AR pistol vs. AR SBR

Pistol or revolver, as used herein, means any firearm with barrel less than 16 inches

DarthRevan said:
Ooo, legally shortened chiapa triple threat as a pistol? I like.
awhat?
A Chiappa. It's a shotgun...

The question is, when deciding whether to arrest you, will the officer agree that "under 16 inches is a handgun" factor of RSA 159 overrides "no loaded rifle/shotgun in or on a motor vehicle" in RSA 207:7, particularly as applied to a shotgun?

A Chiappa. It's a shotgun...

The question is, when deciding whether to arrest you, will the officer agree that "under 16 inches is a handgun" factor of RSA 159 overrides "no loaded rifle/shotgun in or on a motor vehicle" in RSA 207:7, particularly as applied to a shotgun?

Chapter 207 fails to define what constitutes a rifle. Rifle is not listed in the definitions.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xviii/207/207-mrg.htm

Is anyone aware of a court case defining it?

If someone has an SBR for sale, what would I need to do if I intended to buy it?
Would I need to repay the tax, or just pay them for the rifle? I didn't see anything specific on a quick glance on the ATF page that really gave me a clear answer.

Transfer of an SBR requires filing a Form 4 and paying the $200 tax. The transfer can't be completed until the approved form comes back.

Transfer of an SBR requires filing a Form 4 and paying the $200 tax. The transfer can't be completed until the approved form comes back.

And that's if the seller and buyer are in the same state. If youee in different states, it must be transferred to a dealer in your state in a form 3, then they can transfer to you on a form 4.

And that's if the seller and buyer are in the same state. If youee in different states, it must be transferred to a dealer in your state in a form 3, then they can transfer to you on a form 4.

Good catch, forgot to mention that part.

My bad....I didn't know the Sig brace wasn't legal in MA. I haven't kept up with MA law since I left 5 years ago...my apologies to the op

The sig brace isn't illegal pe se, but AR pistols are difficult to make legal under the MA AWB since a weight over 50 oz counts as a "feature". Getting the weight under 50 oz is difficult even with lightweight components, and the brace probably adds a good chunk of weight as well.

The sig brace isn't illegal pe se, but AR pistols are difficult to make legal under the MA AWB since a weight over 50 oz counts as a "feature". Getting the weight under 50 oz is difficult even with lightweight components, and the brace probably adds a good chunk of weight as well.

I never really understood the whole "must weigh under 50 oz." deal. What kind of stupid moonbat logic is that? If anything, I'd think that they would want it to weigh a MINIMUM of that just so you are less likely to actually carry it as a pistol. The person responsible must have trained with Feinstein on gun terminology and uses![laugh]

I never really understood the whole "must weigh under 50 oz." deal. What kind of stupid moonbat logic is that? If anything, I'd think that they would want it to weigh a MINIMUM of that just so you are less likely to actually carry it as a pistol. The person responsible must have trained with Feinstein on gun terminology and uses![laugh]

You just said it....stupid moonbat logic

Can I build a SBR on a preban to take advantage of the "evil ma banned" features?

yes. a title II firearm does not meet the MA definition of rifle/assault rifle/baby slayer/whatever.

there is no case law going either way on this so YMMV. me personally? i was gonna build the rifle as i wanted it even if i ended up still in MA when the form came back.

yes. a title II firearm does not meet the MA definition of rifle/assault rifle/baby slayer/whatever.

there is no case law going either way on this so YMMV. me personally? i was gonna build the rifle as i wanted it even if i ended up still in MA when the form came back.

My thoughts as well. If I'm spending the time, money, and getting vetted by the feds to own an evil, baby killing, instrument of destruction, then I'm not wasting more money on a preban lower. I will just build it how I want it.

Just remember, in mass a 'fixed' magazine eliminates all awb problems.... of course the state never defined what 'fixed' is so it depends on how much legal issues you are willing to chance

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

If only an AK pistol with California bullet button was legal here.. I'd own one

TECHNICALLY it is.... after all the magazine can't be removed without a tool of some sort... though it can be removed eventually, even though pretty much ANY magazine can be removed with tools....

Like I said, it's all about how close to the line your willing to stand

Don't see a point to ar pistols. Hey, you want one, get one. I'd rather have the sbr myself. Another one, a shotgun with a pistol grip. All that's good for is hours of viewing pleasure of unsuspecting morons trying to shoot one on utube. Not against either, just not for me.

Don't see a point to ar pistols. Hey, you want one, get one. I'd rather have the sbr myself. Another one, a shotgun with a pistol grip. All that's good for is hours of viewing pleasure of unsuspecting morons trying to shoot one on utube. Not against either, just not for me.
There isnt much difference between my ar pistol with the sig brace and an sbr except for the tax stamp. 200$ and not having to deal with the atf.

There isnt much difference between my ar pistol with the sig brace and an sbr except for the tax stamp. 200$ and not having to deal with the atf.

Exactly... Not sending the .gov $200 and waiting for permission, plus having them know what you have are more than enough reasons for me. Of course, those stuck in a nanny state (like MA) can't have an AR pistol. Unless they go to extreme measures to get one under the 50oz weight limit.

If you don't want to fire it like a sbr your still stuck with the stupid buffer.

Unless you do some thing like this.
3802299825cf71870fd40482b526c876.jpg

d773f61bf0f964da398827c2ad9fbd8a.jpg

If you don't want to fire it like a sbr your still stuck with the stupid buffer.

LOL WUT

Why would you "not want to fire it like an SBR"? The ATF has answered this before. It matters not one iota if you shoulder the Sig brace or wrap it around your arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remember, in mass a 'fixed' magazine eliminates all awb problems.... of course the state never defined what 'fixed' is so it depends on how much legal issues you are willing to chance

An AR15 with a fixed magazine is the diarrhea of the gun world.

Back
Top Bottom