• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR-15 Purchase (legal) question

This makes sense. So dealers such as the one I mentioned sees the enforcement differently?
Yes, the enforcement notice is not law and has no legal bearing. The AG doesn’t have the legal authority to issue such a notice and redefine the term “assault weapon.” The legislative branch makes the law, the executive branch has no authority to interpret or reinterpret laws. The judiciary interprets laws made by the legislative branch.

So recently a friend told me about a place that can get you what you want legally so I took the time and payed them a visit to inquire about an AR-15. They offered to sell me an upper and lower where I them “assemble” it (push the pins together) myself and later register (they do it). The upper has the compliance work done along with the pinned stock on the lower. They also had pre-ban magazines to sell so I had the chance to walk out with a brand new AR-15.

In the end, the rifle is basically an exact copy of the rifle visible on the manufacturers website but with the compliance work done. I am confused because of all the topics of people buying pre-ban lowers or pre-ban rifles which I assume they plan to either be in full compliance or add accessories that the rifle above wouldn’t never be capable of having (flash hider, collapsable stock etc)?

Not looking to start a legal/not legal battle but if this is acceptable, why are some dealers only offering fixed magazines or pre-ban stuff?

MODS, if this topic has been beaten to death, please delete it.

Ill bet this IP comes back to a desk at the Globe.

“I Only use NES for my news”😂😂

But you make it over to the MGTOW thread don’t ya!!!!!! FRAUD!!!!!!!!😂😂😂

Anyways, new people are always going to ask the same questions we’ve all seen asked 10 million times. Between that and dupe threads I don’t know why some guys get so worked up over it.

Follow the law as written put the damn thing together and choot it!👍🏻
I just look at the MGTOW thread now. For some reason I think you look like Al Bundy. I just hope your not selling women's shoes. That's why there's a search feature. I don't have much of a problem with the same questions. Just the "my friend". Have some balls and say I have a question.

I am confused because of all the topics of people buying pre-ban lowers or pre-ban rifles which I assume they plan to either be in full compliance or add accessories that the rifle above wouldn’t never be capable of having
Pre-ban lowers/rifles come in two flavors:
  • pre-'94 federal assault weapon ban(AWB). These do not need to comply with the AWB. This means that a firearm with the lower made prior to Sep '94 can have collapsable/folding stock, flash hiders, bayonet mounted, etc.
  • pre-Healy ban. This one is a bull "pre-ban" and is used to fool people into paying $2000 for a $100 lower.
Also, there is no distinction between a rifle or a lower(pre- or post- ban) from the standpoint of federal law. From a state law standpoint, a lower is not a firearm and need not be entered in EF-10. Only when the lower is capable of firing(ie, becomes an actual rifle), it must be entered in the EF-10.

There were/are dealers/manufacturers on the south shore that were pushing the fixed mag lowers hard saying that you can only legally have fixed mag AR or a pre-ban (1994 AWB not 2016 bullshit). Of course this was a business move on their part to scare people into buying their fixed mag lowers. It seems some gun owners have since realized it's legal to have a brand new AR as long as it is assault weapons ban (AWB) compliant (no flash hider, bayonet lug, adjustable stock etc.)
Those fixed mag lowers are retarded. I mean MAYBE if you want an AR pistol then that's a workaround but aside from that it's dumb
Why do I feel like we were having just this conversation like, I don't know, last night? [rofl]

So recently a friend told me about a place that can get you what you want legally so I took the time and payed them a visit to inquire about an AR-15. They offered to sell me an upper and lower where I them “assemble” it (push the pins together) myself and later register (they do it). The upper has the compliance work done along with the pinned stock on the lower. They also had pre-ban magazines to sell so I had the chance to walk out with a brand new AR-15.

In the end, the rifle is basically an exact copy of the rifle visible on the manufacturers website but with the compliance work done. I am confused because of all the topics of people buying pre-ban lowers or pre-ban rifles which I assume they plan to either be in full compliance or add accessories that the rifle above wouldn’t never be capable of having (flash hider, collapsable stock etc)?

Not looking to start a legal/not legal battle but if this is acceptable, why are some dealers only offering fixed magazines or pre-ban stuff?

MODS, if this topic has been beaten to death, please delete it.
Would your friend by any chance be a lesbian with a nasty disposition and a haircut that screams" Karen "?

I just look at the MGTOW thread now. For some reason I think you look like Al Bundy. I just hope your not selling women's shoes. That's why there's a search feature. I don't have much of a problem with the same questions. Just the "my friend". Have some balls and say I have a question.
😂😂😂Just looked at it now!!!!!! 😂😂😂Having a senior moment Bruh?!…

Look extra hard and see how triggered you got in that thread. Only here for the news my ass!😂😂.

Happy New Year….Fraud!!!😂😂

There is a lot of rubbish out there, I recommend only taking advice from the pros. Simply calling Mass State Police or consulting with an expert at the Cabela's firearm desk should provide you with answers to any questions like this.

I tend to avoid post-ban Glocks due to my guy at Cabela's giving me the scoop that they are illegal in MA. I wouldn't show my face at the mill, that place is basically an illegal black market for machine guns so I've heard.

My 2 cents.
~Gjorgi Bušovič

Last edited:
And that’s what stinks about the laws in this state. Your answer summarizes perfectly my confusion.
Nah, compared to NY and CA we're pretty good. Really though, do you NEED an AR-15? I've gotten by fine with my .45-70 lever action (got a lot of KNOCKDOWN power) and maybe I'll carry my .38 SW police special (If it's good enough for the boys in blue it's good enough for me!) if I'm going to a dangerous area (Lowell walmart).

Before spending your time consulting internet strangers and money on an expensive tactical weapon, have you donated to the NRA? They're going to do better things for all of us than going back and forth on the Web. Think about it next time you go gun shopping at Cabela's, there's usually a sign up booth there on the weekends!

Yes, the enforcement notice is not law and has no legal bearing. The AG doesn’t have the legal authority to issue such a notice and redefine the term “assault weapon.” The legislative branch makes the law, the executive branch has no authority to interpret or reinterpret laws. The judiciary interprets laws made by the legislative branch.

Someone should remind the ATFE of that.

You won’t buy an AR if you love your doggo.

If you look at my post history, you’ll see just how much I LOVE dogs.

Nah, compared to NY and CA we're pretty good. Really though, do you NEED an AR-15? I've gotten by fine with my .45-70 lever action (got a lot of KNOCKDOWN power) and maybe I'll carry my .38 SW police special (If it's good enough for the boys in blue it's good enough for me!) if I'm going to a dangerous area (Lowell walmart).

Before spending your time consulting internet strangers and money on an expensive tactical weapon, have you donated to the NRA? They're going to do better things for all of us than going back and forth on the Web.

Need. 😆😆😆
You don’t need a corvette to get back and forth to work. A Prius will do.

Before spending your time consulting internet strangers and money on an expensive tactical weapon, have you donated to the NRA? They're going to do better things for all of us than going back and forth on the Web. Think about it next time you go gun shopping at Cabela's, there's usually a sign up booth there on the weekends!
The opening was great, but your closing?
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Back
Top Bottom