• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Honestly this color is amazing. ...and I have no idea why I'm telling you all this because when I chose this color I wanted something unique which I wasn't going to find another person on the range with. But it gets a lot more attention than I could have expected and when people ask I foolishly tell them the color and point them in the direction of Business End Customs.

Like I stated above I just had my M&P slide coated to match with plans of getting my Benelli coated. When I told Lou about this color, showed him the color pic, and told him my intensions I could see the look of confusion and doubt on his face. He asked me a couple times, "Are you Sure?" Then he plugged it into google to see if there were better pics of it. I think once he had the finished product it finally changed his mind about it.

Heh, well I don't want to be too much of a copy cat, but at least it wouldn't be on an AR. Where did you find the color? Do they have a web site with the whole palette?

I'm not a huge fan of the typical FDE like on a SCAR, but that color/finish has a really nice depth and goes will with the black furniture.

IMG_0641-1.jpg

Left:

Winchester 94 - 30-30

Center:

WOA 20" Varmint Upper 1/7 twist
AWS Lower
Daniel Defense LPK
Magpul PRS Stock
DPMS Panther Grip
Harris Bipod
Cheap Hammers 3-9x scope

Right:

Stag Model 3 16" 1/9 twist
KAC RAS
G27 Grip
Pro Mag BUIS

Are those all true "south paws" or is the photo reversed?

Cool either way.

Heh, well I don't want to be too much of a copy cat, but at least it wouldn't be on an AR. Where did you find the color? Do they have a web site with the whole palette?

I'm not a huge fan of the typical FDE like on a SCAR, but that color/finish has a really nice depth and goes will with the black furniture.

I found the color on the Cerakote website: http://ebmhost13.estylez.net/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;PRODUCTS_NO_TREE?cat=FC?company=NIC
After reviewing the site I had about 6 colors I really liked and I sent an e-mail to them asking if any of them was close to actual FDE SOCOM Anodizing. They replied back narrowing it down to 3 colors. Weird thing is they explained the Burnt Bronze probably wasn't what I was looking for because it it had a gold flake in it and changed slightly depending on lighting conditions but was still a matte finish. For some reason I became interested in it from there and asked Business End to order some for my projects.

I saw "xTACKLEBERRYx" as a poster in this thread and thought "What now?". I don't know if I was relieved or disappointed to see he didn't have any new equipment/photos.

Least expensive and most bone stock one here I bet. But its mine and I'm happy. Lol
M&P 15 Sport. Hope to add on once more funds permit
2011-11-19_10-29-53_701.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nice job and congrats. Sooo don't leave us hanging whats the specs on that bad boy. [grin]
besides the obvious its got a BCM automatic BCG, BCM charging handle, mid length 1/9 16" barrel w/ a stock gas block cut down, ace rifle length stock and a mil spec lower parts kit in a stag lower, and the upper is a palmetto state armory.....it was sort of a budget build...but i got 100% what i wanted

the only part i bought pre assembled was the BCG

i plan on changing out the trigger and grip at some point

Last edited:
besides the obvious its got a BCM automatic BCG, BCM charging handle, mid length 1/9 16" barrel w/ a stock gas block cut down, ace rifle length stock and a mil spec lower parts kit in a stag lower, and the upper is a palmetto state armory.....it was sort of a budget build...but i got 100% what i wanted

the only part i bought pre assembled was the BCG

i plan on changing out the trigger and grip at some point

Very nice, you have all the goodies and a great rifle. I'm going with a stag lower also and a bunch of BCM stuff. Have not heard of palmetto state armory(just hit the website real quick) they look solid, Thanks for the heads up.

ARMS? Really?
Nice rifle otherwise

You ever stop and think that maybe he is building this rifle as a replica of a mk12 mod 0 and wants what items were originally issued with that weapon? Because ARMS rings were in fact part of it. He provably knows he could get better rings from larue tactical or nightforce (which are the rings that are now being fielded on a lot of the mk12 mod 1's) People need to calm down and realize that not everyone is building the "ultimate" ARs.

You ever stop and think that maybe he is building this rifle as a replica of a mk12 mod 0 and wants what items were originally issued with that weapon? Because ARMS rings were in fact part of it. He provably knows he could get better rings from larue tactical or nightforce (which are the rings that are now being fielded on a lot of the mk12 mod 1's) People need to calm down and realize that not everyone is building the "ultimate" ARs.

You might want to read the whole thread. Flintoid wasn't exactly happy about it when he learned more about the owner of the company. Besides, everything I've read says that at least some of the parts are sourced from a variety of manufacturers.

Finally finished my first build. Had posted pictures previously but I added a couple more goodies to finally finish it off. Here are the specs:

American Weapon Systems AWS-15 stripped lower
DPMS lower parts kit
Ace skeleton stock
American Weapon Systems AWS-15 upper
BCM bolt carrier group
Noveske charging handle
White Oak Armament 16" mid-length barrel, 1:7 twist
YHM low-profile gas block
YHM Phantom muzzle brake
Troy TRX Extreme 13.2" handguard
Magpul AFG
Magpul MBUS gen 2 BUIS
EOTech 512 optic

AR27.jpg

AR28.jpg

AR29.jpg

^ Nice... How did you mount the AFG to the Troy TRX? On my TRX I originally had it mounted via one of the supplied rails but quickly reevaluated it trying to keep it as slim a possible for the most grip. I ended up drilling a hole in the bottom of the AFG (were the replacement finger panel is) and placing a small bolt through it with a washer and nut on the inside of the TRX. Works great.

Thanks. I used the 4" rail section that came with the TRX. Interesting idea drilling the hole though, I will have to check that out.

Old school,E.A. J-15 AND Colt SP-1.

Attachments

• DSCN1262.jpg
    DSCN1262.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN1263.jpg
    DSCN1263.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 107
I'm sorry for the thread hijack. I went to a new, local gunstore today to look at CAR-15s, he had a DPMS flat top. I was going to order a DSA flattop. DPMS was on my shortlist for ARs. What is the reputation for DPMS AR-15s? Also, how good is their customer service if there is a problem.

Thanks!

DPMS was on my shortlist for ARs. What is the reputation for DPMS AR-15s? Also, how good is their customer service if there is a problem.

Thanks!

DPMS AR=15 is a mid tier rifle (on par with bushmaster). For the money a BCM rifle would be a better choice, IMHO, I have owned both. If it's just for plinking probably doesn't matter. HTH

Just finishing attaching all the Magpul furniture to my new M&P 15 optics ready carbine. Primary arms micro should be here Monday! Sorry for the cell phone pic, I was in a hurry!
gun2.jpg

I'm sorry for the thread hijack. I went to a new, local gunstore today to look at CAR-15s, he had a DPMS flat top. I was going to order a DSA flattop. DPMS was on my shortlist for ARs. What is the reputation for DPMS AR-15s? Also, how good is their customer service if there is a problem.

Thanks!

Personally, I think you can do better for the money. What features are you looking for? What's your budget?

Back
Top Bottom