• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
please 222 really you remember that....

Savage released a new model in .222 mag 2017/18?? Walking Varmitter? Another manufacturer did too, just don't remember who.
Remington stopped making rifles for it.
Researched the cartridge for a few months. Was looking for a used one but gave up. Probably still in the w.t.b..
Still on the fence about .22 Hornet.
Was looking for a 1-200 yard max small cartridge outside of .22 or .223.
Place in Plymton had a lefty for more than I wanted to spend.
So, yea.

Just left Shooters Outpost Hooksett. They have a few Federal Small Pistol Match Primers and 11 cases of the Fiocchi Small Rifle Primers that were mentioned in an earlier post.

Just left Shooters Outpost Hooksett. They have a few Federal Small Pistol Match Primers and 11 cases of the Fiocchi Small Rifle Primers that were mentioned in an earlier post.
Shit 11 cases x 12k per case, that's a decent amount. If I were desperate I'd buy those to use for small pistol loads.

Thanks for the update!

Savage released a new model in .222 mag 2017/18?? Walking Varmitter? Another manufacturer did too, just don't remember who.
Remington stopped making rifles for it.
Researched the cartridge for a few months. Was looking for a used one but gave up. Probably still in the w.t.b..
Still on the fence about .22 Hornet.
Was looking for a 1-200 yard max small cartridge outside of .22 or .223.
Place in Plymton had a lefty for more than I wanted to spend.
So, yea.
I had a 222 late 80s my dad called it treble two or maybe terrible 2s?
It was a fun gun , we burned up the 500 or so rounds that came with it. IIRC 36 gn at 3500 fps? Never really used it once the ammo was gone.

Might be a sign of things to come.
Or contract obligations. Or maybe just loading up?

"Please stop hitting every small primer page on our web site, and stop calling. We don't have any, and we don't know when we'll get more." Production is normal, demand is high, so they'll get another shipment in due course, and they need to think about how to keep their web site up when they do. It occurs to me that one way is to put them up for auction on Gunbroker instead, though it could just be that they're limiting useless clicks.

I bought a couple thousand more bullets the other day, or ordered them anyway, so I'm looking for more primers to match with them. Been thinking to order a few thousand others, too, but I won't be getting around to loading any of those bullets until middle of next year at the earliest, if then, so I'm in no rush. Our "Eddie Coyle" has/had some Winchester Small Magnum primers for $50 a box in Littleton. Anybody who needs SPPs right now should be thinking 5 cents a primer is a fair deal, IMHO.

Scored these from a buddy today. Traded some ammo for them. 800 federal rifle primers not 1k. Funny they say “and high velocity pistol” on the box too.

Never used Remington primers before but I couldn’t say no to him. Cost me about just a hair over 3 cents per primer (ammo was worth a little over $120). Not bad.
9832C58C-862D-4FDE-9E53-446C74A01B82.jpeg

These I’m keeping for myself. I know I said I’m buying for others but not these lol.

I do have 5k Win primers coming Thursday. Those will be sold to a friend.

@Eric H didn’t you snag a bunch of Rem primers last year? If so, how they been working?

Last edited:
9 Federal SPP to the highest bidder

View attachment 382888

All kidding aside I was stumped last week when after a run of 9mm I came up to 491 rounds now I know why. Cleaning the reloading cave and found these in bottom of a ammo can.[rolleyes]
See, an extra 9 primers you didn't realize you had I can understand, it's the ones who say "I was going through my closet today and came upon two AR15s and 7K rounds of ammo I forgot I had" that baffle me! 😂

"Please stop hitting every small primer page on our web site, and stop calling. We don't have any, and we don't know when we'll get more." Production is normal, demand is high, so they'll get another shipment in due course, and they need to think about how to keep their web site up when they do. It occurs to me that one way is to put them up for auction on Gunbroker instead, though it could just be that they're limiting useless clicks.

I bought a couple thousand more bullets the other day, or ordered them anyway, so I'm looking for more primers to match with them. Been thinking to order a few thousand others, too, but I won't be getting around to loading any of those bullets until middle of next year at the earliest, if then, so I'm in no rush. Our "Eddie Coyle" has/had some Winchester Small Magnum primers for $50 a box in Littleton. Anybody who needs SPPs right now should be thinking 5 cents a primer is a fair deal, IMHO.
They should be happy people are going to their website.

They could make money by strategically placing some products as recommendation on all those pages. They can have small advertisements such as "use promo code MyWebsiteSucksDontClickOnIt to get 5% off and ImACheapBastardAndDontWantToPayToImproveTheExeprienceWithMoreTraffic to get 10% (name product they sell)".

So many missed opportunities.

Reactions: meh
Mach 8 will drop up to 4k/hour. Sizing and lube take the most time. A friend picked up the earlier version for $1,500 a while back and I gave him a bunch of lead. He had backorders on all his boolits. I spent some time in his shop helping out and it is crazy busy for one man. He died like a month after getting everything dialed in perfectly. Not sure what his widow did with it all.

Mach 8 will drop up to 4k/hour. Sizing and lube take the most time. A friend picked up the earlier version for $1,500 a while back and I gave him a bunch of lead. He had backorders on all his boolits. I spent some time in his shop helping out and it is crazy busy for one man. He died like a month after getting everything dialed in perfectly. Not sure what his widow did with it all.
Never heard of the mach 8, but heard of the Mark 7.
According to people, they have quite a few problems. But the same people also trashed all the other companies, lol. It was like NES talking about guns, but a bunch of dudes that owned commercial reloading machines.

See, an extra 9 primers you didn't realize you had I can understand, it's the ones who say "I was going through my closet today and came upon two AR15s and 7K rounds of ammo I forgot I had" that baffle me! 😂
I know someone like this, when the Rona started he was cleaning out the shop safe, found a WASR and a case of Wolf x39 he doesn't even remember buying.. lol

The difference between the proverbial guy with an extra 9 primers and the guy/gal that finds a significant stash in the back of the closet is easily explained.

.......the guy that finds a couple of guns and a modest amount of ammo to go along has been buying appropriately over the years......you buy when avail and pricing are good.....you shove it into storage/back of closet and forget about it.....because you keep piling other well priced items in front of it......until a couple years or decade later you're FORCED to take inventory/re-organize because you've filled that closet......

The difference between the proverbial guy with an extra 9 primers and the guy/gal that finds a significant stash in the back of the closet is easily explained.

.......the guy that finds a couple of guns and a modest amount of ammo to go along has been buying appropriately over the years......you buy when avail and pricing are good.....you shove it into storage/back of closet and forget about it.....because you keep piling other well priced items in front of it......until a couple years or decade later you're FORCED to take inventory/re-organize because you've filled that closet......

I get it. I was buying Federal 9mm 124 HST HPs from TSUSA when they would have their 50% sale each month. I figured I'd buy a few boxes here and there when they were on sale. At one point I figured I had about 500, but ended up with well over 1K.

Really, all you can do is laugh.
$200 for a brick

That's absolutely insane. If I thought i could get that much for them without having to go through GB, I might maybe think about the possibility of considering selling some of my small primers. I just kept buying and buying pre-Rona because primers got scarce the last time everyone went full retard. Next thing I know I've got enough primers to keep me loading for several years, even at my heaviest level of shooting.

I don't shoot near as much as I used to the last 2 years, but I kept working up loads for 9mm using any and all small primers i got a hold of. I've got loads for 6 or 7 different powders and I can't recall how many different brands/types of primers. Everything from regular Tula, to CCI small rifle magnum's, which only averaged about 15FPS faster than regular CCI's for my 9mm loads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom