• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also only buy powders in 8lb jugs during non-shirtage times. Never buy 1lb when there's and 8lb on the shelf. Especially pisto powder. An 8lb jug is over 10k rounds.

Back when I was reloading on the reg I bought them all... because those 4 x 1 pounders you turned down in powder X, a few weeks might go by and then its just gone. Bigger is better when available, though. Even when the market is flush, some powders come and go from the market in waves. Like for awhile stuff like Titegroup and Unique would disappear for long periods.

It is a dog eat dog world out there If you’re not monitoring or have a monitor set up to notify you about what’s in stock then you’ll likely never even know that they had been in stock at all.
Brownells had SRP this morning but they went FAST.
Yeah. I had them in my cart and when I clicked check out it wouldn’t work cause they were gone.

Got an inline BP rifle that uses the shottie primers. Could only buy 1000 min. Looking to trade somefor small pistol primers.At 78 they'll bury me before I ever shoot that many. I figure 800will be avail. FTF only.

If someone really needs LPP, I found two old bricks looking for something else for someone here. I don't own any LPP guns, so they're just collecting dust.

If you pick up in NH (I can meet) I'll trade them for (4) 30rd PMAGs or (2) Glock brand 17/
19rd 9mm mags for each box. Or I'll take SPP or SRP in trade.

I got these from another reloader with a huge batch of stuff. Yes they are old. I've already loaded some SPP from this same person that were same vintage as the righthand box in pic and they all go bang.

PM if you want them.

20210128_111902.jpg

20210128_111826.jpg

Welcome to the "canceled club", plenty of room for new members.
Glad to be part of the club. I can't complain though, I've only been at this for three weeks or so and have managed two separate 1k packs online and another 1,300 from stores with only a handful of cancelations.

Anyone get in on the SPP drop from pv? Got stuck in checkout limbo. Scored some AK food for a good price so the day wasn't all bad ammo wise.

I wont try for PV unless I can grab some powder at the same time. One box of primers isn't worth the shipping/hazmat. Conveniently enough, they posted their powder in the morning, and it sold out.

I’m new to this and could be mistaken, but it looks like PV is still selling Primers for normal prices and the ones available elsewhere (NES/GB) are roughly 3 times that price.
How much is a hazmat charge and does that charge and shipping put the price (if you can get the damn things in your cart) over $100/1,000?
If it doesn’t, it’s still probably worth it.

I’m new to this and could be mistaken, but it looks like PV is still selling Primers for normal prices and the ones available elsewhere (NES/GB) are roughly 3 times that price.
How much is a hazmat charge and does that charge and shipping put the price (if you can get the damn things in your cart) over $100/1,000?
If it doesn’t, it’s still probably worth it.
Its all personal preference I guess. The hazmat fee is $20 and then their shipping ranges from $10-$20 max (based on your order total). They have their shipping info on the shipping policy page on their site.
Right now many people will gladly pay 5-8 cents per primer from PV considering the gunbroker prices. It's all up to the buyer.

Its all personal preference I guess. The hazmat fee is $20 and then their shipping ranges from $10-$20 max (based on your order total). They have their shipping info on the shipping policy page on their site.
Right now many people will gladly pay 5-8 cents per primer from PV considering the gunbroker prices. It's all up to the buyer.

Are hazmat fees set by the seller or shipping carriers? I can see $20 plus shipping being prohibitive normally.

Are hazmat fees set by the seller or shipping carriers? I can see $20 plus shipping being prohibitive normally.
I believe its set between the seller and the carrier as the hazmat fee varies from vendor to vendor. I think Larry P charges like $12 for hazmat??

Reactions: DPR
@andrew1220 is correct again. Just personal preference.

I see PV is throwing some powder up now. The treat with PV is, if I ordered one box of primers two hours ago I would get charged $30 shipping. If I order powder now, I get charged another $30 or so shipping. If you call them and try to combine two orders, they politely tell you they can't. Where that happened with Larry one day, and his nephew that answered my email said no problem. Just my pissy rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom