• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because you are new to the forum. No one knows you. We have to protect our sources.

Don't take it personal.
I'm not taking it personal, and understand the need to protect sources, especially with the incoming administration and Maura's past.

Granted, my post count is low and I'm a newbie to the Reloading section. Having said that, if you consider 2012 new to the forum, what do you consider an old-timer? :D

I'm not taking it personal, and understand the need to protect sources, especially with the incoming administration and Maura's past.

Granted, my post count is low and I'm a newbie to the Reloading section. Having said that, if you consider 2012 new to the forum, what do you consider an old-timer? :D
I consider new anyone that posts too little, even if they have been a member for a while and someone that doesn't have any feedback.

Sounds like a very doable group buy. Roughly 100 people, $400 a piece, or whatever it is. Probably some extra tarrffs/delivery fees in there somewhere. What's that, around 10k primers per person? Should float this in the member's section. I would like to think there are at least 100 people here that reload pistol. I could be wrong.
Actually, the $38K was the full price including delivery to the US. It also included $750 for freight shipping to another locale. 10% of the price not counting the $750 reship is being charged as a commission which seems fair given that this is an import required international arms shipment. (that 10% is included in the $38K price I mentioned)

A local group is planning its order, but waiting until the order due on 1/21 is landed as confirmation of the process. I file this under "good idea, that's what I would be doing".

The trick is for someone to handle the money, pay for the order, take delivery, and hand out to buyers. Safest way in MA is a dealer as this goes beyond selling a few to a friend, and someone might actually care if you have a license to sell ammo, which is why I am NOT organizing a group buy.

Last edited:
Having said that, if you consider 2012 new to the forum, what do you consider an old-timer? :D

2012....most of the old goats here (including me) have ketchup that's older than that ;-)

Seriously, wish we didn't feel the need to post in this pseudo-clandestine manner but every time ya think the coast is clear....you are reminded it's not.

Actually, the $38K was the full price including delivery to the US. It also included $750 for freight shipping to another locale. 10% of the price not counting the $750 reship is being charged as a commission which seems fair given that this is an import required international arms shipment. (that 10% is included in the $38K price I mentioned)

A local group is planning its order, but waiting until the order due on 1/21 is landed as confirmation of the process. I file this under "good idea, that's what I would be doing".

The trick is for someone to handle the money, pay for the order, take delivery, and hand out to buyers. Safest way in MA is a dealer as this goes beyond selling a few to a friend, and someone might actually care if you have a license to sell ammo, which is why I am NOT organizing a group buy.
Is the local group planning to use a dealer?

2012....most of the old goats here (including me) have ketchup that's older than that ;-)

Seriously, wish we didn't feel the need to post in this pseudo-clandestine manner but every time ya think the coast is clear....you are reminded it's not.
Naw, I understand compartmentalization, need to know, and the reluctance to share information with the new face, especially with MA's environment.

Bumped into a friend of mine at the range today who I hadn’t seen since the last winter. Long story short he was out of a job for a bit and money was tight and couldn’t stock up on components. He was down to his last 1k small pistol primers so I told him give me $40 and I’ll give you 1k Federal SPP. Needless to say he was beyond pumped and came to my house rather quickly 😂
I was EXTREMELY reluctant to give away 1k but I felt bad for him and wanted to help.

Isn't there ANYONE on this list who can organize a buy and distribution of the booty?
I would/could if I was desperate for primers but I’m not.
That being said, Northeast Arms in Peabody said (months back) they’d be willing to help with the receipt of the primers and possibly ordering (would need all money upfront from everyone of course) but someone would need to confirm if he’s still willing lol.

Isn't there ANYONE on this list who can organize a buy and distribution of the booty?

So is there a rich guy that's retired just hanging around doing nothing? Otherwise that whole thing basically sounds like a job.... ;)

If the source/broker has already proven to reliable that lessens the drama somewhat, but someone still has to collect all the money and
get it to the broker/supplier. With the large $$$$ involved it makes more sense for an established dealer to collect the money so it doesnt set off any
huge alarm bells when they fire off a wire transfer for some amount well over 10 grand.....

So is there a rich guy that's retired just hanging around doing nothing? Otherwise that whole thing basically sounds like a job.... ;)

If the source/broker has already proven to reliable that lessens the drama somewhat, but someone still has to collect all the money and
get it to the broker/supplier. With the large $$$$ involved it makes more sense for an established dealer to collect the money so it doesnt set off any
huge alarm bells when they fire off a wire transfer for some amount well over 10 grand.....

That, and how many "In's" will shill out at the last minute because the price quote of say $40 a brick goes to $45 due to some unknown fee.

That would be tough. I would think the biggest problem would be all the people that would want just 1-2k of primers. That would just muddy up everything and make it a pain in the balls. One could set a limit, but you know they would still cry and ask.

Edit, Grant's post covers it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom