• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new to this and could be mistaken, but it looks like PV is still selling Primers for normal prices and the ones available elsewhere (NES/GB) are roughly 3 times that price.
How much is a hazmat charge and does that charge and shipping put the price (if you can get the damn things in your cart) over $100/1,000?
If it doesn’t, it’s still probably worth it.
I paid $232 for 5K of SPP shipped from Midway recently. If you can wait and keep at it you might get lucky. Otherwise get ready to grab your ankles for what some people are selling primer and powder for here on NES.

I paid $232 for 5K of SPP shipped from Midway recently. If you can wait and keep at it you might get lucky. Otherwise get ready to grab your ankles for what some people are selling primer and powder for here on NES.

Is there any rhyme or reason to when Larry and PV drop new inventory?
Again, this is new to me (sourcing reloading components) and while I have a good feel for TSUSA, these vendors are relatively new to me with the exception of Larry and random components and mags in non-crazy times.
I’m not looking to move in on anyone’s “territory” (a few thousand SPP and LRP will keep me going for a year), just a little insight.
Thanks.

Again, this is new to me (sourcing reloading components) and while I have a good feel for TSUSA, these vendors are relatively new to me with the exception of Larry and random components and mags in non-crazy times.
I’m not looking to move in on anyone’s “territory” (a few thousand SPP and LRP will keep me going for a year), just a little insight.
Thanks.
No rhyme or reason. I got 1k primers at 2am. Typically though, Larry drops them during the day and they last for about 15 seconds (not joking). Larry doesn't cancel though.

Luckilly, I managed to get what I need. 1k LRP will last me years and the SPP I have will last me at least a year. Imcin it for the thrill now.

I do wish however that I didn't give all those spp away...

Thanks.
None that I’ve figured out.

Shippers like UPS and Fedex are not single price stores. The bigger you are the better deal you get. You even get a small discount of regular pricing with at least one of them by having a free account, and also can drop stuff of at UPS stores (independent franchisees) that are prepaid on your account (print the label at home - Fedex and UPS will both send you free shipping supplies if you have an account) and not pay the retail "UPS Store" markup over UPS standard rates.

If you are big enough, you discussion with either can actually be a negotiation rather than just listening to them quote prices at your volume. Sort of like how Amazon negotiated with USPS.

So it is reasonable to conclude that the standard hazmat fee frequently quoted ($30ish) may not be what the sellers, especially the big ones, are paying.

If I can get ahold of 500 or 1k more SPP or SRP, I'd be very comfortable. I'm set on LRP now since I'll probably burn out my .243 before I use these all up.

I actually got SRP as well. Didn't think the order went through, but it shows in my history.

Unfortunately two separate orders, so I paid hazmat twice.
Try getting them on the chat. I did that and they combined them for me.

Edit: it was a hazmat and nonhazmat order though, so it might be different. Worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom