AR-15 optics options?

What would you guys recommend for my new Bushy XM-15 es2 as far as long(er) distance optics? Meaning, I can't see for shit through the aperture sights and I'm not sure what I could mount up to the fixed top carry handle. That's what that is right?? (Sorry, I'm still a bit of an EBR n00b.)

XM15.jpg

Thanks in advance, and I'm currently scanning websites listed in the Optics sticky.

I had a cary handle olympic similar to yours and mounted a compact Trijicon Acog 2x20 on it. 3.5 power is available but price is an issue $700+.

Check opinions at ARF.com optics section.

B

I would also go the Trijicon route - I have similar AR and just don't have the money to pony up on a good scope yet. Don't buy a cheapie as you will want to replace it in the long run.

It's all about versatility ............ buy one of everything! [smile]

Here is a good place to get started: http://www.samplelist.com/

I have 2 different set ups for my AR's, one has a 3-9 x 40 Nikon scope and will group under an inch from the bench at 100 yards, the other has an EoTech which is accurate plus or minus 6" off my shoulder at 100 yards.

It all comes down to the type of work you want to do.........

Since the OP didn't qualify what long(er) distance is, I'd like to ask what you'd recommend for the same rifle for 200/300 yard distances? I'm looking for basically the same as the OP with a budget in the $500 or so range. I too, have a perm carry handle on my Colt.

I saw the other post about the Sample List site and people saying how they like the Super Sniper scopes. Would the "SWFA 10x42M Super Sniper" fill the bill?

I had a Eurolux 4x Colt knockoff on my AR-15 carry handle for years and years...Bullet drop compensation, clear optics, held zero - and it was not treated kindly at all. Cost? $29.99 Possibly dollar for dollar the best scope I've ever owned. On the high end - ACOG. Everything in the middle us unknown to me, but a guy at the range a few weeks ago had a Leapers on his Bushy and he loved it and appeared to shoot well with it....

Sorry for not being more specific about distance earlier, I'm looking for something in the 50-200 yards range. I'm not sure if I'm going to purpose build it for something specific, but something that will give me an easy 50-200 yards should cover it.

My budget is in the $200 range.

And thank you to everyone for your input.

Sorry for not being more specific about distance earlier, I'm looking for something in the 50-200 yards range. I'm not sure if I'm going to purpose build it for something specific, but something that will give me an easy 50-200 yards should cover it.

My budget is in the $200 range.

And thank you to everyone for your input.

I'm in the same boat. I have the carry handle and have seen optics/mounts that range from $50 to $400. I won't be doing egg shoots or anything that demands extreme performance, but I'd like to be able to see where I'm hitting at 100 yards w/out using a spotting scope after every other round.
I'll eventually be gettinag traget flat top upper that I can put a high end scope on, but for now I'd like the option of a small and inexpensive carry handle mounted scope with at least 4x that won't fall apart after 200 rounds.

Well, and ACOG is going to cost you close to a grand, so we can eliminate that, which isn't bad. I have no clues as to a scope in the $200.00 range, but I would check opinions on the Leapers scopes. They look nice, (which does not mean they are), but I had such luck with that 4x Eurolux that maybe Leapers offers something similar. It will cost you way under 200-smackers, (more money for ammo).

Check this one out: AccuShot Generation 5 AR-15 Scope With Integrated Carry Handle Mount

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom