brace in order to effectively have an SBR (minus a little stock rigidity) without paying a BS $200 and waiting 18 months. For me it's the 18 month wait... I have no interest in waiting that long if I can have a 95% SBR now and for less money.

Having one as strictly a pistol seems dumb, but these days the majority of people looking to get into an AR pistol plan to use the brace in order to effectively have an SBR (minus a little stock rigidity) without paying a BS $200 and waiting 18 months. For me it's the 18 month wait... I have no interest in waiting that long if I can have a 95% SBR now and for less money.

If all you're concenrd about is the wait, make a trust and efile. My last two form 1's came back after 5 and 6 weeks.

I guess I can see the benefit of a Pistol AR (being unregistered) but in MA, all my firearms are registered anyways....... I read somewhere Pistol AR's in Ma aren't even allowed so SBR is my only option.

MA may be the one exception. I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier. But do the MA AWB crap and the limitations on an AR pistol in MA, IE no handguard, 50 oz weight limit, etc... The only way you could have "the real deal" STS would be the SBR route. Otherwise you would just have a really really ugly pistol. With an expensive sig brace on the end adding weight. Unless you gay it up by welding in a mag or something else to take it out of AWB territory.

Back
Top Bottom