• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I just tried the checkout with pickup in a Mass store and it flashed a warning popup, but let me proceed with the pickup in store option. The only problem is that they are limiting it to 1 brick of 1000. I did not complete the checkout, so maybe it would stop me after I entered CC info.
Looks like they're shipping to the Foxboro BP as well without a hazmat charge.

you ordered some?
I’d be very surprised if BP/Cabelas changed their policy. I’m just curious
No, but no errors to this point.

I think posting this as it's buying in state is okay but if a forum mod thinks otherwise just let me know and I'll delete it.

Last edited:
I've said that numerous times ,srp work just as well as spp , as long as you haven't messed with the springs in your firearm.
I've never had a problem with SR primers in my handguns. I was curious about the SR military/556 primers. But, they weren't an issue either.

I usually don't buy small pistol primers at all.

No fancy CZs out here.

I've never had a problem with SR primers in my handguns. I was curious about the SR military/556 primers. But, they weren't an issue either.

I usually don't buy small pistol primers at all.

No fancy CZs out here.
I tried CCI #41s in my S&W 586 357, no go. #400s were fine though.

I used SR in 38 super and 40s&w for years without problem. I have been advised by people who know more about this sort of thing than me that the harder cup of the SR primers can in some cases result in gas flow around the primer causing breech face erosion.

The SP Pistol Winchesters are $79.99 at Cabellas (same price as Four Seasons - good chance they have some in stock, but I don't think they rate display space on the floor so its worth asking).

The $62.99 price on SR/223 primers is suggestive of overstock, and I do not have any knowledge of how they compare to conventional SR primers of the same brand. CCI and Winchester (and maybe others) both offer SR primers designated #41 and claimed to be for .223. I suspect these might have a harder primer cup than standard SR primers, but have no hard indication as to the veracity of that claim.

Cabelas had 7 or 8 of the Winchester #41's on the shelf half an hour before closing tonight (Friday).

The price on the shelf is $79, but they ring at $62.99.

There are no posted limits on quantity.

UPDATE: I think they restocked. There were 8 boxes of #41's as of 1:30 this afternoon but they were stacked differenty.

Last edited:
Bass Pro, Savannah, GA today.
Limited quantities of primers in their case, don't know if they had more in stockroom.
Bought the (2) 1000 count boxes of CCI 500 (SPP) that were visible.
89.99 plus tax.

Not a "great" price, not a "terrible" price - I was willing to pay up to 100 per box.

Bass Pro, Savannah, GA today.
Limited quantities of primers in their case, don't know if they had more in stockroom.
Bought the (2) 1000 count boxes of CCI 500 (SPP) that were visible.
89.99 plus tax.

Not a "great" price, not a "terrible" price - I was willing to pay up to 100 per box.
An online vendor (not well known) a couple weeks ago had Fiocchi SPP for 5 cents per. Even with shipping and hazmat, I ended at 5.6 per for 7500. The company was a remanufacturer of ammo and looks like they overbought.

Just keep an eye on ammoseek.com. I saw it at around midnight one night and ordered right away thinking they would be gone, but they lasted a week

Last edited:
Another place just popped up at 5 cents per on the Fiocchi SPP.

No idea to where they ship. It is on ammoseek under primers

Servicos (Argentina) SPPs, $50/k

They would not allow me to ship-to-store (free shipping/no Hazmat) in Hudson, MA but they did allow me to ship-to-store in Hooksett, NH.

In the past, 2021, I was able to buy some ammo and ship to Hudson for pickup. A few months ago I bought some ammo that was on sale but it wouldn't allow me to ship to Hudson. I had to ship it up to Hooksett.

At Hudson they check my LTC to make sure I'm legal. In Hooksett they didn't check any ID to verify I was the correct person. Just gave the me the package and wished me a good day.

Four Seasons has Winchester Small Pistol primers (red/white/black box) for $80.

They had what looked like 5 or 6 cases on the floor and 8 or 10 bricks of 1K on the shelf.

They are discounting the cae price by 10% apparently.

The Ram has had Winchester large rifle primers in stock for a bit this week. $99 per 1k and there are several coupons available.
Four seasons has a better price than that,

"$79.95 / 1000 primers Buy a case of 5,000 primers and save 10%: $71.95 / 1000 Buy 2 or more cases and save 15%: $67.96 / 1000 "

Sorry rifle primers vs pistol primers

Four seasons has a better price than that,

"$79.95 / 1000 primers Buy a case of 5,000 primers and save 10%: $71.95 / 1000 Buy 2 or more cases and save 15%: $67.96 / 1000 "

Sorry rifle primers vs pistol primers
Ya I saw that. Like you said those are pistol primers.
Not bad for a gun shop. Online the cheapest seems to be the Fiocchi 6k count cases for $400 shipped.

As of 5:00pm Friday Cabelas had 8 bricks of Win #41 5.56 NATO small rifle primers.

Shelf tag says $79 (or whatever) but they ring at $62.99 plus tax.
I saw spp and the shelf tag said $89.99 , and then I heard the guy working the floor telling a customer that they were starting to have a hard time getting certain calibers of ammo again. It's all bullshit in my opinion , the place actually sucks , and the only reason I went in was because I met another NES member down the road to buy something off of him.

Back
Top Bottom