Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4flacw.jpg

Unless some LGS get enough primers to hold back some for customers, looks like we're in for a long haul. Primers going for at least $100 on gunbroker per 1000, nobody is going to sell
locally at 40-50 bucks a brick unless they're trying to do some of their regulars a solid.

Unless some LGS get enough primers to hold back some for customers, looks like we're in for a long haul. Primers going for at least $100 on gunbroker per 1000, nobody is going to sell
locally at 40-50 bucks a brick unless they're trying to do some of their regulars a solid.
Yep. I sold a brick a couple weeks ago for $40 to a fellow NESer. I knew I could have probably asked much more and he would have paid it but I decided not to. I'm not selling any more of my personal stash going forward since there's no end in sight with this crap going on.

I'm just going to continue buying them online when I see them.

Yep. I sold a brick a couple weeks ago for $40 to a fellow NESer. I knew I could have probably asked much more and he would have paid it but I decided not to. I'm not selling any more of my personal stash going forward since there's no end in sight with this crap going on.

I'm just going to continue buying them online when I see them.
I think I am able to actually grab 1-2 cases/week. 75% of the time, it goes out of stock during checkout.

Comparing notes here - How many per week/month on average do you see you are able to purchase during these strange times?

I think I am able to actually grab 1-2 cases/week. 75% of the time, it goes out of stock during checkout.

Comparing notes here - How many per week/month on average do you see you are able to purchase during these strange times?
Dang. Mind sharing (via PM) where you've been able to find them weekly?? Or am I misunderstanding you?

I ordered 5k CCI SPP on 8/1 then 5k Win SPP on 8/13.

I could have ordered 5k Win magnum SPP on 9/9 but was slow to pull the trigger.

Yeah, with everybody suitably schooled to buy without hesitation, I don’t think I’m going to be getting that case of SPPs I’m wanting but don’t actually need until well after the post-election temper tantrum.

Bro, if you don't mind, please PM me.

At this point I'm wondering when the loaded ammo is coming back more than when the primers are. Even at $200 a brick, the cost of the reloaded ammo will be acceptable in context if more affordable loaded ammo cannot be found.

At this point I'm wondering when the loaded ammo is coming back more than when the primers are. Even at $200 a brick, the cost of the reloaded ammo will be acceptable in context if more affordable loaded ammo cannot be found.

I have a feeling loaded ammo from places like Target Sports will be the first to come back. Once that commodity is plentiful, then everything else follows.

I have a feeling loaded ammo from places like Target Sports will be the first to come back. Once that commodity is plentiful, then everything else follows.
If they can get primers. Right now all the primers are going straight to the big ammo manufacturers.

Not too sure what Remington's doing these days.

Same. What they probably should be doing is running their ammunition manufacturing at full throttle and dialing back any other unprofitable activities to help pay for it. What I read as of a couple of months ago said they were behind with their powder and lead suppliers. Might have to fix that first.

I think its safe to say a lot of ammo manufacturers also make their own primers, like Tula, Winchester, Federal, CCi.
Not too sure what Remington's doing these days.
Remington is selling their ammo manufacturing.

I see that $1 a round 9mm defensive has hung around t.s.u.s.a. for more than 45 mins.
I'll take that as the "OH MY GOG I NEED AMMO RIGHT NOW" panic slowing down.

I bet you'll start to see a steady influx of primers by end of oct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom