Anyone else see this at North Station?

Are you serious?

Ever hear of LAPD SWAT and Dallas SWAT, NYPD ESU?[rolleyes][rolleyes]

show me the numbers. I am going to hazard a guess that many of the Dallas and LAPD swat callouts are to serve drug warrants. I don't know about NYPD ESU.

numbers there big guy. show me the numbers. I'll eat humble soup, but I need facts.

http://www.lapdonline.org/inside_the_lapd/content_basic_view/848

the LAPD SWAT Team has rescued dozens of hostages and currently handles approximately 100 barricaded suspect incidents and over 120 high-risk warrants a year.

and of the 120 warrants, not all are drug related plus they don't mention any off calls for service they handle, VIP protection, search and rescue, hostage rescue, fugitive apprehension. so right there it looks like they serve a purpose for more then just drug warrants.

All major cities, and all outside of New England. Not sure what ESU stands for.

We're talking small town Massachusetts, in particular, here.

We are? ... this is the post I was responding to:

make you a deal... when you can show me ANY "swat" or "stop" team anywhere outside of NH that exists on the municipal level and is used for more hard threat call outs than they are used for serving drug warrants, I may feel that their existence is justified.

Follow along please.... any more questions?

Up my way:
  • Our police department doesn't have ar-15's, M4's or any other tactical rifle
  • Our police depart DOES have one pump action shotgun for a department of five cruisers
  • We have no SWAT team
  • We have never had a "drive by shooting"
  • Closest thing to a gang is five rednecks all drinking beer in front of a trailer
  • half of the homes never lock doors at night
  • no one ever gets burglerized
  • we have more guns than deer, and the bad guys know it

Up my way:
  • Our police department doesn't have ar-15's, M4's or any other tactical rifle
  • Our police depart DOES have one pump action shotgun for a department of five cruisers
  • We have no SWAT team
  • We have never had a "drive by shooting"
  • Closest thing to a gang is five rednecks all drinking beer in front of a trailer
  • half of the homes never lock doors at night
  • no one ever gets burglerized
  • we have more guns than deer, and the bad guys know it

Do you folks need a chimney sweep up there?[laugh]

I find this thread amusing. In another Ed Davis and Mumbles are FOS because they buckled when they wanted AR15's and everyone was chiding them. Now when a black-clad copper shows up some kind of rifle, it is an example of the militarization of the police.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. I can't help but fail to see the irony in all of this.

Mark056

Back
Top Bottom