Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Shooters Outpost (Hooksett) has a good supply of the CCI milspec small rifle primers (#41) as of Thursday afternoon. Price is $89. There was a shelf stocked and 5 or 8 unopened cases of #41 primers (5K per case).

They also have Federal 209A shotgun primers--limit 5 sleeves of 100.

Last edited:
I believe SRP have a thicker/stronger primer cup. This could turn out to be problematic in my IDPA pistol which has a lower poundage striker spring as part of improving the trigger.

I can use them for my M1 Carbine however if I can trade some SRP for SPP I'd do it.
Yes , that is basically the only difference. Lighter springs can be a problem , but in stock guns no issue at all from my experience.
Shooters Outpost has a good supply of the CCI milspec small rifle primers (#41) as of Thursday afternoon. Price is $89. There was a shelf stocked and 5 or 8 unopened cases of #41 primers (5K per case).

They also have Federal 209A shotgun primers--limit 5 sleeves of 100.
In Amherst?

One issue that is possible using SRP instead of SPP, especially with lighter loads, is flame cutting. If the primer cup does not seal well against the pocked because it is to think, gas can escape around the primer and erode the breechface. But, I have been using SRP is fotay and previously 38 super for ages without any such problem.

No--sorry, in Hooksett. I don't think Amherst stocks reloading supplies--at least they didn't when I last aske

One issue that is possible using SRP instead of SPP, especially with lighter loads, is flame cutting. If the primer cup does not seal well against the pocked because it is to think, gas can escape around the primer and erode the breechface. But, I have been using SRP is fotay and previously 38 super for ages without any such problem.
Ive loaded thousands of .38spl with srp and no issues at all.

Squidway has SRP's and a better price than Brown Note. Limit of 1 sucks for shipping cost unless you need something else that is hazmat.

the 'fulfillment' place still has them for $99.
Shooters Outpost had CCI 41s a few days ago for $89. Max of 1 box though, per day.

And thanks guys, I went to check for the BR4s online and ended up spending $700 on miscellaneous reloading stuff. I normally just use CCI 450s for my service rifle loads, but I said f*** it and figured the higher cost of the BR4s was worth my time in constantly looking for primers at more reasonable prices. It’s the first time I’ve bought primers in a year and a half, so why not.

Last edited:
Shooters Outpost had CCI 41s a few days ago for $89. Max of 1 box though, per day.

And thanks guys, I went to check for the BR4s online and ended up spending $700 on miscellaneous reloading stuff. I normally just use CCI 450s for my service rifle loads, but I send f*** it and figured the higher cost of the BR4s was worth my time in constantly looking for primers at more reasonable prices. It’s the first time I’ve bought primers in a year and a half, so why not.
Larry had the 450s in stock last night. Limit of 1k.
Get on the reloading server on discord and get notifications if you aren't already.

Another vendor who ships to MA had Varget in stock earlier. Looks like it lasted all of 10 minutes. Limit of 10 pounds.
$41.29 per pound.
Geesh. Thank god I only use IMR-4064 for my 30 cal loads lol.
as i am out of space to store more powder - i do not need more powder. at least not until i make more space.

i just like my stuff organized and not ready yet just to begin stockpiling it on the floor.

I seem to have mistakenly set an alert for small rifle magnum primers. CCI #450. Have no need for them myself but theyre available as of now at Larry's

Another vendor who ships to MA had Varget in stock earlier. Looks like it lasted all of 10 minutes. Limit of 10 pounds.
$41.29 per pound.
Geesh. Thank god I only use IMR-4064 for my 30 cal loads lol.
I went to 2520 for 308. Cheaper and helps me conserve the Varget. So far it is just as accurate, at least in the M14 and 308 Garand.

Apparently the reloading vendor in the valley had the ginex SPP, limit of 5k (one case) but their site broke lol. I'm hearing $95 per 1k....OUCH
Edit: Yup site back online. $95 per 1k plus shipping and hazmat. Oh and you must buy 5k. Jesus christ.

$515 shipped for 5k....ooof

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom