Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. Does the permit say anything about posting in a conspicuous place? Just wondering if they'd expect you to have it mounted next to your front door or in the window like a building permit.
I just went to check it and on the bottom it does read “this permit must be conspicuously posted upon the premises”. I have it posted on one of the cabinet doors above my bench. Although I do see he limited me to 48 lbs of smokeless powders and 10k primers.

I just went to check it and on the bottom it does read “this permit must be conspicuously posted upon the premises”. I have it posted on one of the cabinet doors above my bench. Although I do see he limited me to 48 lbs of smokeless powders and 10k primers.
I don’t believe there is any allowance for having more than 10k primers. With permit it’s 10k max, without permit it’s 10k max.

I don’t believe there is any allowance for having more than 10k primers. With permit it’s 10k max, without permit it’s 10k max.

Yes, that is correct.

The permit that lets you store up to 47 pounds of smokeless powder does not correspond to storing more than 9,999 primers. Apparently, whatever license you can get to store 48+ pounds of smokeless powder, or more than 50K rounds of loaded centerfire ammunition, is what you need to store more than 9,999 primers and be in compliance with the fire prevention code. I think when the limit was only 1K primers, the permit would allow you to store up to 9,999, but when they exempted up to 9,999 without a permit, there just wasn't any range that required a permit but not a license.

Talking about powder permits ... I prefer to store my powder in ammo.

I reloaded 500 45/70, that is 2lbs of powder.
Damn. Impressive. I’ve never done a batch of 45-70 that large..... Yet!

I have a conversion kit for my Dillon550. I’m dying to run it just to say I reload 45-70 on a progressive.

What are you storing the finished cartridges in? MTM boxes?

Zip lock bags.
Ok here you go. Buy a couple for yourself.
I picked up a couple for a buddy last winter. Very nice product for short money.

Ok here you go. Buy a couple for yourself.
I picked up a couple for a buddy last winter. Very nice product for short money.

Those look nice.

I have a few of these for the BPCR rounds (the 20 round boxes).

They are pretty durable.

The 5K Bosnian Ginex SPP arrived today. Just in loose trays - no outer box.
These will be going to a fellow NESer who just grabbed a press and has no components.

Those primers look okay to me. Many ammo brands come from B-H, so I'm sure we've all used these primers without knowing it.
FWIW, those Remington 1 1/2s in the wooden trays are working just fine, too. I've been loading up the same thirty or so pieces of 9x19mm and they function as good as factory fresh ammo (as best as I can tell).

Attachments

• 1.5 Remington.jpg
    1.5 Remington.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Those primers look okay to me. Many ammo brands come from B-H, so I'm sure we've all used these primers without knowing it.
FWIW, those Remington 1 1/2s in the wooden trays are working just fine, too. I've been loading up the same thirty or so pieces of 9x19mm and they function as good as factory fresh ammo (as best as I can tell).
Wooden trays?! Damn that's cool.

Powder in the valley
Not going to even look. That will throw my powder to primer ratio way off, probably to the point of no recovery.

If anyone wants to place and order and split the hazmat/shipping, let me know.
Did they even have any in stock? I looked shortly after his post and everything was OOS - shocker!

I was late myself but had a lot, varget 4350 h100 also imr they had 8lbs of 8208 when I added to my acct by time I was checking out it bumped me down to two. Looked like all the win powders were in stock while I was there as well. Just glad I was able to grab cpl pounds of 8208

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom