Anyone going to the Shot Show in January - Las Vegas?

Is anyone going to the Shot Show in Las Vegas? I get to go for the second year in a row, this time as a Handgun training business owner. Just curious who will be there and when.

Arriving Monday PM, leaving Thursday AM.

ps: Is this who I think it is?

On to Shot Show stuff.....

- Getting a ticket is easy - If you don't have a friendly FFL, someone on NES will no doubt help.

- Different benefits for different color tickets:

-- Retailer - People in the booth actually pay attention to you. Loads of the vendors have private after hours parties, but they're not going to be wasting tickets on you unless they size you up as someone who can do something for them. If you want to try to score some tickets, wear a retailer badge. Some of the manufacturers which run the higher end parties gives each rep a very limited quota of tickets, and they have to choose carefully which existing business contacts rate one. Some freebies (like the literature tote carts RSR sometimes give out) are available to "retailer badge holders only".

-- Exhibitor - No one gives a rat's ass about you when you are looking at their stuff, but you can enter the show arena during the morning setup before the crowds hit the door. I didn't notice this one year when I had an exhibitor badge, and wondered why everyone was hanging outside the show instead of going in. If you have an exhibitor from an NSSF member, you can buy lunch in the "members lounge". Basically, it's still crummy overpriced convention center food but less of a line.

-- Press - No one will bother you for taking photos, and vendors may pay attention to you

- If you're hotel is not withing walking distance, use the Shot Show shuttle busses - the Las Vegas monorail runs about $3 each way even for short trips.

- The Stratosphere (north end of strip) and Orleans (slightly off strip) are two good bets for decent room rates; there may be additional cheap choices.

- As of this year, your FL and UT non-resident permit is no longer good for carry in NV.

Last edited:
An interesting notice in today's email from the Shot Show:

Ineligible attendees risk ejection and loss of entry payment

With the 2010 SHOT Show little more than a month away, Web forums, Internet chat rooms and other community Web sites are abuzz with excitement about attending the show. Although registered show-goers have already complied with the attendee-registration process, others are looking for ways to get tickets even though they may not be eligible to attend the show. The SHOT Show is a private trade show for professional shooting, hunting and outdoor trade members only. The show is not open to the general public.

The SHOT Show is keeping a watchful eye for unauthorized ticket brokers buying, reselling and transferring SHOT Show attendee admission badges and others attempting to circumvent show-attendance rules. These individuals risk having their badges cancelled and immediate removal from the show without a refund.

The safest way to obtain SHOT Show attendee badges is either through the show's Web site or in-person at the show following verification of trade affiliation.

To report specific violations of the show's ticketing and admission rules please contact the National Shooting Sports Foundation's Legal Department at 203 426-1320 or [email protected].

If you haven't booked a room yet check out the Aria. They were just finishing it when I was @ the MGM Grand for SEMA in november. I also believe it has a stop for the tram that goes to the convention center.

I'll be there also. Couldn't pass it up. Friend is a FFL so he could get passes. Monday thru Saturday including hotel and airfare $347. Too good to pass up!

I have a 4 month old and a 2 year old so no I cant go [crying]. But you guy's have fun and take lots of pic's of all the new toy's we cant get in mass.

Yes Rob it is who you think! I am still doing work for EMC, but as a contractor. I plan to be in Vegas Tuesday and leaving on Thursday. I will try to find you. Will you be with USPSA or with SVI?

PM me if interested

I PM'ed you my cell. I will be wearing a USPSA badge, but won't be working the booth full time. SVI won't have a booth at the show - they're fully booked with guns to build and are keeping busy at the factory.

Back
Top Bottom