• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone here into air guns?

True enough. They don’t make anything like they used to.
I had a Sheridan 5mm I could knock acorns down at 25yrds and if you had the grapes, you could beat a bear into submission with it.

True enough. They don’t make anything like they used to.
I had a Sheridan 5mm I could knock acorns down at 25yrds and if you had the grapes, you could beat a bear into submission with it.
The newer sheridans are still pretty good after a little cleaning up. The williams rear aperture sight really helps them along nice also.

Thanks guys...No idea where it's losing air but I haven't really messed with it after it stopped working...just put it away...installed a new seal kit may 2016 from eBay (posted earlier in this thread)...I'll have to tear it down and see if I can find the issue
I will note some of the ebay kits use the wrong material for the seals. Make sure your getting the correct seal material. Some will basically fail from thd heat and pressure inside the system.

I will note some of the ebay kits use the wrong material for the seals. Make sure your getting the correct seal material. Some will basically fail from thd heat and pressure inside the system.

The thing is I rebuilt it last year and it worked fine and then I didn't use it till now and it wouldn't run...that's the aggravating part

The thing is I rebuilt it last year and it worked fine and then I didn't use it till now and it wouldn't run...that's the aggravating part
Yes it can happen. Moister can get in there and be a problem. Its usually a matter of seal shrinkage. Anyone else have access to your air rifle. My friend picked mine up when i was not looking and decided 20 pumps was cool...blew my exaust valve to shit.

Yes it can happen. Moister can get in there and be a problem. Its usually a matter of seal shrinkage. Anyone else have access to your air rifle. My friend picked mine up when i was not looking and decided 20 pumps was cool...blew my exaust valve to shit.

Nope...only my wife and she doesn't go in it...def no moisture though

Nope...only my wife and she doesn't go in it...def no moisture though
Unless you live in a vacuum theres moister. Ezpecially when you start pumping them up.
Tear into it.
Only way to see whats happening.
Will it pump at all.

From what I understand pump guns should be stored with a couple of pumps of air in them. I am fixing an old 1960's era Benjamin Sheridan for a friend. It has the soldered in valve set up.

From what I understand pump guns should be stored with a couple of pumps of air in them. I am fixing an old 1960's era Benjamin Sheridan for a friend. It has the soldered in valve set up.
I had a hard time finding parts for my blue streak several years ago. Sent it to
http://www.abairgun.com/index.html
Did a awesome job.
Mac1 air guns is another one I would try for parts or rebuild.

if you want real quality Sheridan parts you need to go to Plamers Persuit shop yes Sheridan air gun valve parts are the same exact parts in a Sheridan paintball gun and Plamers does Sheridans better then anyone else period

Back
Top Bottom