• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swung by Cabelas on my way home from an IDPA match. The sales guy said they had 2k SPP and limited to 1k but said a guy bought both after he asked a random customer to buy the other 1k and he’ll pay him in the parking lot. Craziness

Asking strangers to buy primers to get around store limits.....damn...i think I would have turned to the fake mustache and sunglasses before doing that ;-)

pugpic.png

When this primer emergency passes, never forget that primers have a loooooong shelf life. Just found these in the back of my stash (which is stacked high and deep...as it should be). Based on the old packaging, I am guessing 20 years old. Based on experience, I have no doubt they will function just fine.

20201217_130725.jpg 20201217_130725.jpg

When this primer emergency passes, never forget that primers have a loooooong shelf life. Just found these in the back of my stash (which is stacked high and deep...as it should be). Based on the old packaging, I am guessing 20 years old. Based on experience, I have no doubt they will function just fine.

View attachment 424150View attachment 424150

20 years is new.....

50 years is still nothing wrt age......

Store in moderate temp/humidity env and its good for a lifetime

I found a box of SP in the stack. It felt like hitting the lottery.

Ya those will shoot just fine. I've got a ton of those WLP with the same style packaging. I've got some older CCI 350's that are probably from early 70s - work just fine.

The go to vendor has Unis Genix SPP going in and out of stock. I was able to snag a 5k count case. Limit is 1 case. Keep hitting refresh!!!
Never used them before but figured why not grab em.

Reviews seem to be okay on these.

Last edited:
The go to vendor has Unis Genix SPP going in and out of stock. I was able to snag a 5k count case. Limit is 1 case. Keep hitting refresh!!!
Never used them before but figured why not grab em.

Reviews seem to be okay on these.

Never heard of that brand before....hey, any port in a storm. Nice work snagging them and kudos for continuing to help those in need.

Nice to see something come on the market..they must be casting a wide net for inventory to sell..I don’t mind import primers...at least I know the charge and brass they are going into..can’t say the same for import ammo..

Not a brand I previously heard of but some discussion on the Enos forums:

Pricing is consistent with the deal I arranged for the only person with the balls to cough up $38K to order a million of another "not familiar to most US shooters" brand. Distributor quantity landed prices comparable to what Winchesters used to sell for at retail.

Larry had CCI LRP for a short time. I have a bday coming up and got a discount and free shipping. $157.57 per 5k shipped. Snagged 10k for 2 fellow NESers who weren’t able to order them. For some weird reason they showed in stock for me but OOS for them.

Bass pro had large pistol magnum primers listed this morning. When I got them in my basket and attempted to buy them, they were gone. I suppose that it may have failed as I asked them to ship to the Foxboro store... [angry]

Bass pro had large pistol magnum primers listed this morning. When I got them in my basket and attempted to buy them, they were gone. I suppose that it may have failed as I asked them to ship to the Foxboro store... [angry]
If you ever find your way up in Gloucester. I could probably spare 1000 Win LPM if you’re in need.
I'm waiting for the day when we hear about a house collapsing due to the weight of SPPs, and we find out it's @andrew1220 who, according to authorities, "Was just holding some primers for a friend!" Then again, 10K primers can't weigh that much 🤣!
🤫🤫

I think rusty might still have these? He’s got 1k CCI LPM in that lot. Good dude. If I needed more LPP I’d be all over that deal. I’m overflowing with Win LPM thanks to him😂

:)[banana][smile]:)[banana][smile]:)[banana]:)

Just got these golden nuggets delivered:
(3K of CCI shotshell 209 primers = found an online
website that had them, and it was not a store that
you would normally think to look for them at ...)

Attachments

• 20201218_141024 (2).jpg
    20201218_141024 (2).jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom