AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

pinkar_zps9e9c5222.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Jlb_Qvo1w

My take on the Honey Badger

2qwpw6s.jpg

7.5" 300BLK with a 762SDN6 inside the Seekins MCSR. Stock is an MVB Industries ARC and is 4" shorter than a collapsed carbine stock. When extended, it is the same length as a collapsed carbine stock. I like their version of the PDW stock since it works with any carrier and does not require a proprietary one.

2rxbcox.jpg

.308 AR that weighs 7.1oz more than my 18" 5.56 SPR (when loaded and accessorized). This just may replace my SPR as my go-to, do-all rifle. While the SPR sports a 1-8.5 and doesn't have a weaponlight, rifle to rifle, the .308 is only 11oz heavier than the SPR (unloaded weights) which is a pretty minimal weight penalty considering how much more powerful the .308 round is. 155gr AMAX with a muzzle velocity of 2600fps will hit at 400 yards with more energy than 75gr 5.56 would at the muzzle. Not to mention it would deflect wind a little better.

Last edited:
Breaking into the LR308 world....

-AP M5 matched upper and lower receiver set
-DPMS 20" 1:10 light contour barrel
-KAK 308 BCG
-UTG pro 13" handguard

Pre-ban Colt lower, 11.5" Remsport barrel, 51/2" flash hider, chrome bolt and carrier, Magpul adjustable stock, YHM free float hand guard, Endine hydro buffer, fiber optic front sight.
AR1.jpg

My first AR. Since I'm all thumbs, it was just a complete upper and complete lower that I managed to assemble into one piece without hurting myself.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BCM.jpg
    BCM.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 597
Nice, twins!

Looks like you have the stock fixed one notch in like mine? I just don't understand the ban on telescoping stock - like if you really wanted to stuff an AR under an overcoat, you'd just separate the upper and lower, that takes what, 2 seconds to assemble? Collapsing the stock only gains you like 1.5". So retarded.

Nice, twins!

Looks like you have the stock fixed one notch in like mine? I just don't understand the ban on telescoping stock - like if you really wanted to stuff an AR under an overcoat, you'd just separate the upper and lower, that takes what, 2 seconds to assemble? Collapsing the stock only gains you like 1.5". So retarded.

yea 1 click in from fully extended...i poked around a little and everyone seemed to say that the charging handle should touch your nose...i read somewhere else to hold the pistol grip and bend your arm 90 degrees and extend the stock until it touches your bicep and this is the correct length...this is my work-around for the stock...
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...od-0-Stock-Non-Destructive-Reversible-Pinning

yea 1 click in from fully extended...i poked around a little and everyone seemed to say that the charging handle should touch your nose...i read somewhere else to hold the pistol grip and bend your arm 90 degrees and extend the stock until it touches your bicep and this is the correct length...this is my work-around for the stock...
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...od-0-Stock-Non-Destructive-Reversible-Pinning

i thought the rule was 1-2" from the charging handle. Why would you want your nose touching it? I tried 2 notches in but it just felt weird, even with a squared up stance.

I haven't had it pinned yet.

i thought the rule was 1-2" from the charging handle. Why would you want your nose touching it? I tried 2 notches in but it just felt weird, even with a squared up stance.

I haven't had it pinned yet.

Marksmanship requires consistency. Nose to charging handle is the easiest way to get a consistent cheek weld, and sight picture

Love the moe sl stuff. How you guys liking the furniture??

not a huge fan, actually.

the SL doesn't have cuts in the top for old model eotechs so i had to remove the rear sight on my SBR. they also are pushing you to move on to M-LOK accessories and while you can force old gen accessories on as i did with a sling mount and a light mount--it's not technically the "right" way to have them attached.

Back
Top Bottom