Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Anyone use Murom primers? They're 70 bucks a thousand and I think they're Russian. Maybe Wolf or PMC.
Murom Apparatus Producing Plant is the OEM for various Russian brands. I ordered a few cases of Wolf during one of the great shortages, and the 1K boxes were all "Wolf" branded, but the larger box with 5 1K boxes was labeled "Murom apparatus producing plant".

I'm satisfied with the Ginex large rifle primers. They do everything any other primer will do. I'm not quite there yet with the Murom large pistol primers. I'll try a few more before I decide.
I just stumbled on these primers. Would love to see the price under 9 cents per. May not have a choice though. Seems like LRP are getting harder and harder to find.

So you think I'm good to go with these for my 308?

I just stumbled on these primers. Would love to see the price under 9 cents per. May not have a choice though. Seems like LRP are getting harder and harder to find.

So you think I'm good to go with these for my 308?
Do you have a Cabelas in your neck of the woods? See my post above. Can get LRP shipped to the store for free. Just have to pay sales tax

hurry while in stock...
1700257420647.png

or don`t hurry as it seems valley got it all in stock - varget, h4350, al you want seems to be there like there were never any shortages. go figure.

Seeing that ammo prices have returned to normal levels (adj for inflation) I think we're a few months away from primers also returning to similar price levels, barring any panics, which election years seem to generate.

Give it another 4-6 months, we may see primers under $60/1000.

4-6 months? More like 4-6 minutes. I'm like NEStradamus here.
may be, who knows. 91 types of powders are in stock right now - i do not even recall when did i see that many in last 2 years. prices are not going down yet, but, if availability will remain as it - probably it should start adjusting the prices too. as $384 for 8# of varget is not fun.

may be, who knows. 91 types of powders are in stock right now - i do not even recall when did i see that many in last 2 years. prices are not going down yet, but, if availability will remain as it - probably it should start adjusting the prices too. as $384 for 8# of varget is not fun.
Well, regardless, the price and availability online have gotten a lot better to the point I think now is a good time to buy. Even if it's just for brass, that's fine because Starline is so busy the non popular calibers are getting put on the backburner.

Just ordered large pistol primers. They were 8 1/2 cents each with shipping and hazmat. Not great but as good as I've seen. Anyone seen a better price except on Murom?
Two days ago I saw them on a site for 6.5 cents. Winchester. With tax, hazmat, shipping they were 7.5 cents. They sold out within 3-4 hours after I saw them.

I just happened to check ammoseek.com and saw them listed.

If I see anything similar in the future I’ll Pm you

Last edited:
I get that they want to keep people from buying crazy amounts so that there is some for more people, but with HazMat charges, this limit of 1k or 2k for primers makes it hard to justify an order. Seems like 5k would be a better cutoff. I can remember buying them by the sleeve of 100 ... when I was just reloading for a 357, and the shop was on my way home from work, that seemed reasonable ... but supply chain issues have changed that completely.

Have they changed their policy or are they still requiring you ship primers to a free state bass pro/Cabelas?
I just tried the checkout with pickup in a Mass store and it flashed a warning popup, but let me proceed with the pickup in store option. The only problem is that they are limiting it to 1 brick of 1000. I did not complete the checkout, so maybe it would stop me after I entered CC info.

Back
Top Bottom