• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i decided to cast rifle freedom seeds ..

Ive been watching all i can on powder coating rifle bullets. So decided to get a lee mold 312 185 grain and use some lyman no 2 and linotype.ALL ive seen is great reveiws and no lead deposits. Ill still gas check them even when some say its not necessary. ANYONE else do rifle bullets with powder coat?

Ive been watching all i can on powder coating rifle bullets. So decided to get a lee mold 312 185 grain and use some lyman no 2 and linotype.ALL ive seen is great reveiws and no lead deposits. Ill still gas check them even when some say its not necessary. ANYONE else do rifle bullets with powder coat?
What rifle? Cartridge? Twist? Application?

There’s a few on here that have had great success.

What rifle? Cartridge? Twist? Application?

There’s a few on here that have had great success.
IAM JUST DOIMG a 303 then a mosin nagant 762x54 .. just low velocity paper punchers for fun useing pistol powder recipes that ive researched.IVE seen a few youtube videos on accuracy ..seems ok for fun times at the range might even lod a few with triple 7 black powder substitute kicks n giggles.. i have a cpa that a copy of the stevens 66-1/2 45-70 that just uses lube in a 405 grain bullet 5 grove special made mold. that i dont have and old guy cast them for me.

You are talking bolt gun, right?
yes old army rifles 303 and 762x54 mosin nagants ,,just paper punchers at range ...low velocity using pistol powder ..the recipes are unique n 18 grains...dont quote me .. just throwing that out there as one of them I THINK I READ i printed them off for the time ill do the loading.

In theory the 303 and the 7.62x54 should use the same diameter bullet but that's not always the case. My 303 and 7.7x58 will shoot a 311 bullet OK but my 7.62x54 will not. It requires a 314. All this applies to cast bullets. Not jacketed. Fit is probably more important than alloy.

Back
Top Bottom