AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Please explain though. What does the "form 1" allow you to do?

Have a barrel under 16" long. A "Form 1" is an application to make and register an NFA firearm. In a free state, a Form 1 can be used to make a Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR), Short-Barreled Shotgun (SBS), or Silencer. In MA, "sawed-off" shotguns and silencers are banned, so you can only make an SBR on a Form 1. You have to mail in the completed Form 1 along with a $200 tax payment, and wait for the approved application to come back before you can make your SBR, hence MassBan getting his Form 1 back and being able to make his new SBR.

10487376_10203121331332009_4326495418855115596_n_zps67ead9af.jpg~original

whipped up myself some freedom for lunch yesterday. super-sized.

bonus: lower is a NES lower from the last buy.

it's heavy as hell. the general consensus among friends is that i'm kidding myself even with that millett DMS on there. first an eotech (lawl), then this (still kinda lawl). i need to put more serious glass on it. it's the kind of rifle you're gonna stay put using.

Suppressor posession in MA is prohibeted (unfortunately and stupidly) but I think you can own a short barrel shotgun if on a form 1 and it is supplied that way from the manufacturer. It is illegal for a citizen to shorten the barrel of an existing shotgun to less than 18".

Have a barrel under 16" long. A "Form 1" is an application to make and register an NFA firearm. In a free state, a Form 1 can be used to make a Short-Barreled Rifle (SBR), Short-Barreled Shotgun (SBS), or Silencer. In MA, "sawed-off" shotguns and silencers are banned, so you can only make an SBR on a Form 1. You have to mail in the completed Form 1 along with a $200 tax payment, and wait for the approved application to come back before you can make your SBR, hence MassBan getting his Form 1 back and being able to make his new SBR.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

Suppressor posession in MA is prohibeted (unfortunately and stupidly) but I think you can own a short barrel shotgun if on a form 1 and it is supplied that way from the manufacturer. It is illegal for a citizen to shorten the barrel of an existing shotgun to less than 18".

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.
That would be a form 4 transfer from the dealer, not a form 1.

ars_zps5e9364ac.jpg

ETA: couple people asked for specs

Left
- Mega lower w/ WOA LPK , V7 ambi short throw safety, Geissele G2S trigger, B5 Bravo stock
- BCM 11.5 upper w. Geissele MK2 rail, flaming piglet(KX5), MBUS pros
- Aimpoint micro in a Larue mount
- VCAS sling
- Still deciding on a light for this setup - might do the Inforce on a thorntail mount

Right
- BCM complete lower w/ CMC trigger, BAD ASS ambi safety, B5 sopmod stock
- BCM 14.5 upper w/ Centurion CMR rail, Griffin flash comp
Primary Arms gen 2 1-6x scope in ADM Recon mount

Last edited:

Ty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20140828_171415.jpg

Neither is new, just made some updates since the last photo. Left one is more or less 'done', maybe just replace the cheapo mounts with something nicer. Right one really needs an improved trigger (currently milspec), and considering a longer barrel for it.

I decided to change it up from the normal builds I usually do. I've had this Hell Breaker lower kicking around for a while. Today, I threw some quality parts in it & decided to throw some wood on it. Love it or hate it, here it is. I love it.
58ba8aad302ae55a11cf37e09135f5e4.jpg

I decided to change it up from the normal builds I usually do. I've had this Hell Breaker lower kicking around for a while. Today, I threw some quality parts in it & decided to throw some wood on it. Love it or hate it, here it is. I love it.

I think if you made the upper/lower some sort of brown I would love it.

That's just too purty to abuse. It would end up being a display piece most of the time, or get some careful range time. No way would I want that to be my SHTF/battle rifle.

I wonder how it would look with the upper and lower in a brown. Maybe a darker shade, that's also in the wood. There's several colors available in Cerakote. [smile]

That's just too purty to abuse. It would end up being a display piece most of the time, or get some careful range time. No way would I want that to be my SHTF/battle rifle.

I wonder how it would look with the upper and lower in a brown. Maybe a darker shade, that's also in the wood. There's several colors available in Cerakote. [smile]
Yeah it's definitely not my "go to" battle rifle. I've got lots of other options for that. [wink] It's definitely going to see a lot of range time though. Should be a pretty accurate rifle. I'll write up a build list.
I debated Cerakoting it. But I like it the way it is. [smile]

I guess you can call it the Ar15 Weatherby rifles would have made. A work of art, I like it. Some guns are just for shooting & showing, others for SHTF.

Wow! I like it.
RGuueBM.gif

Is that real wood or plastic? I have been debating about buying a wooden tri-angle hand guard set from Iron Wood Designs.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Wow! I like it.
RGuueBM.gif

Is that real wood or plastic? I have been debating about buying a wooden tri-angle hand guard set from Iron Wood Designs.

- - - Updated - - -
Thanks. It's real, extra high grade American walnut. It's made by Lucid. They do some cheaper laminate's too. Here's their site. http://www.woodforar15.com/product/stock-sets-2/.
I actually ordered through Brownell's.

Back
Top Bottom