Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say thanks to the NES community related to this subject. I've kept an eye out in the WTS section of this site for deals on primers and have not been let down. Back in March and again just yesterday folks on this site have sold me primers and helped me continue to reload through this shortage. This site is a resource that should not be underestimated.
You are the guy that beat me to that one deal. You Mother f*cker. [laugh] (just kidding)

Totally within their rights, as is the customers right to remember this long after the shortage is history.

I've been impressed by Shooters and DW 619 maintaining fair prices for inventory on hand given situation/avail.....

Cant say enough positive about both shops

To be fair, I havent seen ANY shenanigans from ANY shop I've been in here in NH

Online vendors I've dealt with have similarly been stand up/respectable about shit

remember, most shop owners are not out friends. this is their livelihood. what do they say...money is money and friends is friends. you don't mix them.

Lol, not sure what that means. People have to eat. I have dealers for friends. I buy most of my guns from them. Once in a blue moon they are too
expensive and I go somewhere else. Nobody gets offended, its just business.

Totally within their rights, as is the customers right to remember this long after the shortage is history.

That's a cute "edgelord"-like sentiment, and all, but, largely irrelevant if they can't keep the lights on "long after the shortage is history". Remember the f***er CharLIE Faker punched gun shops in the rectum in this state for like what, 3 months? Basically one guy was open, and a handful of the rest were, on a good day, running sales under the radar, but most were otherwise
closed. So I wouldn't be too quick to get bent over a shop trying to harvest some cash here and there from a bunch of remote idiots, in order to stay alive.

Remember also this is the EXACT same dealer that got kicked out of the gun shows by the douchebag promoter and the the other fag dealers because they were guilty of the high crime of "selling stuff priced too low" so before people jump to shit on them, people might want to think about stuff like that.

I have no affiliation with the store in question and I don't think I've ever set foot in their store. I might have bought some powder from them from a gun show, once, years ago....

hat's a cute "edgelord"-like sentiment, and all, but, largely irrelevant if they can't keep the lights on
The right answer varies by shop. A small guy already on the edge is one type of shop. That dealer's choice may be to sell at auction or risk shutting down.

A big place that has cultivated a certain reputation may not consider it good business to take the "hit" of full market pricing, but may consider it a better business move to take care of their customers or even limit quantity per sale to satisfy as many people as possible.

Can you imagine what it would do to the existing Four Seasons reputation if they got a pallet of primers in and started selling them on gunbroker telling their regulars "Sorry, we do better at the auctions"?
Remember also this is the EXACT same dealer that got kicked out of the gun shows by the douchebag promoter and the the other fag dealers because they were guilty of the high crime of "selling stuff priced too low" so before people jump to shit on them, people might want to think about stuff like that.
Excellent point.

Well, has anyone gone in and asked "Hey, got any primers?"
Just because its listed on gundouchbag doesn't mean you'll pay that price at the counter.
Good point. That’s why I asked if they’re selling in store. Hoping someone would chime in.

Lol, not sure what that means. People have to eat. I have dealers for friends. I buy most of my guns from them. Once in a blue moon they are too
expensive and I go somewhere else. Nobody gets offended, its just business.

That's a cute "edgelord"-like sentiment, and all, but, largely irrelevant if they can't keep the lights on "long after the shortage is history". Remember the f***er CharLIE Faker punched gun shops in the rectum in this state for like what, 3 months? Basically one guy was open, and a handful of the rest were, on a good day, running sales under the radar, but most were otherwise
closed. So I wouldn't be too quick to get bent over a shop trying to harvest some cash here and there from a bunch of remote idiots, in order to stay alive.

I have no affiliation with the store in question and I don't think I've ever set foot in their store. I might have bought some powder from them from a gun show, once, years ago....
Another good point. I wasn’t trying to bash them, I was just pointing it out.

I just want to say thanks to the NES community related to this subject. I've kept an eye out in the WTS section of this site for deals on primers and have not been let down. Back in March and again just yesterday folks on this site have sold me primers and helped me continue to reload through this shortage. This site is a resource that should not be underestimated.
I must have missed the primer deal in the classifieds. Can I ask what I missed? 😂

They are a good shop and Mark is a really good guy who has earned the benefit of the doubt...IMHO.

I asked to buy at counter. Bought primer and bullets, but no primers. I did win auction on GB from him on and picked up in person on tax free weekend. No ship fees and no tax. Good deal all things considered. Mark is good guy. He stated he’s been placing huge orders with numerous suppliers and only received a fraction of what he asks for. If you don’t like his pricing, move along. He is running a business, not a charity.

Last edited:
Another problem is small shops dont know when they will get more inventory.
Prices have not been to crazy around me what i did see was a slow implication of limits with a little price increase.
For example you could get 1000 packs for $36 mid april now its limited to 200 at $5/100 for most primers. Can still buy shotshell primers easily.

Larry P had Winchester small pistol magnum primers in stock about 15 min ago. I tried to find things to fill up my cart and get free shipping. Took too long and they sold out 😂

I asked to buy at counter. Bought primer and bullets, but no primers. I did win auction on GB from him on and picked up in person on tax free weekend. No ship fees and no tax. Good deal all things considered. Mark is good guy. He stated he’s been placing huge orders with numerous suppliers and only received a fraction of what he asks for. If you don’t like his pricing, move along. He is running a business, not a charity.
During one of the previous shortages distributors encountered the Cabbage Patch Doll effect.

If something is out, prospective customers tell 10 stores they will buy as soon as product arrives. When the floodgates open, each buyer who told 10 stores "I'll buy" only buys from one, leaving massive unsold inventory. That will be hard with primers since with each shortage, a new batch of shooters understands that droughts like the current one happen every few years +/- and prepares accordingly.

During the First Great Primer Shortage, people placed massive back orders. I remember a guy at one of my clubs who had a pallet load on back order. Once the floodgates opened up, distributors knew the vast majority of these back orders were one of many these customers had placed (I'm talking about "call me when they are in" orders to wholesalers, not prepaid orders).

Larry P had Winchester small pistol magnum primers in stock about 15 min ago. I tried to find things to fill up my cart and get free shipping. Took too long and they sold out 😂
I dont even know why they have the option to get an Email notification. Half these websites dont send one.

I woke up at 9:30am, way too late, as it turned out. I didn't really expect to have a shot. It's been way too long since the last shipment arrived. When the shipments start showing up again with regularity, my late-sleeping, slow, and lazy ass might have a shot again.

@andrew1220 Dude you gotta pre-fill your cart with stuff so you can add ammo or primers and check right out with the free shipping onboard! That's how I got a case of ammo for $100 less than the going price a couple of weeks ago.

@andrew1220 Dude you gotta pre-fill your cart with stuff so you can add ammo or primers and check right out with the free shipping onboard! That's how I got a case of ammo for $100 less than the going price a couple of weeks ago.
I know! I literally just did this 15 min ago [laugh] Lesson learned for next time!!
Luckily I don't need the primers. Just going to keep buying them when I see them for others.

I went into an LGS who stocks a lot of reloading stuff and asked if they had any small pistol primers. "They are all up for sale on Gunbroker now, we don't sell them in the shop directly" Can't say I blame them, to be honest.

Very nice of you. Well done sir,
Make that 11k. I had someone message me who just got a press and has bullets in the mail etc and needs primers. Asked if I would be willing to part with 1k primers. I caved and told them I’d sell 1k but they’re coming to me. I ain’t delivering lol.
Damn I’m too nice 😂

🤫🤫
No I’ve been selling them to fellow NESers and friends. Already offloaded 10k. But part of me is wondering if I should start keeping more for myself as no one knows how long this shit is going to last.
I knew you weren't selling them on Gunbroker, just busting balls. I agree. I have quite a few primers now, as well as 9mm ammo, but I keep looking for primers because as you said, you never know when this will end. Add to that with the uncertainty of the upcoming election and what that could mean for us.

I don't think I could put a number on what quantity I feel would be enough.

I knew you weren't selling them on Gunbroker, just busting balls. I agree. I have quite a few primers now, as well as 9mm ammo, but I keep looking for primers because as you said, you never know when this will end. Add to that with the uncertainty of the upcoming election and what that could mean for us.

I don't think I could put a number on what quantity I feel would be enough.
Lol I know.

Yeah I may have to start keeping a few more for myself lol. If trump doesn’t win this situation will be beyond insanely bad. No end in sight on the panic if trump doesn’t win.

If trump doesn’t win this situation will be beyond insanely bad. No end in sight on the panic if trump doesn’t win.

The complication is whether and when component manufacturers invest in increased production capacity. If Trump loses, they probably will. If he wins, they probably won't. Impossible to know how it works out, but increased production is a natural consequence of an expectation for sustained, unfulfilled demand in a capitalist economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom