Anyone else see this at North Station?

not this time,..but looks like they are slowly easing the public into martial law.

my first thought was,..that cant be...ammo links? a drum? in a train station... why?

I've seen the MBTA police in SWAT attire carring their MP5s with Eotechs at downtown crossing and State Street on the Orange line. Never seen them with rifles with ammo links or drums though.

I guess they are really enforcing that zero tolerance - no cellphone policy for subway operators!! [wink]

coming back from a long weekend, not too surpirsed.

they are out there.. i haven't frequented the train stations like i used to - but S. Station and N. Station - pretty common to see AMTRAK or MBTA police, sometimes a K9 too in full battle rattle.

Maybe an MP5 with a drum magazine?

that sounds plausible to me,..ill show her mine and see if it rings any bells.

i wish i was there to spot this,..i would of been able to give a detailed description of what he was carrying.

Last edited:
I'm calling BS on the ammo belt or drum.

Considering the characters that loiter around some stations, I'm not sure I wouldn't want to be carrying an M4 around there either.

I saw a state cop today that had just pulled someone over on 495, he was driving a marked cruiser but had the black tactical uniform on. [thinking][hmmm]

A member of the STOP team who happened to make a motor vehicle stop. Nothing more than that.

The Massachusetts State Police Special Tactical Operations (STOP) Team is a well trained, disciplined, professional tactical team that is prepared to respond at any time to any crisis statewide involving the use or threatened use of deadly force. Since its inception in 1971, the STOP Team has met the challenge of this responsibility. The STOP Team has provided tactical support and training to a variety of departments and organizations at the Federal, State, Local, and Military level. Typical calls for service include armed barricaded subjects, hostage situations, high-risk warrant service, wooded searches for armed subjects or lost/missing persons, VIP/dignitary protection, tactical response to armed emotionally disturbed individuals, civil disturbance and riot control, to highlight a few. Placing a premium on partnership and teamwork, the STOP Team has successfully resolved hundreds of incidents, many with the combined efforts of Federal and Local officers, and of other MSP specialized units such as the Hostage Negotiation Team, State Police K-9 Unit, AirWing Unit, Divisions of Field Services, Special Emergency Response Team, Investigative Services, and Marine Section.

Oh. I see.

And they was using up all kinds of
cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station.
They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
mention the aerial photography.

Alice's Restaurant Massacree

And they was using up all kinds of
cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station.
They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
mention the aerial photography.

Alice's Restaurant Massacree

[grin] I like that part. Happened right here in South County, too!

Standard uniform for K9 units.

mspk9.jpg

I really do see. I just have never, in my nearly half-century on this earth, seen a ninja cop make a traffic stop. Never. Not once. But, wonders never cease.

Well, when you think about it logically, there are probably thousands of MSP and local police in MA, and maybe 3-4 dozen are on that kind of unit. Add in the fact that they probably spend a little more time in training and less time out on the roads, and you have your answer. I know I've seen it at least once or twice in my quarter century.

I really do see. I just have never, in my nearly half-century on this earth, seen a ninja cop make a traffic stop. Never. Not once. But, wonders never cease.

Standard uniform for K9 units.

mspk9.jpg

I've never seen one of these guys in a marked cruiser, I have seen them in black ford pick ups and explorers.

It was not a green uniform, it was black and there were no k-9 markings on the unit.

BTW I hope that guy in the pic has ball protection. [shocked]

"Sick Balls Chopper"

Back
Top Bottom